Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Haven't read the thread so I don't know if someone else said this, but the best way to break an egg is to take two eggs and hit them against each other on the sides. One will always come out victorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Glazius posted:

One of the things I hear again and again, both from cooking friends and cooking-show commentary, is that hand-making pasta is going to be a lot of grief unless you're a master chef, and the payoff isn't going to be a big benefit over what you could just pick up at a supermarket. The robots pretty much have it down.

While you're pretty much right that the payoff isn't going to be much better, it's really not that tough to do pasta by hand. I think doing it by hand also lends that certain satisfaction that comes with having put together a meal from scratch to the final product.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Well, just gave chicken parmigiana a go (with a homemade sauce, because I couldn't be bothered to go to the shops and buy some) and it came out great; loving delicious. Also I used Doritos instead of bread crumbs. I don't think it made much of a difference to the taste in the end. Thanks for making it clear how simple it was to make something like that; typically the thing that stops me (and, I suspect, most people) from trying to cook new things is the idea that it's going to be incredibly difficult.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
It was more out of necessity than anything; I didn't have any bread crumbs available.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

People posted:

Use X instead of Doritos for bread crumbs

When I said I didn't have any bread crumbs available, I mean I didn't have any available. I'm restocking on practically everything today.

Choco1980 posted:

That strong "nacho" cheese flavor would be a bit of a distraction.

Nope. Like I said, virtually no flavour once they were fried. But then, I did overdo them a little. If you're concerned about the cheese flavour, just get plain corn chips.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Beef stew, if only because it'll be the longest possible option.

And is it just me, or is the audio really badly clipping?

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Dammit, that's too tough competition for Beef Stew to win against. I'm voting for it anyway, 'cause everyone knows how to do fried chicken.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
If beef stew does win, get Slowbeef in on the video.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Missing Name posted:

Corn [ok, MAIZE] flour?

Is that for the benefit of Australians? 'Cause I'd always known it as cornflour; it's sold as cornflour at the shops, even.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
You guys, life is beautiful and chicken is delicious.

Also spaghetti bolognese.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Doesn't seem like it's got much of a chance, but spaghetti bolognese all the same.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Mico posted:

There's not really a clear ending point.

When you've cooked every recipe in every game, go crazy(ier) and cook your roommates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Spaghetti Bolognese. It's gotta win someday.

• Locked thread