Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sirithil
May 31, 2013

Fruit Chewy posted:

Edit: Oh god I actually had to hexedit GregTech to get it to load from the technic launcher.

Yeah, this is a thing that happens.

Also, sweet, I got #8 on the top poster list from the last thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

Cool thanks. I see a lot has been added to MFR since I last played. Pretty cool.
Also, Redstone in Motion by jakj is your new go-to for frameships.

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

RaspberryCommie posted:

Would this mod work well enough to make elevators for my base, or is the frame motion too much of a problem like RP2's was?
There used to be continuous motion but it is now disabled by default, with a slight delay introduced between each block of movement.

Apparently there is an issue whereby buildcraft takes several ticks to render items in pipes (so on a continuously moving frame items were vanishing, this was a buildcraft issue and jakj couldn't fix it) and also if you were on a continuously-moving frame you wouldn't be able to get off until it stopped. But if you want it, you can re-enable this in the config.

You could definitely do elevators with it though either way.

Sirithil fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 29, 2013

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

Taffer posted:

Either that, or it's made by some pretentious modder who refuses to even take a small amount of effort to work with other things.

Of course we don't know anyone like that... *coughflowerchildcough*

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I am kind of frustrated that I made the power suit but I cannot add flight capabilities until I reach the nether fortress. The entire point of making the suit was to make infiltrating the nether easier so I wouldn't have to build bridges everywhere, but apparently I need a full tesseract, which requires a magma crucible, which requires nether brick.
Make a portal, open it, and mine the first eight netherrack you see.

Toss them into a furnace to smelt them into nether bricks (individual bricks like the ones you get from clay balls). Then assemble the eight bricks into two nether brick blocks and you're good to go for your crucible.

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

metasynthetic posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, the home of the future:

:words:
This looks amazing. :getin:

One suggestion I have, and I'm not sure how hard it is to do, is to make it like the drawbridges in Tinker's Construct: the emitters' GUI would have a slot you can put a block in, so the emitter block takes on that block's texture, so the emitters are hidden for aesthetic purposes.

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

Arrath posted:

First, the lightbridge/wall mod looks awesome. I love that they just take vanilla items to craft (so, 8 diamonds and a nether star? :v:)

Secondly, the what? Apparently I haven't Been keeping up with TC

The drawbridge is a block that will accept a stack of up to 16 other blocks. When you apply a redstone signal, it will extend those blocks in the direction its emitter face is pointing. When the redstone signal is turned off, it will retract them again. Also quite useful for large doors that don't require loving about with pistons, and nearly any other practical application you can think of that might involve extending or retracting a pile of blocks.

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

Pidmon posted:

So I had an idea to start over with Skyden again (I know, I've done it once already) just to fit a theme of matching with Fez. I was looking up earlier and found a texturepack for it, which gave me an idea.

Is there a version of the dimension doors mod that works in 1.4.7, as well as a storage mod like the barrels from Factorization or the DSUs from MFR? Since Skyden will eventually give big payouts in terms of ender pearls, I'd actually have an excuse to play around with the dimension doors...

and considering that I eventually want to build all the maps in Fez, which are linked through doors, it would be the perfect setup.

1.4.7? You might have better luck just playing Skyden under 1.5.2 with updated versions of all the same mods, plus dimdoors. Unless there's something Skyden uses in 1.4.7 that isn't available in 1.5.2.

Both factorization and MFR had 1.4.7 versions, though.

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

Pidmon posted:

I thought the whole reason we haven't got SeaDen yet is that the vital NPC mod isn't yet updated?
I stand corrected, then.

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

metasynthetic posted:

1.6, figured I might as well start there. Won't be usable in mainline packs for awhile I'm afraid.

*groan* :negative:

Well, there goes my notion of using this in my current world.

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

metasynthetic posted:

Well guys,
:siren:Effector Fields R0.0.1 for Minecraft 1.5.2 released!:siren:
(Backporting wasn't nearly as annoying as I thought it would be.)
Thank you thank you! :glomp:

Can't wait till after work so I can play with this. :allears:

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

Jaramin posted:

Is there an easy way to pump up ore spawn rates in the latest version of Toast? I started using the platform on Big Dig and just cant go back to such tiny ore veins anymore.

Go into your Big Dig config/cofh/ folder and grab world.cfg. Toss that into the same place in your Toast instance and you should be good to go.

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

Brovine posted:

You think that's bad, try custom spawners spitting out skeletons riding creepers riding cave spiders.

:wth: Is... is this actually a thing? How is that accomplished? So... much... mob essence...

Edit: Aaaaand I just read back and saw the screenshots. That's... that's just terrifying.

Sirithil fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

Given that the nether stuff needs to be furnaced before being smelted, there will need to be an equally elaborate refining operation.
My usual approach for mass ore processing is parallel banks of pulverizers and powered furnaces. Insertion and extraction is covered by a pair of Factorization routers for each bank. The insertion router has multiple export buses, each populated with items that need to be pulverized and/or smelted (multiple buses because there's so many different kinds of ore), and the extraction router simply needs a single import bus.

It's a relatively simple system to initially set up, and trivially super easy to scale to whatever extent you need/want: just add more machines to the banks, set the inputs and outputs the same as the others, and provide power.

• Locked thread