Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
So I tried testing out detonators on the end of a ram, but it backfired a little:

That is crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
We should probably do a new thread + OP since the game has changed so much.

Anyone down to write one? It would be nice to have a well populated server again!

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.

Party Alarm posted:

We should probably do a new thread + OP since the game has changed so much.

Anyone down to write one? It would be nice to have a well populated server again!
This.

Also I wanted to show off my WIP

:gizz:

Lokee fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 30, 2014

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I go in phases of playing this game because it's super fun but I'm not very good at making big fancy ships or really fancy spacestations so I kind of gave up.

My salvager ship is literally a huge cube with the cockpit in the middle and like 40 salvager arrays

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Tusen Takk posted:

I go in phases of playing this game because it's super fun but I'm not very good at making big fancy ships or really fancy spacestations so I kind of gave up.

My salvager ship is literally a huge cube with the cockpit in the middle and like 40 salvager arrays

This guy's YouTube channel helped me a lot, even though he's like way beyond what I'm doing.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Tusen Takk posted:

The only thing that makes me give up is the hosed up rear end infinite loop audio bug I can't stand.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

This sounds like me the few times I poke at games like this (Space Engineers: The adventures of trying to attach an ore catcher to your starter ship, and sending all ore hurtling 20 feet to the left of my ship :downs:).

Note to self, try this out again. I grabbed the steam version partly on "Well, this seems like a cool and inexpensive goon game" whim, and partly because hoping it doesn't give me constant sound errors like the freebie version did-

Bone_Enterprise posted:

The only thing that makes me give up is the hosed up rear end infinite loop audio bug I can't stand.

Fuuuuuuuck.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Bone_Enterprise posted:

I had issues with sound until I turned openAL off, the last patch also claimed to address some of the audio issues but I'm a scared to turn AL back on :ohdear:

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Lokee posted:

I had issues with sound until I turned openAL off, the last patch also claimed to address some of the audio issues but I'm a scared to turn AL back on :ohdear:

Well that worked, could have sworn I tried that during one of the many attempts to fix it, got a lot of re-learning to do now.

Thank.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Anyone know whats up with the server reset? Dick ship lost :rip:

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
So, I made this on a server:

zennik
Jun 9, 2002

PartyAlarm is in the process of creating a new thread with updated infos and such.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692051

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

:circlefap: Good.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

:razz:

I hope it pleases you to be the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it
Thread Now closed with shiny new spacethread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692051

Thanks PA!

• Locked thread