Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
I wanna see Fettuccine from Cooking Mama: Cook Off myself.

Also, curry is in fact awesome, even if the term "curry" refers to a poo poo ton of different things. If we're speaking of Thai curry, I like to make a paste (there's a recipe here, although I personally use the vegetarian version) and freeze the paste. So whenever I want curry, all I have to do is cook the veggies, add the paste, add the coconut milk, and that's pretty much it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Mico posted:

Actually they look worn out because I use a metal spatula most of the time.

...did you stop doing that?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I'm a little baffled why the Emeril recipe wants 2 yolks and then 2 whole eggs. I suppose that's to make it richer? I dunno; the recipe I use is just 4 eggs. Although I'm certain the recipe I use is just from Allrecipes or whatever, I don't remember, so maybe that is a better way to do it.

Also, man I need to make quiche again...

Oh, and I vote Gnocchi because I've never been able to make any that I've liked.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I vote Gyoza.

I've had... similar bad experiences with gnocchi, and frankly I've had it both store-bought and home-made and liked neither. If I'm gonna spend the time (not quite 4 hours, mind...), I'd rather make home-made pasta or even the time consumer itself, lasagna.

Also I'm a bit surprised neither the game nor whatever recipe you used suggest to shape the gnocchi with a fork. The cookbook I took my recipe from also suggests not using russets; I think it suggests new potatoes. Probably using smaller potatoes might have helped.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

The issue isn't over classification so much as whether or not you might encounter them when you open your trashcan. We don't generally eat many raccoons, pigeons, or squirrels, either.

Depends on what part of the country you live in.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Frankly, I feel more sorry for the turkey once Mama decides she loves it. I mean, look at it's eyes. It's saying, "save me." At least the dead turkey can't feel pain anymore.

A tofu turkey? That's what you suggest to make instead for Thanksgiving? Okay, at least it's not Tofurky (which is gross, don't eat it), but why not a nice butternut squash bake? Or any other vegetable dish, really?

...also, Fried Chicken, because cornbread is awesome.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Tempura.

Holy cow that was a large serving. There's two people eating these, right? You guys didn't finish all of that in one serving, right?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Samosas, because I kinda want some samosas.

Also, what in the hell was Cooking Mama doing in that last step? You shred the dough with a, what is that, a curved dough cutter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Samosas you bastard.

• Locked thread