Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
New Thread hazzah. Also Hibs getting beat 7-0 ahah, the prospect of Hearts being relegated, still no Gers, another team in Glasgow to go watch, and yes Faddy has come home. Good times.

Seriously worried this might actually be Aberdeen's year, they have decent manager, also St Johnstone beating Rosenberg could be a tough season to clinch 2nd.

Also as usual we sold many a good player, but have made some good signings and Faddy has the quality to single handily replace all Higdons goals.

With McManus seems like a potentially great signing and the continuing home coming of Scottish "talent" I imagine the league will be the most exciting tightest race... well from 2nd to 11th place

Also the whole England vs Scotland game to get over optimistic then depressed about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Rangers are just having one of those weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-23587678

Not sure what is worse, what the Desperate at the time Gers did or the charities roll over and die attitude.

Well at least the Well won our opening game!

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

jre posted:

We'd need St Johnstone and Motherwell to regularly get in to the Europe league group stage to have any impact at all.

Motherwell regularly get two games in Europe a year don't you know!

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Top 5 are gonna make it an interesting league this year. Butcher needs to be given some respect, I'm almost surprised that I'm surprised how well ICT are doing. 2nd place will be good this year and Hearts look good enough to stay up!

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

skirth posted:

Edinburgh is so much nicer than Glasgow it's not even funny tbh

Just stay in the West end and pretend the rest doesn't exist.

Yea Edinburgh wins hands down on looks but I know where I want to be on a night out. Glasgow is friendlier and without the breeze. Though I would still live in Edinburgh. Lets be honest what the 3rd best city in Scotland Dundee, Aberdeen or Inverness? Yea no thanks.(Sorry if you live there)

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Ramagamma posted:

Specifically it was to go to a cricket match. That's how poo poo hibs/hearts are.

Wait,wait. Scotland has a cricket pitch?

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Partick or Murrayfield

What a choice! Celtic should just pick the worst ground to make it horrible for the opposition. My choice is ST Johnston purely because when I was 15 I played there and the home and away changing rooms are the smallest I have ever seen. They are literally 1 meter apart but this may not still be the case.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

jre posted:

Nadir Ciftci could get a 16 game ban :stare:

Yea you can break someone leg for 3 games but touch an official and miss half a season.

Though I once had a player suspended (Argentinian of course) for 6 months in football manager... same thing am I right?

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Victory for the Well! Hazah!

Mr Young is banging on about Butcher for Hibs. Would be a good get for them but why leave Caley who are decent now for Hibs, He already turned down better paying jobs at English teams. Think the dude is an adopted Scot and loves toughing the cold out in Inverness.

Though the way Chick Young is banging on about it makes me thing he knows something or more likely knows nothing.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Well living in CHina I was interested to see this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24806788

Geez Alex Salmond is some kind of wizard 20m for the SPFL, quite the business.

From what I have seen so far China is Basketball / badminton mad but football is next but the Primership is way ahead of La liga or even Bundesliga.

Evrey SPL team needs to sign a Chinese player to cash in now.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

BisonDollah posted:

Fleck turned out a superstar in one version of Football Manager, it was the FM Effect in action.

There is a great book called football manager ruined my life (think that's the title). They have an interview with the guy who did all the Scottish players stats back in the day. He gave one player like an 19 out of 20 for potential ability and he turns into the Messi of the game (think it was Don Howie or something like that?).

After it turned out he was poo poo the guy said he never gave any Scottish player more than an 12 or something.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Can any United fans tell me how good their young players are? Ryan Guald and Souttar get mentioned a lot but not seen much of either yet, because I like speninding my time watching good football leagues and eh Motherwell!

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Ramagamma posted:

If you aren't going to give that, might as well not bother playing the game and just award Celtic a win.

Ha rubbish. I wouldn't give that. He could have stayed up but looks like he thought well gently caress it, I got a bit of contact so i'll go down oh I also managed to jab my right foot into the ground and it kind of looks like a I hosed it up planting my right toes right into the ground as well. If he could have gone down normally a trait most normal football players seem unable to do and must exaggerate everything he might of got it as there was some contact.

Ever notice a player rolling around gets back up in like 5 seconds compared to a player who is hurt just stays still tying to protect his injury!

Also likely chance of missing the penalty cause Hibs are poo poo.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Haggis Heed posted:

Well, that's completely wrong. Go read a rule book.

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits
any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the
referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
• trips or attempts to trip an opponent
• jumps at an opponent
• charges an opponent
• strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
• pushes an opponent
• tackles an opponent

*Also spitting handling and holding onto players is also a penalty in the box

And here it is! Its totally up to the ref. But we all know its not really followed think of corner kicks.

Well I guess Technically you're right I guess, though exactly what the difference between kick and a tap on your shin is up for debate. Surprised to tackles an opponent on it (two footed lunge/tackle from behind falls under that).

But overall Refs don't put it quite into strict force which is a good thing to me! Sure they screw up plenty. But lets not be honest as if a penalty kick was gonna change much. Only when Motherwell get denied penalties is it a travesty / old firm conspiracy!!!

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

I wonder if there is any relationship between declining Glasgow crowds and the rise of ICW?

Wish I was back in Glasgow to go see it.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

James R posted:

Guess who's training with NewCo FC..

Sure I heard Stuart McCall saying he wanted to sign him, think he has been training at Murrayfield for a while? Rangers already have a decent SPL keeper. SHould come to the Well Randolph and Ruddy did well and went onto to bigger and better. But that is of course assuming Gordon values playing time in the best Scottish division. Nicky Law looking at you!!!

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

northward posted:

Nobody cares who comes second

More interesting than who came first or lower league football!

Relegation firght this year is just as good though. Not in quality of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

loving LOL at Aberdeen. GET IT UP YOU

Forever this! ANother 2 games in Europe woo woo

• Locked thread