Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edo Animus
Feb 19, 2011

Date tres dies mihi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7mMZ7IxOyI

Yay, my computer works again! Also, employment.

Now, on to the important questions:
Can Death find all of the heartstones in the Foundry and save the Forgelands? Will Karn take a nap? Does David even know how many states are in the United States of America?

These important questions are answered within.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
I'm so glad you found a job doing the exact same thing you do in LPs, only with the horrifically broken alpha versions of games. I remember reading some article somewhere that gave an accounting of some bugs found in the playtest of Fallout: Tactics. The only one I really remember was the radscorpions somehow got a hold of the brothel dialogues, so instead of hissing, they asked you if you were looking for a good time.

Edo Animus
Feb 19, 2011

Date tres dies mihi.

Veyrall posted:

I'm so glad you found a job doing the exact same thing you do in LPs, only with the horrifically broken alpha versions of games. I remember reading some article somewhere that gave an accounting of some bugs found in the playtest of Fallout: Tactics. The only one I really remember was the radscorpions somehow got a hold of the brothel dialogues, so instead of hissing, they asked you if you were looking for a good time.

The catch-22 of finding glitches and exploits in a game is that they get fixed. There's already been a ton of amusing and bizarre glitches that will now never be seen in the game I'm currently working on!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like Karn's little "getting ready to catch the door" pose. He really doesn't want to catch the door.

GmanTheTank
Feb 25, 2013

Enough expository banter! It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men!
As cool as it is to have him accompany you through the Foundry, Karn is the source of so many glitches and pathing errors. It took me so long to finish this dungeon because he got stuck in a doorway and wouldn't grab one of the Heartstones, even after I pushed him though.

Edo Animus
Feb 19, 2011

Date tres dies mihi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki1xxNo9pv8

And now, the thrilling conclusion of the Nook of Kudges!

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

I'm not sure you guys get enough praise for the LPs you do. Or at least that's what I'd gather from the view counts and the relatively low amount of posts in here. So have some praise: Please never stop making LPs. :) You two have great chemistry, and a knack for making even the longer videos interesting and/or amusing. I don't think you two have even really "lost" anything in the transition to the pre-recorded format. If anything, the added brevity and the ability to think of wisecracks beforehand adds even more. It's also clear that you put a huge amount of effort into these, both in playing and knowing the game, and in production. You don't simply hit record and spit out a new video.

I seriously look forward to when your videos get posted, and this latest one's even better since it comes smack dab in the middle of a holiday dearth of YT content. Thanks guys!

(p.s. I love how David never laughs at your awful jokes)

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
As far as I am concerned the Jeff and David show is pretty much perfect at the moment, I am content to sit back and bask in its brilliance.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
David, if you don't watch Pacific Rim I will find you and make you. :mad:

LiquidRain posted:

I'm not sure you guys get enough praise for the LPs you do. Or at least that's what I'd gather from the view counts and the relatively low amount of posts in here.

Yeah, you guys are one of the few LPers who I actually watch despite the games you're playing; I wasn't really interested in watching a Syndicate LP, for example, but ended up watching the whole thing because you two were doing it.

Keep up the great work, guys. :D

jaydee864
Aug 15, 2010

Life is such a drag when the whole world's falling apart
By the way, the Triple Lindy achievement is a reference to a Rodney Dangerfield movie called Back to School. It's a shame the achievement doesn't make you replicate the movie exactly (if the developers had rearranged the geometry a little bit it'd be doable), but I imagine that'd be a little bit more esoteric for people to figure out :shrug:

On the other hand, if they really wanted to go all-out with it, they'd not only make you replicate the movie scene, they'd temporarily replace Death's model with that of an 80's stuntman that only barely looks like Death while you do it. That would be amazing.

Also, I agree with the above posters. You guys are top notch LPers.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Chiming in to say that I, too, love your LPs.

I'm just usually too lazy busy with important stuff to take the time to comment.

dpkg chopra fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 30, 2013

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Didn't Taco Bell actually sell Mountain Dew + OJ as a breakfast drink?

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Wiseblood posted:

Didn't Taco Bell actually sell Mountain Dew + OJ as a breakfast drink?

Mountain Dew actually has orange juice as an ingredient. You can taste it better in the throwback version. Adding more makes perfect sense. It probably looks gross, though.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Don't worry, you simply need to play horrifyingly bad and get lost a lot so people shout at the video, show hours of boring tedium or say incredibly off-kilter opinions ("what's the deal with <popular media>, it sucks!") or play pokemon/final fantasy/sonic, that'll really get the thread derails rolling!

On second thought, please don't change a thing.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 30, 2013

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

You two are great and hilarious. Definitely going to keep following your work in the future.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Edo Animus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki1xxNo9pv8

And now, the thrilling conclusion of the Nook of Kudges!

Well, they WOULD be top-flight LPers if they would give the right proportions for the DewDriver. Because, you know, you don't want to get the recipe wrong and finding it out myself would be, well, :effort:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah, I think these LPs are great. I guess they're just so thorough there's not really that much to add?

Reive
May 21, 2009

Lotish posted:

Yeah, I think these LPs are great. I guess they're just so thorough there's not really that much to add?

My thoughts exactly, I can never think of anything to say because it's usually already covered.
Stop being so good at informative comedic LPs guys! :v:

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
I love these LPs, but you know what I would love more? A scare cam.

GuardMomHeart
Mar 2, 2011

The hair is always watching...

Veyrall posted:

I love these LPs, but you know what I would love more? A scare cam.

You know, if Jeff actually ever manages to get me to LP a survival horror game, that might be a fun gag for a video or two. My reactions were apparently one of the best parts for him when I played through Silent Hill 2 and 3. I never stop freaking out, as it turns out.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Darksiders/Darksiders 2 are 75% off on steam until Friday. They've also got a bundle deal that cuts the price even more if you buy Everything.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Kurieg posted:

Darksiders/Darksiders 2 are 75% off on steam until Friday. They've also got a bundle deal that cuts the price even more if you buy Everything.

