Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

This may be a dumb question, but I figured I'd mention it since this thread now exists.

I recently got some gear together for a lab. (I don't know if I will ever even take the CCNA exams, but I enjoy playing around).

I have 2x2950 switches and 2x1760 routers. I bought these all used from Amazon Marketplace.

They all currently have ios loaded on them, and I'm worried about losing that.

Does it make sense to set up a tftp server on a local machine and back up the ios images before I do anything else?

(Or is this not really an issue and should I not really worry about losing my ios images?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

psydude posted:

In order to lose the IOS images you'd have to physically damage the equipment.

Ahh okay. I thought that might be the case, but I figured I'd ask. I wasn't sure if they could become easily corrupted or anything.
(Being an Enterprise Windows admin will do that to you ;))

Thanks for the help!

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

smokmnky posted:

If you are running windows you can always use http://tftpd32.jounin.net/ for a super easy tftp server. We use it a work to push IOS updates to some of our older switches. Super easy, just double click an exe and go. Close out the program when you're done

awesome! Thanks for the tip

• Locked thread