Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
For anyone wants some insight into how EarthBound was translated into English, I recently interviewed the game's chief translator. He actually ended up having to rewrite a lot of the text, so the game's writing isn't just from Itoi but from the localizer as well. EarthBound is one of my favorite games so it was really cool to get an opportunity to speak to someone who had such an impact on the game.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/07/marcus-lindblom-earthbound/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
I feel like I'm crazy or something for vastly preferring Mother 3 over EarthBound. EB is one of my favorite games but Mother 3, for me at least, just seems better in every aspect. EB's biggest problems were its clunky and painfully small inventory system and the fact that it takes a long time to get going. Mother 3 feels much faster paced and it fixes all of EB's design flaws, most notably the inventory. Also I like that it has some actual challenge beyond the first five hours.

• Locked thread