Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Apparently even with all the recommended settings applied in the tech launcher and to java's runtime options, everything but vanilla minecraft is unplayable.
I used to be able to at least play Tekkit lite, but now no dice to even that. My computers been formatted and started up again a few times since I last played.
Then again, it's also running pretty noisy with just firefox now.
Should I be talking to the haus of tech support about a possible problem with my system? Is there any option that might make things work? Or should I be looking into getting a new system soon?

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I have the same problem, things used to run fine, then after 1.4 ish I can't run anything to save my life.

Wish I had some answers for you.

Are you getting error messages, or is it bad performance once you start the game? If there are errors, those should be easy to identify. If not, you can go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information, choose File > Export, and link a pastebin of the exported file, and somebody here can probably eyeball any obvious weak points or bottlenecks in your system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So in Tinkers Construct, oreberry bushes don't grow, do they? Normal berry bushes grow new segments over time, but I don't think oreberry bushes do. I've been spacing them out in case they bud out but nothing yet so I'm assuming they can't.
Also, if anyone knows the specifics of how light inhibits them, that information would be super helpful.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
So, while tinkering with Hexxit and googling Millinaire, i found a mod.

http://satscape.wordpress.com/sim-u-kraft/

Edit: Another link http://sim-u-kraft.wikispaces.com/Sim-U-Home

Its interesting, i've yet to find any shithole heap that drags it down into obscurity, the pathing is decent and the npc's simply teleport after awhile if they really cant reach it. Plus there is some cross-building interactions and some lines of supply. I've not played that much of it but it seems to have potential.

Gonna try playing some of it legit, right after i finish skyrim. :v:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 31, 2013

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

So in Tinkers Construct, oreberry bushes don't grow, do they? Normal berry bushes grow new segments over time, but I don't think oreberry bushes do. I've been spacing them out in case they bud out but nothing yet so I'm assuming they can't.
Also, if anyone knows the specifics of how light inhibits them, that information would be super helpful.

Are they in a dark area on smooth stone?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Are they in a dark area on smooth stone?
Yes. They grow to maturity (and so do the ones on dirt), but they don't grow whole new bush blocks. Are they supposed to?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

Yes. They grow to maturity (and so do the ones on dirt), but they don't grow whole new bush blocks. Are they supposed to?

Ah I misunderstood. Yeah I don't think they bud off; they just make berries.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

straw man posted:

Are you getting error messages, or is it bad performance once you start the game? If there are errors, those should be easy to identify. If not, you can go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information, choose File > Export, and link a pastebin of the exported file, and somebody here can probably eyeball any obvious weak points or bottlenecks in your system.

Thats just it, there are no errors. All of a sudden it takes forever for minecraft to open, and then the entire game just chugs along, slow as mud.

I've reinstalled Java, reinstalled mods, reinstalled every launcher and .technic folder, defraged, allowcated and checked ram, increased permagen size, updated drivers, etc. It just happened when the switch from 1.25 to present. I can honestly barely play.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I run a modified Toast server, and we're looking to populate it with like 5-8 people. It's just a friendly, no PvP (PvP is enabled, but actually killing people for no reason is frowned upon) server. We want to get some more people and start a fresh map. PM me if you're interested in joining.

It's based off of Toast 4.1.2

If you don't have PMs, I'm on IRC, same name as here, just PM me there or say hi in #toast

I didn't think this was worth a post in PGS because we're just looking for a small group of people, and it's not named anything fancy. Let me know if this doesn't belong here.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 1, 2013

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I just spent an hour or so finding the 1.6.x versions of the mods my server will use and now I want to make a modpack for technic .. how does that work in 1.6? I can't find any instructions on how to use technic and 1.6. :(

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Shadowmorn posted:

So, while tinkering with Hexxit and googling Millinaire, i found a mod.

http://satscape.wordpress.com/sim-u-kraft/

Edit: Another link http://sim-u-kraft.wikispaces.com/Sim-U-Home

Its interesting, i've yet to find any shithole heap that drags it down into obscurity, the pathing is decent and the npc's simply teleport after awhile if they really cant reach it. Plus there is some cross-building interactions and some lines of supply. I've not played that much of it but it seems to have potential.

Gonna try playing some of it legit, right after i finish skyrim. :v:

Why the gently caress do those npc's have tits?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

And cleavage

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Short answer: because they're girls.

Long answer: when designing the models for a species that has "male" and "female" forms, the easiest way to create a visual distinction between the two "genders" in a way you know 100% of the audience will immediately recognize is by introducing the presence or absence of breasts.

