Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
I keep trying to just gently caress around in the build mode but the drat game keeps crashing when I try to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Wise Learned Man posted:

This looks to be more polished and feature-rich than the current version of Blockade Runner (which hasn't been updated in nearly a year). Can anybody who has played both comment on similarities/differences?

There is actually a game to be played here. I say this as someone who owns a Blockade Runner account and am incredibly depressed at the lack of anything going on with it.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
This game is blowing me away. A question, though: Is it normal to break gravity by falling through a disc-shaped planet? This thing appears to be a disc of ice that is rounded on one side and completely smooth on the other. If I dig through it to the flat side, I deal with gravity until I pop out the other side, at which point gravity no longer affects me and I can float back up the tube through the disc-planet. What the hell is going on?

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

President Ark posted:

Can you put engines on a planet and fly it around, or separate a mountain from the rest and fly it into space? :getin:

Sadly not yet. You can however strip-mine (or buy) the blocks it's made of and build your own mobile world-ship.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Just set up a faction and faction home base on a planet. It's surrounded by other planets and we have a rudimentary crafting/storage/docking facility on the surface that i'm slowly setting up. Should hopefully keep people from having to farm mats once it's up and running fully.

The faction is open invite too. Just ask to join and the game should automatically let you in. From there the faction tab tells you where the home base is. Right now we need to set up a factory floor for space spergery hilarity, and to help make newbies lives easier. So that is the first priority past making the place habitable, I guess.

Edit: Also working on a space elevator for the docking facility. Turns out that you appear to be able to build upwards out of the planet's gravity to create space docks for ships too heavy to maintain orbit using their thrusters or land on the planet safely.

I'm making it out of beacon tiles so that the space elevator doubles as a massive beacon tower that blinds anyone flying through the solar system. If lighting stacks, i'm hoping it'll turn into some sort of hosed up lighthouse of doom that causes people to crash land on the (now invincible) planet, spilling their precious resources all over the surface for anyone there at the time. :v:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Aug 2, 2013

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

The HMS Space Autist has served me well in battle against the pirates.

Also, I now have 2 billion spacebucks because some pirate was carrying 500 units of some hilariously valuable mineral when I blew him up.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
No, anything that flies needs to be connected to a ship box. You can though eat a couple of asteroids, or planets, and then recreate it on your ship if you wanted.

Edit: Server died. :(

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

President Ark posted:

Can you put engines on a planet and fly it around, or separate a mountain from the rest and fly it into space? :getin:

Sadly, not yet.

The core part of a space ship must be built unconnected to anything.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

fromoutofnowhere posted:

No, anything that flies needs to be connected to a ship box. You can though eat a couple of asteroids, or planets, and then recreate it on your ship if you wanted.

Edit: Server died. :(

I rebooted it real fast. Should be back up now.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Could you build a ship near a planet, then connect it to the planet with blocks? Would that work?

Rabidsamba
Sep 1, 2011
Pirates keep destroying me but I don't even care, having way too much fun just flying around the galaxy looking at stuff :allears:

Although it was frustrating after my first death to find that my starting shop wasn't selling any engines, I think they should probably make them always have engines/ship cores otherwise you'll probably get stranded if you don't prepare enough.

Anyways now that I've got the controls down time to join in on this online space stuff.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Just some advice from running servers before, it's a bad idea to gently caress with the max speed. Yes, it's slow, but the transitions between sectors get buggier and buggier the faster you move. High speed will make combat almost unplayable as you'll become more and more likely to hit the boundary between sectors and bug everything the gently caress out.

Randalor posted:

Could you build a ship near a planet, then connect it to the planet with blocks? Would that work?

No, the only space game I've seen that lets you attach engines to asteroids and such is Corneroids. Hopefully that will become a thing in starmade. To be fair though, in starmade you can attach shields and turrets to a planet.

:getin:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

So we're pretty much space rich at the moment. This lead to someone landing this monster of a ship on the planet out of the blue. Rabidsamba's reaction in chat in the picture was definitely appropriate, since we turned around while constructing planet-side facilties and it was right there. We didn't even hear it crash into the planet behind us.

