Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Mico posted:

Oh speaking of that. Buy your ground beef from Costco if at all possible. I don't know what they do to it but it's like 100x better than any other ground beef I've ever used.

"Why, it's nothing but water! Yes, ordinary water laced with a few tablespoons of LSD!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
Oh man I hope this LP isn't over. It got me to go out in a snowstorm just to add turmeric to my spice rack!

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Oh man I hope this LP isn't over. It got me to go out in a snowstorm just to add turmeric to my spice rack!

I posted a video like a week ago dude.

I've mentioned this on twitter before but I'm not sure when I'm going to stop. There's not really a clear ending point.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Mico posted:

There's not really a clear ending point.

When you've cooked every recipe in every game, go crazy(ier) and cook your roommates?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Or when he makes the borscht.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

frozentreasure posted:

When you've cooked every recipe in every game, go crazy(ier) and cook your roommates?

Missing Name posted:

Or when he makes the borscht.

Or when he makes his roommates into borscht?

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

Robust Laser posted:

Or when he makes his roommates into borscht?

Who's up for a little of The Most Dangerous Borscht? :burger:

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

So did nobody tell the Japanese that you're supposed to use a wheat bun as a handy meat holder for hamburgers?

Also, if you'd like your hamburger to have way less fat than Mico's, then get a George Foreman grill and grill that sucker up. The non-stick coating means there's no oil needed, and the grill is specifically designed to let the beef fat drip out while frying the meat on both sides simultaneously! You'll have to add the cheese after it's cooked, though, because that poo poo gets everywhere if you try and melt it on the grill. Also, try using ground turkey instead and soak it in some beef broth. The texture will be off from what you're used to, but the taste is close enough to count!

Since you didn't stuff your burger, I suppose I'll have to ask you stuff your chicken Kiev instead.

Speaking of low fat burgers, I tried doing steamed hamburgers this last weekend thanks to this thread and a timely episode of Man VS Food introducing the technique. They actually came out really good. Basically you just use a veggie steamer and put your burger patties in a cleaned tuna can (or something of similar size). Steam them for like 10-15 minutes. You can just pour off the fat when they're done and it's remarkably tasty. I would definitely recommend adding some bacon because it is missing a little bit of the smokiness that usually come with the char. On the other hand, the steamed cheese is amazing looking.

ED: Ch-Ch-Ch-Chow Mein!

Dickey Butts fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 31, 2014

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

That is one bigass burg

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

:siren: Bonus Video: Microwaved Toast :siren:
Microwaved toast works because you put butter and sugar on toast and it comes out fuckin' perfect!

I'm just kidding, I did this video on a public bet from Brett and he didn't know that I was within earshout. I'm now sharing it with you!

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

EntranceJew posted:

Microwaved toast works because you put butter and sugar on toast and it comes out fuckin' perfect!

I'm just kidding, I did this video on a public bet from Brett and he didn't know that I was within earshout. I'm now sharing it with you!

C'mon man, your kitchen is way too clean. Take a lesson from the master and light that poo poo on fire with liquid wrench.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dickey Butts posted:

Speaking of low fat burgers, I tried doing steamed hamburgers this last weekend
Don't tell Chalmers.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Did that thing puff up during the steaming, or do you really prefer rolling your burgers into balls instead of patties?

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

EntranceJew posted:

:siren: Bonus Video: Microwaved Toast :siren:Microwaved toast works because you put butter and sugar on toast and it comes out fuckin' perfect!I'm just kidding, I did this video on a public bet from Brett and he didn't know that I was within earshout. I'm now sharing it with you!

This is the gooniest thing I have ever watched.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

EntranceJew posted:

I used to do this save I used hotdog buns and sprinkled some cinnamon on as well as brown sugar.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

EntranceJew posted:

You have a head-harness for your camera!

Also this absurd epitome of gooniness made me laugh. Good work.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Mico make Chicken Cordon Swiss instead of Kiev ham is tasty.

EntranceJew posted:

This looks delicious. Can I get exact measurements on the amount of butter and sugar for the same result?

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Teledahn posted:

You have a head-harness for your camera!

Also this absurd epitome of gooniness made me laugh. Good work.

I want you to understand one thing about this video that makes me particularly angry.

EntranceJew owns Google Glass.

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Did that thing puff up during the steaming, or do you really prefer rolling your burgers into balls instead of patties?

They puff like mad. I am not a burger baller.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Mico posted:

EntranceJew owns Google Glass.