Medium answer: as long as the mod author doesn't seem outwardly pervy and there's no jiggle physics, I'm not too concerned about it.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 1, 2013

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

fondue posted:

I just spent an hour or so finding the 1.6.x versions of the mods my server will use and now I want to make a modpack for technic .. how does that work in 1.6? I can't find any instructions on how to use technic and 1.6. :(

Unfortunately the launchers aren't quite ready for 1.6 modpacks yet. The way Forge is set up and Minecraft is launched are completely different with 1.6 now, so they still need a bit of time to catch up.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Halibut Barn posted:

Unfortunately the launchers aren't quite ready for 1.6 modpacks yet. The way Forge is set up and Minecraft is launched are completely different with 1.6 now, so they still need a bit of time to catch up.

I understand; I can fart around with a bare forge install to get things sorted out in the meantime, thanks!

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

dijon du jour posted:

Short answer: because they're girls.

Long answer: when designing the models for a species that has "male" and "female" forms, the easiest way to create a visual distinction between the two "genders" in a way you know 100% of the audience will immediately recognize is by introducing the presence or absence of breasts.

Medium answer: as long as the mod author doesn't seem outwardly pervy and there's no jiggle physics, I'm not too concerned about it.

You will be able to get e-married to your favorite sim and her bolt ons in that mod. I'd say the mod is getting there on the creepy quotient.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

dijon du jour posted:

:golfclap: Well put. Not going to lie tho, it makes the models look loving terrible. It might have some reasoning found in that people raise children (according to the webpage, not that far into it currently) but Millinaire manages that without distorting the MC player skin that horribly.

You will be able to get e-married to your favorite sim and her bolt ons in that mod. I'd say the mod is getting there on the creepy quotient.

Nope. You cant marry them, they mingle with each other. You're just the rear end in a top hat boss/landlord. Collecting rent and paying them for their contribution to your blocks. Edit2: Well gently caress, KoL has ruined everything by reading, how dare he.

Edit: having said this, Millinaire really is the way to go with this poo poo, because its just, too, weird.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Aug 1, 2013

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Massively wordy post re:Sky Den/Sea Den development ahead.
I watched a lot of the new LPs popping up lately in the wake of CaptainSparklez doing his Sky Den LP, and there's a lot of issues that have become a lot more glaring. I'm really torn on some design decisions in Sea Den so I thought I'd come to you guys.

There are a few major things I noticed:

* A lot of people skip through the text and dialog. The very important "Read Me First" book was skipped by some, but I can appreciate that those who read it were annoyed at how long it was. But even the people who are normally good about reading the text seem to skip the "quest completion" text, which usually gives some hint of what to do next. Because a lot of the quest text has guides like this on where to proceed, a lot of people ended up stuck and confused. Similarly, a lot of people skim through NPC actions entirely, rather than doing what I assumed they would, which is exhausting the dialog options -- choosing everything at least once. Even when it was established that talking to an NPC more than once was often necessary, people would ignore them. CaptainSparklez himself was stuck for several episodes because he simply didn't accept the quests that would give him farming resources.
From what I've seen, a huge number of people barely read anything. They skip through the dialog and all they look at is the quest summary which tells you how many items you need.

* A lot of people don't read or don't follow the rules. Even the people who read the rules out loud at the start will wonder aloud as they play "I'm allowed to take those jack-o-lanterns, right?" Or they'll read "don't break sequence", then take lava out of the cobblestone generator while staring directly at a sign that says "do not disassemble" so they can ignite wood they've stacked around the portal to ignite it without getting the flint and steel.
Regarding cheaters: I could either use the honor system, or build the whole world out of bedrock. No matter how carefully I balance this, no matter how many anti-cheat systems I were to use, if someone wanted to cheat, they'd find a way. Hell, it's as easy as using NEI or going into creative mode or even playing on peaceful. So both Sky Den and Sea Den are built trusting people will follow the rules. This is more a concern of people who break rules without thinking they're breaking rules, not about people who cheat intentionally.

* A lot of people get lost. Sometimes they're not familiar with the features added in mods, or sometimes it's resources in the vanilla game they don't understand. For instance, more than half the LPs I saw had people just ignore the mooshroom, which was supposed to be an infinite source of food, because they just don't know you can milk it. Or maybe they didn't know that you can grow mushrooms on mycelium, and even bonemeal them. Other people took hours building a cow farm because they didn't know Rotten Flesh to Leather was installed. The problem here is that because of the nature of the game, people don't know they don't know. If there was a book called "How to use Mooshrooms" next to the Mooshroom I feel like most people would just dump it, assuming it's just going to tell them what they already know. I don't want to resort to spam e-mail style titles like "One CRAZY Tip You Don't Know About Mooshrooms!"

