Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elcannon
Jun 24, 2009
Also looking for an invite, on right now as CannonDeLuce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elcannon
Jun 24, 2009
http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Console_Commands
has a couple ways to do it, I think /initiate_wave is the best way probably since it has a timer attached to it, but when I was playing around with it it would only spawn a maximum of five per wave. You can also spawn AI-ships for any faction from any of the ships of the catalog. Since the server was down this morning I spent a while just spawning a bunch of opposing ships and flying around in the middle of an AI space battle.

elcannon
Jun 24, 2009

LuciferMorningstar posted:

This is, for me, one of the most disappointing things at the moment. Once shields are down, ships just start going to pieces unless you have hulls that are several blocks thick. Thus, on the largest ships, once the shields are down, a volley of missiles breaches the hull and that's that. Would be nice if hulls varied in strength based on size of ship or number of hulls or something.

Yeah, it seems like this game would be magnitudes more fun if there was some balancing and progression, but according to that reddit post you can manually edit the prices of all the items just in a config file. It seems like this would give more of the balancing control to server admins, which is definitely the best way to deal with that, the dev doesn't have to worry about balance, plus everyone gets what they want individually. From what I've seen shields and weapons are stupidly cost effective right now and I'm sure the min-maxed ideal ship is probably just a cube with no hull, just shields, power, thrust, and gently caress tons of weapons stacked together.

elcannon
Jun 24, 2009
I've only been able to get onto c3w once a couple of days ago. Everyone that is in mumble regularly seems to just be playing around on the goonserver.

elcannon
Jun 24, 2009
Ok, so if anyone else is kind of bored with just building up a bunch of monster dong ships and docking them to goonstation, or tired of c3w never being up, I've set up the basics of a red vs blue type thing if that might be fun to play around with. Right now there are two factions (RedRockets and BlueSpaceBoners) that are open for anyone to join, and are both locked in an endless war.

Enter the exotic world of voidsys(-1,-1,-1).

This space spans from sector (-1,-1,-1) to (-15,-15,-15) and contains 16 planets. I figure the simplest objective would just be to try to gain faction control over every planet.

I setup the two homebases to be on opposite corners of the space, the path from one to the other is blocked by a sun however, so it takes a fair amount of time to go all the way across.

Red at (-15,-15,-15)

Blue at (-4,-2,-1)

No idea how this will work with the current blueprint system and everything not having any value, but it is all there if anyone wants to give it a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elcannon
Jun 24, 2009
The idea was that the bases were a safehouse so that there is always at least one safe place for each team, the further out you expand out into the planets, the less you can rely on running things out of the home base. If it is that much of an issue I think anyone in the faction can reset the home base thing that on the faction block (or just sign into the server with the username RedLeader or BlueLeader, which are the two faction creators). I'm not going to be able to hop on for a while but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with everything on the server when I get back.

• Locked thread