Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

Spudd posted:

There are premade crusts at a local bakery near me, if I were to make this I would just use that. A quiche does seem like a me type of meal. Throw a bunch of poo poo together, throw it in the oven and turn it up. Although I think I'm lazy enough to not cook any ingredients and just throw it all in the oven.

Enter the croc pot. The king of throwing any pile of poo poo in to a big heated bowl and leaving it for 6 hours only to come back to something actually edible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Elissia posted:

God yes. Those things are amazing if you're a lazy rear end in a top hat with a lot of spare time.
I suppose normal people could get some use out of it too?

They're relatively safe to leave on for as long as necessary so you could set it up in the afternoon and go do all your regular day stuff and come back in the evening to a meal. Depending on your school/work hours you could even leave it running on low/medium while you're at work and it shouldn't burn down the house or anything. That said, I'd probably test that first or stick with meals that have a lot of liquid in them if you plan to leave it on unattended.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Walrus Pete posted:

Borscht. It is by far the most fun food to say that I've seen mentioned so far, so obviously it's going to be good for eatin'. Borscht borscht borscht.

Throwing a vote down for this too because I agree and because Borchst is loving tasty and not too complicated to actually make and looks really nice!

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 11, 2013

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
For separating egg yolks you could just use this genius tactic :v:

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
You drat philistine. What's wrong with awesome beetroot and strips of beef drenched in an almost unnecessarily flavorsome soup?

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Well that just sounds delicious, no?

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Mico posted:

I made gnocchi because my roommates were all "dont make borscht please oh god" so I did the homemade gnocchi intstead.

I have not started editing the video yet, but holy poo poo I cannot emphasize enough how not worth it creating homemade gnocchi is. It took me four hours. I would much rather just spend 3 bucks on the prepackaged stuff at Food 4 Less instead and keep about 3:55 in free time.

You should kick all of your roommates out and invite people who like Borscht in. The thing is... Borscht is still pretty god drat amazing without any of the sour cream (or alternative) stuff. (I'm totally guessing it's the sour cream because I thought someone mentioned not liking that part? Or was it the beets?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I vote Borscht :colbert:
(I vote Tempura)

• Locked thread