Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World z0r Z
May 26, 2013

my lab... pic sucks.

from top down

Juniper SA-2500 SSLVPN
Palo Alto PA-200 firewall
Juniper SRX210
Juniper SRX210
Avocent ACS6016 console server
Cisco 3750 Switch
Cisco 3550 Switch
Cisco 3550 Switch
power strip
Cisco 3650 Switch
Juniper J4300 Router
Cisco 3845 ISR Router
Juniper J6300 Router
Cisco 2811 ISR router with NAM
Juniper M7i router
HP DL360 G7 with 8 1G NICS for Vsphere

I'm an ex-WAN guy (for now) so my lab was mostly WAN-centric until I added SSLVPN, firewalls and VSphere this year after phasing out all my 2500 and 2600 devices. The M7i is logically split into 16 routers using "logical systems" which is similar to Nexus VDC. So that is my "WAN" - everything else breaks out into remote sites off the WAN. Call manager express on the 2811 and Call manager on a VM in VSphere for some 7960's I also have. I typically don't have this whole rack turned on at once. I only configure what I want to train on: WAN, LAN, VOIP, firewalls, ESX and server related tech, etc. For quick IOS L3 stuff I fire up a Cisco IOU VM and build things virtually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World z0r Z
May 26, 2013

For what it's worth the G7 and up HP proliant 2U boxes like a DL380 are really really quiet for what they are. They might spin up for 5 seconds on boot but they are no noisier than a video card playing games.

• Locked thread