I think the best option right now is an in-game Tutorial that covers the basics of how the map works and what's expected, plus how to use the main mods (like NPCs). The thing is it's easy to get too minute in the detail, explaining every facet of the interface, and generating way too much text even when I try to keep it brief. And when there's too much text, especially explaining small stuff that people already understand, it feels patronizing and gets boring. It makes people think they already know what's being said so it only encourages them to start skipping the text and dialog, so that when they reach the important stuff they didn't know yet they'll already be in the "okay let me just play already" mindset. But watching the LPs I realized that even the most basic feature shouldn't be taken for granted, as interpreting the quest window was trial and error for a lot of people -- and some didn't even realize it was there, or remember to check it.
I need to strike a really precarious balance in explaining things just enough and if anyone's got any insight, I could use an outside opinion. Writing the text, I'm too close to it myself, and as you can tell from this post I get very wordy and off-point sometimes. So just let me know what you guys think. I want to figure out a way to integrate all this information without just throwing a 20-page book at the player and saying "READ IT", only to be forgotten a minute later.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Shadowmorn posted:

:golfclap: Well put. Not going to lie tho, it makes the models look loving terrible. It might have some reasoning found in that people raise children (according to the webpage, not that far into it currently) but Millinaire manages that without distorting the MC player skin that horribly.

Nope. You cant marry them, they mingle with each other. You're just the rear end in a top hat boss/landlord. Collecting rent and paying them for their contribution to your blocks.

Edit: having said this, Millinaire really is the way to go with this poo poo, because its just, too, weird.

http://sim-u-kraft.wikispaces.com/Sim-U-Kraft+FAQ posted:

Q: How do I marry folks and have children?
A: That feature is not yet added, Folks should move in with each other randomly, but so far, that's it, more coming soon!

I said you will be able to, not that you can. I know reading is hard, but seriously at least try.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

http://sim-u-kraft.wikispaces.com/Sim-U-Kraft+FAQ posted:

Q: How do I marry folks and have children?
A: That feature is not yet added, Folks should move in with each other randomly, but so far, that's it, more coming soon!

Well that's just dumb. You're essentially marrying a random number generator.

Regardless, I think I'm going to stick with Millinaire for my village building needs.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

I'd like to point out here that the NPC with tits in that screenshot is using a Lara Croft model.

Yyyyyyep.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I mean, millinaire has tits. They're not pronounced cubes with a cleavage between them, and that makes a pretty big difference in the skeezy factor.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Vib Rib posted:

Non-readin'

The first thing I would note is that you're getting your worries from the sort of people who made low-effort copycat LPs because a youtube superstar did it. If you want to design your map to be more accessible to that demographic, then that's up to you, but I didn't mind spending the 30 piddly seconds it took to read every book and talk to everyone, and I didn't ever get lost. The same goes for people not noticing aspects of the interface. Unless you're designing the mods for your map yourself, you don't have control over things like the interface anyway, so just roll with it. In general youtube-superstars are too lazy to do post commentary or even basic video editing, so they are encountering the map blind, recording the thing, and simultaneously trying desperately to fill every spare second with an endless stream of words, since a second without them talking is clearly a second wasted. Their attention is split three ways, but your average player will be giving your map much more attention.

I certainly wouldn't worry about things that are minecraft mechanics, your map isn't a tutorial to vanilla minecraft, I wouldn't play it if it was. The very nature of the map is to force the player to leverage as many tricks and loopholes to get around the heavily resource-restricted empty world. As for little things like the rotten flesh-to-leather mod, I could see how it would be easy to overlook that sort of thing, so you might want to have it mentioned somewhere, but if I were you I certainly wouldn't try to explain all the details of any larger mods like Minefactory Reloaded that you might include (and I hope you do include!).

As far as signs saying "do not disassemble", I would rather the map design itself make things impossible rather than rely on players restricting themselves. Encase the cobblestone generator lava in obsidian or something unbreakable, so the player can't bucket the source blocks before you're ready for them to get lava buckets. I know not every challenge can be forced like this, but it's the best option if you can manage it. Also I wouldn't get too worked up over someone coming up with a lateral solution to complete one of your challenges early. I like it when games don't clamp down so hard there's only one possible way to do things.