It's a gigantic battleship 1/4th the length of the planet our base is on. So someone basically imported an unarmed titan from EVE Online.

Clearly, such a beast of a ship deserved a proper berth in the orbital cradle. Something up there apparently generates its own gravitational field. It's either the ship or the space elevator. Which is :black101:.

Now we have to deal with very rich pirates being able to requisition that thing, though. Hopefully we can get some automated turrets and copilot seating on the thing before they start to show up. :stonk:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Aug 2, 2013

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I was trying to get back into Minecraft and now this shows up.

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. :toot:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It is very hard to land a perfectly round ship upright, even with legs.
Hopefully someday I'll figure out the docking blocks and they'll solve that problem.

There is one problem with an aerial port: if you bonk a docked ship they'll go flying off into nowhere.
My apologies to the Slab.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Aug 2, 2013

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
This game owns. Everybody should play it.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Seconding the This-game-is-awesome sentiments. Seriously, if you like sspaceships and building you'll love it.

Unfortunately my home internet has gone down so I can't continue building my colossal attack ship. :v:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
So on what server did the majority of the goon population settle? C3w? Cause that seems to be down for me.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Has anyone else noticed how bizarrely lucrative ICE_PLANET_ROCK is?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I like that this game lets you build two death stars attached to the base of the probe ship from Star Trek IV, but I hope future development will allow servers to limit player size and power to the opposite end of the scale while keeping the game fun. I want to explore the galaxy in a barely functioning spacebarge crewed by my friends, on a mission where every uncharted planet is filled with hazards, and populated with hostile life forms (or friendly ones :roboluv:).

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Is your character/ship bound to the server you build it on? Would it be possible to build a ship on one server and transfer it or its blueprints to another server? It would be nice to build a crazy murdership on a quiet server and then server-hop to murder people. It would also suck to build an awesome ship only to have the server stop hosting and lose all that work.

e: I will probably be installing this when I get home tonight. Ultimate goal: build a Magog Worldship and take over the universe.

Machai fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 2, 2013

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Machai posted:

Is your character/ship bound to the server you build it on? Would it be possible to build a ship on one server and transfer it or its blueprints to another server? It would be nice to build a crazy murdership on a quiet server and then server-hop to murder people. It would also suck to build an awesome ship only to have the server stop hosting and lose all that work.
It is, but you can save your blueprints on one server and load them up on another if you have enough stuff to build it. That is if the server supports it, a couple of them look like they disable imports.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So I've been toying around with this on a localhost to get a feel for it but are there ways to bookmark places in space? Am I an idiot that just somehow missed how to do it in the nav menu? So far I'm fascinated by this game I'm just wondering if I should start taking notes or if I can mark stuff in the game.

Does your character (or whatever it's called, spaceman?) persist from server to server? Like can I make a giant rock boat and then move it to another server?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

So I've been toying around with this on a localhost to get a feel for it but are there ways to bookmark places in space? Am I an idiot that just somehow missed how to do it in the nav menu? So far I'm fascinated by this game I'm just wondering if I should start taking notes or if I can mark stuff in the game.

Does your character (or whatever it's called, spaceman?) persist from server to server? Like can I make a giant rock boat and then move it to another server?

I would also like to know this. I figured out how to set waypoints but there doesn't seem to be any way to save them or name them. So without having a big list of poo poo written down in front of me it's pretty much just numbers.

I'd love it if they added some kind of nav computer.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I got stuck inside one of my ships and couldn't get out, even suiciding would respawn me inside of it and I couldn't move at all.

Also how do I get multiple salvage cannons to work? I connected them all to the computer but only one actually fires the beam. Do I need multiple computers or something? It takes forever to try to mine with just 1 or 3.

Zeether fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 2, 2013

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Oh man, this looks great and overwhelming. Some quick questions:
- My home connection is poo poo right now so I'm downloading it at work. Is the build really only 56MB?
- My home connection is poo poo right now, does ping matter much in this game?

