Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Barehanded Brother posted:

well then time to bring in the yank Celtic love then :D

e: that's me, by the way

I'm sorry, the League of Ireland thread is over there.

I'm also a Yank Celtic plastic, but someone had to make the joke. Plus I would have linked the LoI thread but I'm on my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

jre posted:

I still have nightmares about Thierry Henry owning Caldwell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az9Ef9IyiN4

All that video did was remind me how much I miss the two ballboys on their little plastic stools behind the goals at Parkhead, going mental after goals with the full knowledge that they're on TV.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

jre posted:

It's going to be their year in 2026

In weird news Rangers appear to have stopped selling season tickets out of embarrassment.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/tickets

All this does is give me an excuse to repost this cracker:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Today in Rangers: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/aug/19/ian-black-accused-betting-sfa

Teh Grauniad posted:

The Rangers midfielder Ian Black has been accused of betting against his own team three times. The former Hearts and Inverness player has received a Scottish Football Association notice of complaint that alleges he bet against his "then-registered club" three times between 4 March 2006 and 28 July 2013.

Black has also been charged with breaching the SFA's disciplinary rule 22 by "betting on a further 10 football matches that involved then-registered club" and "betting on a further 147 football matches".

It is not known which or how many of the three clubs Black is accused of betting against. It is understood that the charges in general encompass his spells at each of his last three clubs – Inverness, Hearts and Rangers.

[...]

On the first date mentioned, Black played 90 minutes for Inverness in a 1-0 home defeat by Motherwell, which cut Caley Thistle's lead over the Lanarkshire side to three points in the race for a top-six place in the Scottish Premier League. The final date in question saw the 28-year-old score in a 4-0 Ramsdens Cup victory for Rangers against Albion Rovers.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Coohoolin posted:

It's because we're too busy going to games and yelling at each other in pubs, unlike you stayathome EPL plastics.

More like Scottish football doesn't fully get the concept of the #banterzone

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

jre posted:

Yesterday he was accusing the ref of calling off the St Mirren game so he could get another fee.

I'm tempted to post this clip of Chick Young being right about something for once.

Naturally, it's from Only an Excuse?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPE-OxBcrsU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

So that's that, then: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/09/celtic-suspends-green-brigade-fans-motherwell

Teh Grauniad posted:

A Celtic spokesman said: "Following events on Friday evening at Fir Park Stadium, Celtic Football Club today announced that it has issued precautionary suspensions against 128 individuals preventing them attending matches involving Celtic, pending further investigation. These suspensions will cover matches at Celtic Park and away matches.
[...]
The Green Brigade released a statement on Sunday insisting that its members were not responsible for the damage but also admitting it should have been more effective in self-policing the section at Fir Park. Celtic have already given the ultras group one reprieve this year after reversing a decision to shut down section 111 following complaints about safety breaches back in August.

Meanwhile Uefa has opened disciplinary proceedings against the club after the Green Brigade unfurled a banner depicting the IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands and Scottish warrior William Wallace during last month's Champions League fixture with Milan.

Personally while I enjoyed some of what the GB did from my vantage point as a Yank plastic (the "YOUR DAY IS COMING" display, the fact that they were loud no matter what, some of their politics) I think that they had become too big for their own good (and they've as much admitted this recently in their press releases) and used up all their good will with the bangers during CL qualifying/that odd "TERRORIST OR THE DREAMER" banner/this whole Motherwell incident.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Borogrove posted:

Teemu Pukki scored the winner. Hibs are poo poo.

And thus, Pukki avoids the fans' inevitable comparisons of him to Harald Brattbakk for another week.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

jre posted:

Brattbakk scored 5 against Kilmarnock, he suffered from us playing completely the wrong system for him, and playing alongside Larson. He also scored the goal that ensured we stopped Rangers doing 10 in a row.

Hibs are mediocre

Pukki's also had some legit bad luck this year in front of goal, and has done a good job setting up chances. It's just that every time Celtic buys a Scandinavian striker, he's either the heir to Larsson or Brattbakk according to the average bampots, with no middle ground in between.

Also, you're correct in stating that Hibs are mediocre, seeing as "not being in financial distress" is one thing that is very much not shite.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Here, have the only good part of this year's Only an Excuse?, and apologies for the bad quality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKNISaYLq48

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Chas McGill posted:

Nothing wrong with flares in football stadiums imo. There ought to be more. Liven things up a wee bit.

