Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
"How can we make elderly people feel more at ease with computers?"

"I know! Have them navigate a maze that is on fire while avoiding young people that are trying to beat them up. Also put talking fruit in there."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Huh, the comparison my friend made was that Schmorky was a living stuffed animal and it was a Ted scenario.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.
What astounds me is that the typing game had an "artist". How bad was the art of the programmer that they got someone else to do that art?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

What astounds me is that the typing game had an "artist". How bad was the art of the programmer that they got someone else to do that art?

By the credits I'm guessing it was made by a group of children as a school project or something

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

He actually really enjoyed doing the LP and is looking forward to doing more of them.

This brings me joy and I endorse more Mike Nelson involvement.

Also holy poo poo these games.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkay... SCP Containment Breach is coming up next.............. ugh

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I like to imagine that the coutry song was actually titled "Jared Song" and it was written by "The Brain". Especially if this was made by a group of schoolchildren, since that means there's a smart kid in the class whose name nobody actually knows.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

Lowtax posted:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkay... SCP Containment Breech is coming up next.............. ugh

You poor bastard.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Kelsing posted:

You poor bastard.
We gave up trying to get by Poopie Bloody Baby in Jail and quit.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Next step: Scarecam of Mike Nelson playing the original Slender.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

steinrokkan posted:

Next step: Scarecam of Mike Nelson playing the original Slender.

I think "ConfusedCam" would be more fitting.

Or "FuckThisWorldCam".

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I think all the B-horror he's seen over the years has adequately prepared him for the psychological gauntlet that is Slender.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
SCP: Containment Breach!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EK1WXL48uI

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Man that blinking sure is annoying spooky.

Googled the game to see if there was more to it and turns out it's a whole survival horror game. There's even a wiki and a bunch of mods, my favorite is Meme Breach

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
That stupid loving thing is considered terrifying among SCP fans and I will never know why. It's basically one of the weeping angels from Doctor Who, except it looks dumb as hell and it just hits you or something.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

NoUU posted:

Man that blinking sure is annoying spooky.

Googled the game to see if there was more to it and turns out it's a whole survival horror game. There's even a wiki and a bunch of mods, my favorite is Meme Breach
Yeah, it pretty much had the same type of fan community reaction as Slenderman, in terms of people making a bunch of half-assed games that take place in its world.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

0:09 HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
Is shmorky a muppet???

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

So if a poopie baby kills you if you don't look at it, then why don't you just alternate eye blinks?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Combat Lobster posted:

So if a poopie baby kills you if you don't look at it, then why don't you just alternate eye blinks?

Because blinking is ultimately an involuntary action and sooner or later, you will end up blinking.

The trick is since it attacks you when you stop looking at it, never START looking at it. Never download the game. Never play it. Never put up with its dumb bullshit and pretend it's scary and record yourself playing it with a loving facecam while talking like a mentally challenged person to get millions of views and subscribers. That's how you win at the game, and at life.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Combat Lobster posted:

It's humanly impossible to do that, as evidenced in Blink.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Combat Lobster posted:

I always love seeing your avatar.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

gobbledygoat posted:

Is shmorky a muppet???

For some reason whenever I think of Lowtax and Schmorky, I imagine them as Sam & Max.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Lowtax posted:

I always love seeing your avatar.

Me too.

Well whatever, I should learn more about blinking from fruit.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 28, 2013

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

This game is so spooky that it starts to create its own mysteries. SCP - 12432145 - The unfinished Youtube comment :iiam:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The worst thing about SCP:STD is that so many goons apparently eat that poo poo up, if GB is any indication.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

Combat Lobster posted:

Me too.

My god. I've figured out the mythos.

Good Elderly is a prequel to SCP Containment Breach. It all makes sense now.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

The worst thing about SCP:STD is that so many goons apparently eat that poo poo up, if GB is any indication.

Eh, some of the entries on the wiki make for good reading. I mean, a lot of it is also trash garbage, and this game is absolute poo poo, but every once in a while there's something kind of neat on there.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I actually liked the entry on Poopie Baby Blinky when I first read about it, but then I learned it was some kind of sculpture by a Japanese artist and the artist's actual artwork was more interesting than the SCP site. I didn't bother reading any of the others.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZv_kubrD1E

Lowtax, this Swedish man is trying to steal your Dontrel the Dolphin spotlight!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://scpcontainmentbreach.wikia.com/wiki/SCP%3A_Nigga_Breach

Yup, I'm sure the community is completely sane.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Combat Lobster posted:

Me too.

Please tell me you shopped this, otherwise it would be very creepy and we have another case for SCP

:eyepop:

Racism and Homestuck in one package? Thank you, internet! But please tell me, what the hell is wrong with almost everybody on you?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

gobbledygoat posted:

Is shmorky a muppet???

His laugh is adorable, like a living cartoon :3:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

Well, it depends on what poo poo is being eaten up that you're taking issue with. People enjoying reading a site that catalogs occult-related things like some sort of Snopes/TVTropes hybrid doesn't seem THAT terrible to me, but maybe I have the wrong idea on what the SCP website actually is.

Now, people going absolutely bonkers over this game and making a meme out of poopie baby monster like they have Slenderman? That I can say is hypothetically terrible, but I've never seen anything like that around here.

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

I don't know about you, but I've personally been waiting for a long time for something to play which satisfies my cravings for racism, cartoon references, and BBW hentai all at once.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

I'm glad there is a place to contain all those things and that rappers are in charge because they will take no guff from homestucks.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I actually enjoy some of the work on SCP. The one about the mirrors is legitimately pretty clever and there are a few other nice ones. But, stuff like the statue or the unkillable lizard? Boring and rather trite. Literally the only reason the statue gets that much love/worship/whatever is that it was the first SCP, so it basically got turned into their equivalent to God by default.

This post has far too much :spergin: in it, seriously.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

There's a wiki for a fan-game based on a wiki of short stories? Wow.

The site proper is here. It has plenty of stupid poo poo and drama but at it doesn't have racist homestucks.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I could happily rant about SCP for a while, but instead I'm just going to say that I really enjoyed Lowtax's LP of the game. Actually that goes for all of these. Lowtax and Shmorky (and Mike Nelson) have a really good feel for exactly how long a game can last without wearing out its welcome or feeling incomplete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Tin Tim posted:

Please tell me you shopped this, otherwise it would be very creepy and we have another case for SCP

:eyepop:
It's from the LP of "Good Elderly"

• Locked thread