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it
Added goon server address to the OP

I would love a Nav computer and some kind of Jump drive so I can put in a co ordinate and have my capital ship appear there after a charge up period.

In other news, is there an easy way to find pirates/make money....I fly around but nothing but planets and asteroids.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Zeether posted:

I got stuck inside one of my ships and couldn't get out, even suiciding would respawn me inside of it and I couldn't move at all.

Also how do I get multiple salvage cannons to work? I connected them all to the computer but only one actually fires the beam.

Oh yeah I made the same mistake. Here's your problem:

When multiple canons are adjacent to each other they don't all individually fire. Instead, there's like a force multiplier effect. You can have 40+ canons all connected and it'll give you one pretty strong beam. If you have at least one block of space between them, you'll get separate beams, but they won't be as strong

You can hypothetically have adjacent beams but it would require some pretty fancy ship design.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So this shitheap is on a planet somewhere on Archonex's server.

It's got ~40 salvagers in one array, a 30 piece powerdrain array, a bunch of missile launchers (lock-on, anti-cloak variety), a small shield array and a ton of fairly useless cloak and radar masking modules. I stripped it of its engines so bring a few but if you find it it's your to keep or tear apart and sell. If you sell every piece it'll probably be enough to build a similar ship that isn't loving terrible.

To my knowledge this is the only occurrence of two desert planets next to each other on the server so here's that as a hint.

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 2, 2013

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

Orv posted:

So this shitheap is on a planet somewhere on Archonex's server.

It's got ~40 salvagers in one array, a 30 piece powerdrain array, a bunch of missile launchers (lock-on, anti-cloak variety), a small shield array and a ton of fairly useless cloak and radar masking modules. I stripped it of its engines so bring a few but if you find it's your to keep or tear apart and sell. If you sell every piece it'll probably be enough to build a similar ship that isn't loving terrible.

Hahahaha, this game needs more ships crashed into planets or space hulks.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
I gave this thing a shot, but my sound seems to be kind of screwed up. Everything is full of weird little clicky noises and they all echo. It gets really loud if I'm repeatedly shooting at something. I had to update Java just to get it to run, so I don't think that's the issue. Anyone know what's up?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Buried alive posted:

I gave this thing a shot, but my sound seems to be kind of screwed up. Everything is full of weird little clicky noises and they all echo. It gets really loud if I'm repeatedly shooting at something. I had to update Java just to get it to run, so I don't think that's the issue. Anyone know what's up?

Make sure you don't have both bit versions of Java installed. Something may have installed 32bit Java, go destroy that.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

So some tips for new players and old ones.

You can ride in other player's spaceships safely. At our current max speed settings, when they enter a new solar system you'll get deysnced into space. However, you can man a player's subsystems. This keeps them from falling out. Apparently, this also includes secondary cockpits. Which means if a player wires up a turret with a cockpit control, you can literally play as a gunner for him. This also is a good way to get newbies to the homeworld when they're screaming about how to join the faction.

The faction is currently open invite. If we have trouble with people griefing the server or being poo poo-heads, i'll set it back to the traditional "send an invite request to get in" method. Until then anyone can join it.

Our planet's coordinates are listed in the faction tab. Just hit I, check the faction tab, and then look at your faction (It's in another tab within the faction tab.) for details on the homeworld coordinates.[/b]

Anything on the planet is technically invincible. I set the purple planet so that it cannot take actual damage from anything. At the moment, any faction member can remove stuff by manually harvesting it on foot. So don't worry about crashing your ship into the planet. The ship may take damage if you ram into it, but you won't kick up a massive storm of debris like that shipwrecked salvager in the picture below did.

Planets have gravity wells. Make sure your ship can escape them. There's already a few ships on the Goon planet that don't have the thrust to escape the planet's gravity. Before you try to land on the surface, make sure you can get out. If not, there's usually a supply of surplus thrusters you can slap onto your ship in storage in the ground level of the base. This is why if you build a giant fuckoff ship like the one up above, that you had better be sure it has an equally large number of giant fuckoff clustered thruster modules. Otherwise you're going to plow into the planet at mach 7, probably killing anyone other than yourself on board and possibly heavily damaging your ship until you can scavenge supplies on the planet to repair it.

