Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Rodyle posted:

Was this originally run in another magazine or something? It seems that the chapters marked "SP" are an earlier serialization or something.

Basically yeah. Apparently the first 11 chapters were in another magazine first, and are marked SP. Then it got restarted, but it'll still refer to those first 11 chapters as introductions for Sylvia and etc. The scanlators didn't start on the first 11 chapters till a while later, so there's still that gap, but it's not that big of a deal probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

DoubleDonut posted:

Anyone know what's going on with the translation order? Everything on Mangafox appears to be out of order; it just updated with two new chapters from volume 2, even though we appear to be up to volume 5. Also, those chapters say that the story in them will continue in volume 3, but the volume 3 we actually have doesn't seem to have any relation to it.

Link: http://mangafox.me/manga/wagatsuma_san_wa_ore_no_yome/v02/c009/1.html

Volume 3 is just a slight reboot due to being moved to a different magazine. Scanlators just started from Vol 3 initially before going back to translate the first 2 volumes. All the stuff from Vol. 1 and 2 still happened though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
So Crunchyroll picking it up has brought a whole bunch of new chapters, all basically reinforcing how Wagatsuma is the least interesting girl and Aoshima is bad at choices.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Zogundar posted:

Not even close to caught up yet but I wanted to write a couple of comments:

It looks like the first 8 something chapters I read were actually from a special rather than actual manga chapters? It's strange though because those felt like a much better introduction to.. everything.

Second, and main one - did anyone else come across a "and so I gave up - THE END, THANK YOU FOR READING" page? Was that some kind of troll, or.. what happened there?

The first couple chapters were actually in another magazine, but are still considered to have happened. Obviously with the switch to a another magazine, the author had to reintroduce everything for the new readers.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Gotta admit one thing for Wagatsuma, it's probably one of the few shonen that bother to have the couple actually dating in what feels like the first half of the story. Though I'm sure Aoshima will screw this up in some manner, or I'm wrong and we're actually nearing the end. It doesn't feel anywhere close to the end though, since Wagatsuma has barely had any character development.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Crunchyroll just counted those first 10 SP chapters which were in another magazine, so that's where the discrepancy comes from. Wagatsuma is up to date currently though.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 14, 2014

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well, it's just solidifying itself more and more as a harem manga it seems, though I never thought a teacher heroine would enter the picture. Now that it's come up though, it just made me realize that our main character is practically one of those terrible visual novel protagonists, only he hits all the flags terribly and doesn't know how to reach the ending despite seeing it literally, and all of his friends are terrible instead of being bros. Basically he is no Keima Katsuragi and clearly should play more games.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well, it's jumping to their 3rd year, so looks like it's speeding toward its ending arcs, unless it does the unimaginable and they all go to college. Course, the 3rd year can be as long as the author wants obviously, but their 2nd year felt short. I felt like there could have been more done before they jump up a grade, but other romance stories with slower pacing are probably throwing me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I think you misread that. Those were the reasons she got together with him, even though he was just putting up a front and pretending to be interested in the same things, which ended up backfiring on him anyways. That and he hosed it up all on his own anyways by isolating himself in his room after he screwed up instead of talking to her like a normal person, so your basic dumbass protagonist.

• Locked thread