I like the map a lot, and you've already said you're aware of the biggest problems with it: too much time farming, not enough time building or exploring neat stuff, but the basic idea is great, and even the farming isn't really BAD since it gives me time to pretty the place up.

tl:dr - don't stress about boneheads

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Yeah, I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're looking at probably the worst lowest common denominator demographic, and worrying that they aren't putting in time or effort. I've watched a couple of those LPs too (I forgot that bone meal makes grass/flowers grow, and thought I missed a quest.) These were people who thought a cactus needed water, and didn't realize a pumpkin and a jack o'lantern are different.

People play challenge maps to be challenged, especially sky block, and your map is already fairly forgiving and friendly. Which is fine, of every map needs to be a Super Hostile spawner orgy, but a certain point people need to use their skills, use their brains, and use Google. I wouldn't worry about it.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Whoa hold up, you CAN use a 2x2 jungle tree setup? I thought it was disabled ever since I first tried and couldn't get bonemeal to make it grow. What am I missing? Does bonemeal just not work on the 2x2 setup?

Also I wouldn't mind like an optional teleport to a tutorial zone (with a big old warning beforehand that your inventory will be wiped/restored on teleport, if that's possible) for some of the more obscure mechanics - I just figured the mooshroom was for breeding and never even let it out of its cage, because I had so many carrots for food (and now bread).

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago

Garfu posted:

I run a modified Toast server.

Just wondering what modifications you have made to your sever what have you added / removed or changed?

Out of interest, Redstone in Motion is now in the latest Toast :)

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

I said you will be able to, not that you can. I know reading is hard, but seriously at least try.

Gods drat it man you know i dont read, im english!

Yeah this mod just veered into creepy. I actually like it enough to want to tell tell the guy to not be such a goon, in a polite way. Maybe it'll even work! :unsmith: Using facebook as a gathering ground for feedback is loving terrible.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 1, 2013

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago

I don't do mod updates here any more as there is twitter and PGS threads etc, but.

If anyone has updated to Toast 4.2.1 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update to 4.2.2. Fluid Mechanics is the destroyer of worlds and has been removed!

Sorry for any problems caused by this.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

You're going to run in to this problem no matter what you do. A large amount of people just do not read manuals, tutorials, guides or instructions. Whether it's people throwing together an IKEA bookshelf ("I don't need to read manuals. :smug: Wait, what's this extra screw used for?"), gamers not paying attention to dialogue or tutorials or any other example, all you can do is provide the information so if someone comes to you and asks how to do something you can point them to the explanation and let them know it's right there, they just need to read it.

For an example, years ago my Dad took our family to a Superbowl party, and a bunch of us kids went and played the N64 on their other TV. We were playing a new file on Donkey Kong 64 and got to the point where you get the Coconut Shooter. The kid who owned the game piped up, "Even though we've got it, we can't use it yet. We don't know how to." Funnily enough it says right when you get the item the buttons needed to use weapons, and I just happened to catch them as the kid mashed buttons through it. I was the Cool Kid with the controller for the most of the night after that.

Sure, we were a bunch of stupid kids then, but this attitude rarely disappears with age. In the old Xenoblade LP thread Lethemonster both showed off mechanics that other people hadn't known about and found out about mechanics from other posters in the thread, most of which were mentioned, if not completely explained, in the mandatory 1-4 page tutorial pop-ups that pause the game until you've gone through all of the pages. There's hundreds of millions of other examples abound across the internet, and I know I'm guilty of doing it too. You can't ever prevent it without physically being next to the person, so the best you're going to be able to do is make sure it's available to the players so it's up to them to read or ignore at their own peril.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Vib Rib posted:

Oreberry bushes don't bud off, so the best thing to do with them is hollow out a little cave, put in glass flooring, and cover the walls/ceilings with delicious oreberries. For bonus points, add a piston door and powered underfloor lighting when the door is open.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I've built a little triple 5x5 cow farming room using Minefactory Reloaded (adults with breeder/chrono feeding to baby room with chrono feeding to grinder room) but I'm being plagued by something I presume is a vanilla mechanic. After a while the number of cows in the opening room gets to the point where it's just solid beef and they are squeezing through the wall cracks to wander around the rest of the build looking confused.

I can only presume it's vanilla MC spawning extra cows for me because there's some already there without the intermediate baby cow step, is there any way to prevent that? Or if I'm completely wrong and it's a known mechanic from something, how to calm it down? Even hosted on a server its turning my craptop client into an unrunnable mess within a short period of time.

Edit: Literally in the time I typed this post the 2 cows I had left alive in the opening room is back up to 6 cows already. I could sell the secret of cow multiplication to Maccy D's for zillions if I knew what it was!

