Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Geop posted:

One thing that I am confused about in the recipe used here is that it didn't call for the butter to be creamed/whipped (well, Mama's recipe did). It really helps make a difference in baked stuff :shobon: Makes the texture more appealing, from what I've seen. Slice butter in to tiny pieces (increase surface area, meaning it'll get to room temperature faster), then mix for a bit to get it all gooey and creamy. Lots of pastries and breads call for this mixed with sugar in the earlier stages of the recipes.

For breads and the like it can be useful, but you don't want to do that when making a pie crust. You want to keep your butter cold and the dough not TOO smooth by the end, so that the pie crust comes out flaky instead of hard. It's similar to the reason you don't want biscuit dough to be smooth.

Anyway, this is a great series so far, and I'm gonna toss in another vote for borscht. I loving love borscht.

DecayDOA fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

Seems like the votes are already rolling in, but hell yes, coconut shrimp.

As for this episode, I do love me some gnocchi and that looks like a really good recipe. I'll have to try it out, thanks!

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

Gotta be Meat Loaf.

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

Gotta be burgers. Also that fried chicken looks delicious, and you are my hero forever for not doing the trendy thing and using goddamn panko.

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

It all started to go wrong when the skewer came into play. Mico, why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

Sjurygg posted:

what do you people think this thread needs?

Borscht.

Sjurygg posted:

What is the central challenge for this thread, and can you suggest anything to meet that challenge?

The lack of borscht; borscht.

• Locked thread