Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Did someone kidnap the author and replace him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
He's a Japanese teen with time travel powers, we should have seen this coming from the start, the question now is how insane/traumatised will he get trying to prevent tragedy.

Yak of Wrath fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 6, 2014

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wow, this manga suddenly got actually interesting. Aoshima finally meets someone with his powers who calls him out on his selfish "Wagatsuma must love me!" bullshit and verbally smacks him down with a "She has a life beyond you, would you take that away for what you want?"

Clearly Aoshima is refusing to listen and will hopefully embarrassing and humiliate himself yelling at Wagatsuma that she'll die if she follows her dreams and she should marry him.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Aaaaand he does.

This other time-slipper is like the reactions this entire thread has taken towards Aoshima being a moron personified, even allowing him to humiliate himself over and over again in order to prove a point. The lesson seems to be "You were so obsessed with her being your future wife you never bothered to live in the present and now that future is gone forever".

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
This is the most interesting the manga's been for a long time. Presumably he'll save her with the power of love and convince her to stay in Japan, but regret tying her down in the process, and get up going to Africa with her.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Skychrono posted:

This is the most interesting the manga's been for a long time. Presumably he'll save her with the power of love and convince her to stay in Japan, but regret tying her down in the process, and get up going to Africa with her.

His timeskips all showed him happily married before he even became friends with her, so all he had to do was engage her socially, confess, and then carry on a normal relationship. Instead he acted like a complete batshit moron once they started dating and ended up chasing her away with his antics, and then resigned himself to live alone as a shut in.

It's really nice to have a literal adult just flat out tell him and show him that he needs to grow the gently caress up.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Dramatic right turn explained: only three chapters left.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

Ah, that would be the obvious explanation, and not at all surprising after the quality took such a dramatic nosedive. I haven't actually read this manga since he got caught kissing manga girl, at this point I'll probably just wait for it to wrap up and then finish it in one go.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

So, it'll end with chapter 100? That's a good stopping point I guess.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

pentyne posted:

So, it'll end with chapter 100? That's a good stopping point I guess.

Depends on how you count the chapters. I think Crunchyroll says we're on 105.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

107: Did he actually lose? Wait, she's going to have read the letter, not gotten on the flight, and it's going to all work out. Somehow.

I would have great respect for the author if it skips that and actually goes for full suffering end.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Bad End, story ends with him stabbing his boss to death.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 17, 2014

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I just want to point out that it came out a while ago that the author ended this manga because he had to choose between his manga job and working in the food service industry, and we all know that's an obvious decision.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

madmac posted:

I just want to point out that it came out a while ago that the author ended this manga because he had to choose between his manga job and working in the food service industry, and we all know that's an obvious decision.

Poor guy. I hope he's a manager or something, not a burger flipper.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

And it's all over! That ending was pretty good. I felt like it ended a bit too quickly at first but I warmed up to it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What the hell happened to this manga? It was funny and entertaining but it fell in a slump and it never recovered from it.

The ending was decent but it could've happened like 30 chapters ago.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I dropped it after the field trip. Not sure if its worth picking it back up for the ending. Thoughts?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Artificer posted:

I dropped it after the field trip. Not sure if its worth picking it back up for the ending. Thoughts?

The ending was predictable and outside of Aoshima having a small arc to suddenly become a decent person there isn't that much of character development for the cast.

They introduced an interesting plot point on the last five chapters but it went nowhere (is part of the aforementioned arc to turn Aoshima on a decent guy); I'd say just pick up from the last five chapters since the in between arcs are really lovely.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I think the author just didn't know what to do with it and then suddenly had to end it. Like he wanted it to be this science fiction-ish romantic comedy and added in Sylvia for tension, but he forgot to make Wagatsuma an actual character at all or give any reason that Aoshima should actually like her over Sylvia (or the manga girl). Then we get the start of a harem thing with the manga chick that doesn't really go anywhere, and then Aoshima starts being a decent person so that the manga can end.

Also you had weird poo poo like Aoshima's incredibly awful friends who don't have any redeeming factors and the roving gang of fujoshis and et cetera.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I wonder what happened to make all the girl's have ginormous heads... or I guess huge hairstyles.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Boneitis:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What the hell happened to this manga? It was funny and entertaining but it fell in a slump and it never recovered from it.

The ending was decent but it could've happened like 30 chapters ago.

Apparently the author was working two jobs for a while before he decided to drop the manga and focus on cooking or whatever. Possibly he ran out of ideas before then but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason the manga suddenly nosedived in quality.

• Locked thread