Setting up a 9x9 tree planter/harvester and switching it on still holds the record for closest to setting my laptop on fire though, it was seconds per frame until I got that switched off in a hurry :v:

Fazana fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 1, 2013

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Ender Ore is the worst thing because every time a god drat enderman spawns I have a loving heart attack. :negative:

So, I'm on Garfu's modified Toast server and I can't craft copper wire for some reason. The recipe exists but when I try to take the item from the crafting window it snaps back into place. I wanted to make a batt box but I was told they are broken.

This makes me really sad because I was hoping to try eschewing TE's power entirely this time, and maybe BC as well and focus on using Mekanism/AE (well, except for making flint). I'm under the impression that Mekanism won't really work without batt boxes. What is a good power alternative since I can't make copper wire/batt boxes?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 1, 2013

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Thanks for the reality check, folks.

I guess I just got so worried about dumbing things down for the type of people who'd skip that stuff that I got preoccupied thinking they were the target audience. But they're everywhere and there's probably nothing I could do to stop them. No matter how simple I made it they'd end up blasting through it one way or another, so best to just build for people who'll actually appreciate the map. Like you guys said, those are the people who I should be building this map for. It is a challenge map after all.

Mzbundifund posted:

As far as signs saying "do not disassemble", I would rather the map design itself make things impossible rather than rely on players restricting themselves. Encase the cobblestone generator lava in obsidian or something unbreakable, so the player can't bucket the source blocks before you're ready for them to get lava buckets. I know not every challenge can be forced like this, but it's the best option if you can manage it.
See, this is the other major issue I was touching on.
Just like there will be people who will always skip the text, there will always be people who do things they're not supposed to. The progress of Sea Den is going to be even more complex than Sky Den, in that there are going to be more options and means of gathering resources. There'll be new features and a very different fundamental layout. There are so many nuances that trying to "force" every stipulation would either be impossible, or take up more time than any other part of the map. No matter how hard I try to close loopholes or possible exploits, people will find a way through it. No amount of anti-cheat will ever stop someone who wants to break the rules. Even covering it in obsidian wouldn't stop everyone, because you can break obsidian even with your bare hands. It would have to be bedrock. And once you get to that point, you're covering the whole world in bedrock.
By trusting people to follow the rules I have a lot more freedom in creative building. The locations and decorations can be that much more expressive. It's like how I decorated the End Portal with Nitor lights in Sky Den: some people might try and just grab those for themselves, but I think it's outweighed by how the place looked that much nicer for everyone who didn't.
I'm going to think on all this and see what I can come up with.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm under the impression that Mekanism won't really work without batt boxes. What is a good power alternative since I can't make copper wire/batt boxes?

Mekanism has its own energy storage solution called Energy Cubes, try building those.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Edminster posted:

Mekanism has its own energy storage solution called Energy Cubes, try building those.

Huh. For some reason I thought batt boxes were Mekanism. :downs: Thanks!

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

In some places you could probably hide those blocks from twilight forest that stop you from breaking things.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Pidmon posted:

Whoa hold up, you CAN use a 2x2 jungle tree setup? I thought it was disabled ever since I first tried and couldn't get bonemeal to make it grow. What am I missing? Does bonemeal just not work on the 2x2 setup?

The trick with 2x2 jungle trees is that they need space on all sides for the vines on them to spawn, so you actually need a 4x4 ring of air around the 2x2 square of saplings (and up) before you use the bonemeal. If you're like me and like to throw torches everywhere, that's probably the problem.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Is there any way to fly in Hexxit, or at least something close to it? I just got into the Nether and there's suddenly so much to do, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting around.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

AceClown posted:

In some places you could probably hide those blocks from twilight forest that stop you from breaking things.

And Warded Stone/Glass from Thaumcraft

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Vib Rib posted:

Is there any way to fly in Hexxit, or at least something close to it? I just got into the Nether and there's suddenly so much to do, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting around.

An Electric Staff (from Better Dungeons, I think) will let you effectively fly. You'd want to make a bunch though because they break pretty quickly. You could also breed a gold chocobo and then use a red gysahl (gysahl + red dye) on it to make it a red chocobo, which can fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Fortis posted:

An Electric Staff (from Better Dungeons, I think) will let you effectively fly. You'd want to make a bunch though because they break pretty quickly. You could also breed a gold chocobo and then use a red gysahl (gysahl + red dye) on it to make it a red chocobo, which can fly.
Doesn't breeding a gold Chocobo take forever? Still seems like my best option right now, especially since I had no idea they could go through portals.

• Locked thread