Epitome of gooniness.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Chow Mein wins. I'm going to be recording over the weekend.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Mico posted:

Hamburgers

It's simple really.

Ground Beef (I use 85%/15%)
Onion Powder
Black Pepper
Rosemary
Minced Garlic
Any other spices you may want to incorporate
Salt
Cheese
Hamburger buns
Vegetable oil

Mix together all the spices except the salt into the beef, then form into patties. Press a ditch into the middle.
Salt the outside of the patties.
Fry in a frying pan in the oil on med-high heat for 3-4 minutes, then flip, add the cheese if desired, then five more minutes. Be careful not to overcook otherwise you end up with a dry flavorless beef brick.
Allow the burgers to rest for a few minutes to reabsorb some juice.
Throw them on the buns and serve with any toppings and condiments you may enjoy such as tomato, mustard, mushrooms, lettuce, etc.
At no point should you incorporate tempura. What you CAN do however is toast the buns if you want!

Music

The Aquabats - Burger Rain
Dead Rising 2 - Terror is Reality
Archers of Loaf - One Slight Wrong Move

Voting

Spaghetti Bolognese
Chow Mein
Chicken Kiev

Sorry that took two months but it was a combination of work and I wasn't really happy how the burger footage came out so I had to redo it.

I sometimes put actual diced onions, worcestershire sauce and bread crumbs. Besides eggs, what other special ingredients to people use?

Also, chicken(cheese).

Edit: Wow I'm late.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

This is usually the recipe I use

http://www.quick-german-recipes.com/best-hamburger-recipe.html

except I replace bread crumbs with sun chip crumbs and I do the 1/4th cup (sauce) as sriacha.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I swear I haven't forgotten about you.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

When can we expect some frolf burgers

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Trip Report: The Big King tastes decent for the 2 for $5 deal and the rodeo crispy chicken tastes like a giant chicken nugget.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

EntranceJew posted:

Trip Report: The Big King tastes decent for the 2 for $5 deal and the rodeo crispy chicken tastes like a giant frolf.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Recipe:

Pre-made Chow Mein Noodles available at your local asian grocery store.
1/8 cup Oyster Sauce
1/8 cup Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
A few drops of sesame oil
Chicken Breasts
Vegetables of your choice such as green onion, yellow onion, napa cabbage, or just you know whatever.
Minced Garlic

Boil the chow mein noodles until they barely start to separate in the pot, then drain. Should be no more than like seven or eight minutes, usually, but this might vary depending on the noodles you bought. Leave in the strainer to cool so you don't sear your fingers off.

Fry the chicken in the oil, add the garlic. My electric skillet was set to 350 but I don't think the temperature is that important as long as you don't burn it.

After the chicken's about halfway cooked, add the vegetables, cook until the onions caramelize.

Once the noodles have cooled enough, break them apart with your hands, then toss in the skillet.

Add your Soy, Teriyaki, and Oyster sauce and stir. Keep it moving and cook for about five to seven minutes.

Music:
Scooter - Rebel Yell
The Stranglers - All Roads Lead to Rome
Aesop Rock - Dinner With Blockhead

Voting:

Spaghetti Bolognese
Chicken Kiev
Samosas

Mico fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 3, 2014

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Chicken kiev

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Mico posted:

Music:
Scooter - Rebel Yell

Also samosas.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Fill a Chicken Kiev with a Samosa.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

pandaK posted:

do not give me terrible food ideas.

do you not remember last time

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mico posted:

They're both basically some food object stuffed with another food object, what could possibly go wrong?

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Being allergic to sesame is basically the worst reason to hate non-western food. It's loving everywhere, I swear.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Chicken Kiev since it seems to be rather topical at the moment.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Chickencheese thread started over a year ago. Where has the forums gone that there hasn't been another??

It makes you think. Think about chicken.

IronSaber posted:

Chicken Kiev since it seems to be rather topical at the moment.

Chicken Moscow.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Samosas Bolognese because it's not as bad an idea as this is:

pandaK posted:

...or is it...?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Volfogg posted:

Samosas Bolognese because it's not as bad an idea as this is:

...or is it...?

Samoa stuffed with chicken Kiev on top of spaghetti Bolognese

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Mico posted:

Look at the bright side, at first I thought it said "fill a Chicken Kiev with a MImosa". No wait, that's brilliant, do that.

Naw but for serious make samosas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Spaghetti Bolognese. It's gotta win someday.

• Locked thread