It's one of the reasons why Serie A is so great (along with Tiziano Crudeli, absurd strikers, mental chairman--in a good way, and teams still having real personality).

Also, as an American I can categorically say that I do not write OaE?: I was apologizing for the bad quality of the youtube clip.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Jose posted:

I think it'll take a few times of Rangers being reformed before their supporters get it. They still think their club have won anything important

Look at this person that disrespects the long history and great tradition of the Ramsdens Cup.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

vaginal culture posted:

I am glad this thread is alive again, let us not forget Hibs are poo poo

And all it took was a guy from Ticino acting like he's from Aberdeen to get it going again.

That and the usual Sevco-baitery (never forget that they're asking for more money for next year, as they're competing against-gasp!-full-time teams)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

James R posted:

NewCo as the new Gretna, anyone?

Up through the leagues spending beyond their means and boom, gone.

Unless their sugar daddy up and dies, forcing them to go bust again, they're not quite Gretna.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Jose posted:

This seems fairly accurate for NewCo

I'd certainly prefer a dying man funding my club than a glib and shameless liar (not my words, the words of a South African court)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Jose posted:

In all seriousness though, how many times to Rangers need to die before their supporters accept the new club haven't won anything?

Not enough times.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

James R posted:

They don't need to get to the SPL to go bankrupt trying to outspend everyone! McCoist was picking up a salary of £825,000 until January when he agreed to cut it by half. Losing money every month hand over fist and it took until January of 2014 for McCoist to cut his wage. He's still on £400,000-ish though right enough.. how many managers in Scotland are on that money, let alone at a non SPL side?!

The only two that I think could touch him are Strachan (who obviously isn't at a SPL side) and Lennon (and even he has to sell calendars to make some extra pocket change)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

jre posted:

Footage of the goals

1-0 Armstrong
http://tinypic.com/r/bi89rt/8

2-0 Mackay-Steven
http://tinypic.com/r/2a3pn6/8

Ally Must Stay.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Coohoolin posted:

BBC saying Neil Lennon is leaving Celtic. On his way to Norwich?

Current rumors are that his replacement will be either Malky Mackay (who I would prefer, as I've always wanted a Celtic manager that will occasionally cancel training to teach his players how to do things like cook chicken Milanese, change their own oil and set a budget--maybe he can put some of the foreign players in burger vans to learn English, Petrov-style), Owen Coyle, or a Celtic man looking to rehab his managerial prestige/playing style after a disastrous spell down South. That man of course is...

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Semprini posted:

Bookies have Larsson as favourite.

Good news, everyone: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27545737

(Also, a certain poo poo club went and won the away leg of their pro/rel playoff 0-2.)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

SuperHunBastard1690 posted:

Can we get bazza, marvin andrews and peter lovenkrands back too? :allears:

You're going to get Filip Sebo and Lionel Letizi and you will like it

Also various sources are saying that Ronny Deila (currently at Stefan Johansen's old club Strømgodset, whom he has taken from the middle of the Norwegian 2nd tier to Tippeligaen champs in five years time) is all set to become the next Celtic manager, pending final agreements on terms. (A few internet bampots are speculating that the delay in signing on the dotted line is because Tore Andre Flo's brother Jostein is the DoF of Godset, but that's just crazy talk.) Those in the know (read: resident Norges such as euroboy) say that he's a great judge of talent that got consistent results playing good football on a shoestring budget, which thus makes him perfect for Celtic.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

euroboy posted:

On another note, I would probably win the league if I managed Celtic so I guess they're interested because of all his other philosophies like developing young players and smart tactics and doing really well while operating on a fairly small budget.

Hell, most of us could win the league with Celtic, but I was making a reference to the long reputation the Celtic board has as colossal tightwads. He's really a dream candidate for both the supporters AND Peter Lawwell et al.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

Are Celtic fans discussing the results of the big tax case somewhere else or is this the thread for it?

The finances thread would likely be a good place for it, but most Celtic fans are too busy discussing summer signings and wondering how the club will look under Deila to worry about the affairs of some diddy club that's only been around for two years.

• Locked thread