On the plus side, as I mentioned up above, so far it does appear that gravity wells can be extended (albeit at a weakened rate of pull) if you build upwards from the planet. So making orbital drydocks is actually a thing in this game. As you can see in my screenshot, we've already made a space elevator to try and accommodate for this.

Factory Construction/Usage Tutorial:

I know how to do this, but don't have time to write it all up yet. Just added this part in, so once I get a free moment i'll update this post to show you how you can mass produce items/parts/blocks for insanely large (or just small) construction ideas. It's remarkably easy, and reminds me of some of the factory mods from minecraft, albeit much more automated.

Fun Ship Building/Griefing Stuff

If I understand the game mechanics and physics properly, it should be possible to make an insanely destructive torpedo carrier. More a fun thing I discovered than anything else, but if you get a bunch of the detonate-on-ram blocks it should be possible to create a ship with insanely destructive "manned torpedoes". I'm working on building an easy and quick to use system for this right now, but just to run down the mechanics of how it works for anyone else who wants to try:

How you do this is that you first create a "carrier" ship (So literally a carrier.) that has docking bays attached to it. For the sake of simplicity and safety, it may be a good idea to have an underslung carrier bay with docking modules inside. Be sure to have at least four or five docking areas for smaller fighter sized ships available.

The actual operating section of this ship (for the crew, not the gullible bastards heroic sacrifices) should have a medbay in it with a plex respawner. This respawner must be protected at all costs, just like the engines and power supply must be. If one or the other go down, you may be trapped in an unfamiliar section of space. I recommend adding a large power core that is made out of nothing but shields and power blocks. With enough shields most NPC's and PC's won't be able to kill you before you either escape or destroy them with your nukes. Slap a few automated turrets on the thing if you want personal defenses and want to min-max the thing.

Now create a simple small ship in the form of a missile using hull blocks. This is mostly to get the shape of it right, since doing it with detonator blocks first would probably be much more expensive. Then, replace the front hull (Or all of it if you want a ridiculous nuke sized explosion that'll probably tear ships apart. Need to check how good the ramming blocks are first. That's the only potential flaw in this, but youtube infers they're pretty ridiculous.) section with stacked, touching ramming blocks. Then, add a large number of thrust modules thrust modules (5x5 should be enough no matter what.) where the thrusters would be on the missile, with an equally large number of power suppliers behind it between the hull and the thrusters. Be sure the core is seated towards this section so that it isn't accidentally destroyed if someone scores a lucky hit on your ship. Slap some guns on it if you want to try and reduce shields beforehand. You can always "power slide" to the left or right, letting your ship make contact on the sides to trigger detonation, since the game has pseudo-gravityless physics working.

Now, catalog both ships. You want to catalog your carrier so you can build it on any server/if it gets destroyed, and your manned torpedoes because...Well, they ain't comin' back to the ship once they launch.

Once you've done that go to a store and buy as many "manned torpedoes" as you can dock in your carrier. Dock them in your ship, and get your friends to ride along in your ship with you to whatever it is you want to crater the gently caress out of. If they're space rich like you are, have them give you their cash beforehand (Death halves credits.), and make sure they're set to respawn in your medbay. They can then pilot the giant fuckoff missiles to their destination, and laugh as some guy panics as a bunch of max speed torpedoes that are too fast to shoot down rip apart his ship or planet. Enjoy drinking their tears once the person being attacked inevitably loses their poo poo.

The best part of this plan is that if you find a protected area, you can potentially use the torpedoes to take out the control block. This means you could not only take someone's crap, but also completely pillage the place and make off with all of his hard work since storage blocks drop all items inside on death. Once any control blocks are down you can do this by setting down a build block to mass deconstruct the place into blocks that go into your inventory. Which means being a space pirate is extremely profitable in this game! :science:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 2, 2013

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it

Archonex posted:

So some tips for new players and old ones.

