Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Musket
Mar 19, 2008

DSCF0818-Edit.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

DSCF1247-Edit.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

_DSF2694-Edit.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

_DSF2726-Edit.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

ZippySLC posted:

I, too, would like to know what most people do to convert their color photos to B&W. For me I just use the built in mechanism within Aperture, which also lets me pick a color filter as well. It's quick and helpful, but I know there's other plugins that also do B&W conversion. Are they worth it?

Import .RAF file
Convert to B/W button in LR5 to tinker with -or-
Export to Silver EFEX Pro2 or whatever version was part of the Niksoft Google Bundle.

Silver EFEX does what you can do in LR5. I find that SilverEfex cuts my time down because I can run with their preset with my tinkering and import back into LR5 for a final edit. Its a good shortcut for me, YMMV. There is a trial for you to play with.

http://www.niksoftware.com/nikcollection/usa/silverefexpro.html

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

2486 by Ashade76, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Swifts at dusk, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Lan Su Chinese Garden, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Newport, Oregon by Ashade76, on Flickr

• Locked thread