You can ride in other player's spaceships safely. At our current max speed settings, when they enter a new solar system you'll get deysnced into space. However, you can man a player's subsystems. This keeps them from falling out. Apparently, this also includes secondary cockpits. Which means if a player wires up a turret with a cockpit control, you can literally play as a gunner for him. This also is a good way to get newbies to the homeworld when they're screaming about how to join the faction.

The faction is currently open invite. If we have trouble with people griefing the server or being poo poo-heads, i'll set it back to the traditional "send an invite request to get in" method. Until then anyone can join it.

Our planet's coordinates are listed in the faction tab. Just hit I, check the faction tab, and then look at your faction (It's in another tab within the faction tab.) for details on the homeworld coordinates.[/b]

Anything on the planet is technically invincible. I set the purple planet so that it cannot take actual damage from anything. At the moment, any faction member can remove stuff by manually harvesting it on foot. So don't worry about crashing your ship into the planet. The ship may take damage if you ram into it, but you won't kick up a massive storm of debris like that shipwrecked salvager in the picture below did.

Planets have gravity wells. Make sure your ship can escape them. There's already a few ships on the Goon planet that don't have the thrust to escape the planet's gravity. Before you try to land on the surface, make sure you can get out. If not, there's usually a supply of surplus thrusters you can slap onto your ship in storage in the ground level of the base. This is why if you build a giant fuckoff ship like the one up above, that you had better be sure it has an equally large number of giant fuckoff clustered thruster modules. Otherwise you're going to plow into the planet at mach 7, probably killing anyone other than yourself on board and possibly heavily damaging your ship until you can scavenge supplies on the planet to repair it.

On the plus side, as I mentioned up above, so far it does appear that gravity wells can be extended (albeit at a weakened rate of pull) if you build upwards from the planet. So making orbital drydocks is actually a thing in this game. As you can see in my screenshot, we've already made a space elevator to try and accommodate for this.

Factory Construction/Usage Tutorial:

I know how to do this, but don't have time to write it all up yet. Just added this part in, so once I get a free moment i'll update this post to show you how you can mass produce items/parts/blocks for insanely large (or just small) construction ideas. It's remarkably easy, and reminds me of some of the factory mods from minecraft, albeit much more automated.

Fun Ship Building/Griefing Stuff

If I understand the game mechanics and physics properly, it should be possible to make an insanely destructive torpedo carrier. More a fun thing I discovered than anything else, but if you get a bunch of the detonate-on-ram blocks it should be possible to create a ship with insanely destructive "manned torpedoes". I'm working on building an easy and quick to use system for this right now, but just to run down the mechanics of how it works for anyone else who wants to try:

How you do this is that you first create a "carrier" ship (So literally a carrier.) that has docking bays attached to it. For the sake of simplicity and safety, it may be a good idea to have an underslung carrier bay with docking modules inside. Be sure to have at least four or five docking areas for smaller fighter sized ships available.

The actual operating section of this ship (for the crew, not the gullible bastards heroic sacrifices) should have a medbay in it with a plex respawner. This respawner must be protected at all costs, just like the engines and power supply must be. If one or the other go down, you may be trapped in an unfamiliar section of space. I recommend adding a large power core that is made out of nothing but shields and power blocks. With enough shields most NPC's and PC's won't be able to kill you before you either escape or destroy them with your nukes. Slap a few automated turrets on the thing if you want personal defenses and want to min-max the thing.

Now create a simple small ship in the form of a missile using hull blocks. This is mostly to get the shape of it right, since doing it with detonator blocks first would probably be much more expensive. Then, replace the front hull (Or all of it if you want a ridiculous nuke sized explosion that'll probably tear ships apart. Need to check how good the ramming blocks are first. That's the only potential flaw in this, but youtube infers they're pretty ridiculous.) section with stacked, touching ramming blocks. Then, add a large number of thrust modules thrust modules (5x5 should be enough no matter what.) where the thrusters would be on the missile, with an equally large number of power suppliers behind it between the hull and the thrusters. Be sure the core is seated towards this section so that it isn't accidentally destroyed if someone scores a lucky hit on your ship. Slap some guns on it if you want to try and reduce shields beforehand. You can always "power slide" to the left or right, letting your ship make contact on the sides to trigger detonation, since the game has pseudo-gravityless physics working.

Now, catalog both ships. You want to catalog your carrier so you can build it on any server/if it gets destroyed, and your manned torpedoes because...Well, they ain't comin' back to the ship once they launch.

Once you've done that go to a store and buy as many "manned torpedoes" as you can dock in your carrier. Dock them in your ship, and get your friends to ride along in your ship with you to whatever it is you want to crater the gently caress out of. If they're space rich like you are, have them give you their cash beforehand (Death halves credits.), and make sure they're set to respawn in your medbay. They can then pilot the giant fuckoff missiles to their destination, and laugh as some guy panics as a bunch of max speed torpedoes that are too fast to shoot down rip apart his ship or planet. Enjoy drinking their tears once the person being attacked inevitably loses their poo poo.

The best part of this plan is that if you find a protected area, you can potentially use the torpedoes to take out the control block. This means you could not only take someone's crap, but also completely pillage the place and make off with all of his hard work since storage blocks drop all items inside on death. Once any control blocks are down you can do this by setting down a build block to mass deconstruct the place into blocks that go into your inventory. Which means being a space pirate is extremely profitable in this game! :science:

mind if I steal this for the OP?

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Alright, time to play on the goon server. I've been playing this game with some people on my TS on and off for a few months, so if anyone wants to chat or work together or something just hop on. I'll set up a channel for people to use. Looking forward to making some death ships, and then getting them set to be useable by the pirates!

TS is gooncave.com

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Can we make the carrier look like a gun and the missile-ships look like bullets? Or maybe the carrier is a giant dong and the missiles are sperm. Giant nose that shoots snot-missiles. Vagina that shoots exploding babies. So many great options!

Can't stop thinking of ship ideas.

> Superman face that shoots two big red lasers from its eyes.
> Giant open-mouthed Kirby with mining lasers inside the mouth. Position the mouth around your target and mine away!
> A gigantic flat wall covered in lasers.
> Borg Cube.
> A fist with thumb and index-finger extended that shoots lasers from the index-finger.
> The word "Spaceship" spelled out in giant letters.
> Twin Towers replicas made out of the exploding ramming pieces. (in Soviet Russia...)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Figured I'd show off my "Baby world-eater".

View from the front. Plan is to load up the spaces in between the salvage beams with missle arrays and shields.

Side view, just to give an idea how many salvage beam blocks are in each array. I would probably add a few more to each before the end, but it's not THAT big, and it's already taking several hundred beam blocks just to add another "ring" to the ship.

The rear end of the ship. Haven't had any problems with gravity wells so far, thankfully.

My view of the universe while driving. It's not much to see. Also, a tasty space station.

"I hunger!"

Sadly the beams don't punch clean through the station. They only seem to reach about half-way from the top. Ah well.

It doesn't mine as fast as the "giant tube of death" I mentioned earlier, which had... 17? salvage beams that were 20 blocks long each, but it does cover a larger area. Also, 20-block long missle launchers. I was picking off pirate turrets from a sector over with the tube of doom...

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
Any chance they might add Oculus Rift support? Minecraft is pretty amazing with it, and this game looks like it would be even better.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Server is lagging to hell and back, so I had to leave. It got to the point where my ship got lost because I hit R to get out and after about a minute I lost the ship and died for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Zeether posted:

Server is lagging to hell and back, so I had to leave. It got to the point where my ship got lost because I hit R to get out and after about a minute I lost the ship and died for no reason.

Yeah, I'm in sector 48,10,7 now because hug lag really doesn't play nice with switching sectors. At least I (think) I have a ship this time!

edit: It has been decided that we're going to find an existing server to muck around in, preferably one with lots of pubbies to blow up. The server list is here, look for one with permissive rules.

Glorgnole fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 2, 2013

• Locked thread