Thanks for mentioning it. I went ahead and sprung for it myself. Now any of the threads weapon names they don't use I can.

Edo Animus
Feb 19, 2011

Date tres dies mihi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AeWurFoq60

It's time to finish the fight with the corrupted Guardian. First, though, we have to actually get into the boss arena - a feat not accomplished lightly after swimming in the air.

Here's a link to the awesome battle music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4lwpYLlVvM

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
The things you do to this poor game.

Reive
May 21, 2009

I'm in tears laughing over how you unintentionally broke the game in a different way after specifically breaking the game in another way.
Also The Guardian music is so goddamn good, loving love Jesper Kyd.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Bwahahaha. That was hilarious.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I love how your confusion when things go caddywhompus is completely apparent just through your Death's behavior. Fantastic episode.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Yeah, I loved the whole "Break the game, discover it is REALLY broken, then have to rebreak it to fix it" thing. Priceless.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I love this LP. Darksiders 2 bored me to tears, so I never even half finished it, but the terrible things you do to this poor game keep making me come back for more. "Game breakage overflow" is definitely a new high point.

[edit] And yes, the Guardian fight is probably the greatest part of the game. The music, combined the the sheer, ponderous, majestic size of the guardian, really makes you feel like you are fighting an epic, sad and tragic battle against a one-of-a-kind creature. Shadow of the Colossus gave me the same feeling, except, you know, twelve times.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 23, 2014

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm finally playing through Darksiders 2, and just got past the Guardian. It was a great moment, though it took me a few times to figure out how to do the fight. I was somewhat disappointed at the end because I was anticipating a third phase of the boss fight, but it was just a cutscene.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

You guys are great and I wish for you to produce more.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Cardiovorax posted:

I love this LP. Darksiders 2 bored me to tears, so I never even half finished it, but the terrible things you do to this poor game keep making me come back for more. "Game breakage overflow" is definitely a new high point.

[edit] And yes, the Guardian fight is probably the greatest part of the game. The music, combined the the sheer, ponderous, majestic size of the guardian, really makes you feel like you are fighting an epic, sad and tragic battle against a one-of-a-kind creature. Shadow of the Colossus gave me the same feeling, except, you know, twelve times.

You should finish Shadow of the Colossus.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm finally playing through Darksiders 2, and just got past the Guardian. It was a great moment, though it took me a few times to figure out how to do the fight. I was somewhat disappointed at the end because I was anticipating a third phase of the boss fight, but it was just a cutscene.

Given the setup I'm 90% sure a third phase was originally planned but was cut due to time constraints.

That's the story of this game really :smith: "Something awesome was planned here but it was cut due to time constraints."

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

George posted:

You should finish Shadow of the Colossus.
I really should, but my PS2 broke years ago and PCSX2 gives me weird freeze errors. Maybe one day.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cardiovorax posted:

I really should, but my PS2 broke years ago and PCSX2 gives me weird freeze errors. Maybe one day.

Theres an HD version on PS3 if you have one.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Neruz posted:

Given the setup I'm 90% sure a third phase was originally planned but was cut due to time constraints.

That's the story of this game really :smith: "Something awesome was planned here but it was cut due to time constraints."

What's incredible is that despite that, there's still a poo poo-ton of content. Which makes the obvious content cuts like the end of this fight that much more jarring.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Later you get entire worlds that have been completely eviscerated to the point where they're an entry point, a merchant and a straight road to the only dungeon there. I hope somebody makes a Darksiders 2: The other 2/3rds of the game Edition" but with no little to no mod tools, most of the cut content not having any ingame assets because last gen console disk space limits and the team being split between an IP graveyard(Nordic) and an EA division headed by a raging idiot(Crytek), that seems rather unlikely.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Asehujiko posted:

Later you get entire worlds that have been completely eviscerated to the point where they're an entry point, a merchant and a straight road to the only dungeon there. I hope somebody makes a Darksiders 2: The other 2/3rds of the game Edition" but with no little to no mod tools, most of the cut content not having any ingame assets because last gen console disk space limits and the team being split between an IP graveyard(Nordic) and an EA division headed by a raging idiot(Crytek), that seems rather unlikely.

Now this I actually don't mind so much. I've gotten to said cut-down worlds, and was starting to think 'will you please get on with it, game?' I may change my opinion once I finish the game, but I appreciate the plot moving along.

yes
Aug 26, 2004

this is a very cool lp, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edo Animus
Feb 19, 2011

Date tres dies mihi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2aL0Fd3OLE

We visit the Tree of Life, get a plot dump, meet the main villain, meet a new merchant, get told to collect three new types of collectibles, manage to find two other types along the way, open some chests we're not supposed to, and finally find one of Thane's assassination targets.

I hope y'all like the Kingdom of the Dead, because we're going to be here for a while.

Absalom is one of the nephilim like Death and War that in times past tried to seize Eden. Death was opposed to this and killed them all. Now their souls are trapped in his chest. Absalom is now the personification of Corruption and gives Death an antagonist and the game a last boss. Absalom is a biblical name, he was the third of King David's sons as outlined in 2 Samuel. He is voiced by Simon Templeman who you may recognize as the voice of Kain from many of the Soul Reaver games, Loghain from Dragon Age or the Blacksmith from Diablo 3 among others.

Ostegoth is Death's store in the Kingdom of the Dead. He's got a great grizzly voice, some good lines and introduces another tier of collectibles - relics. He is voiced by Nick Jameson who has done voices for a number of Tim Schaffer games including Full Throttle, Psychonauts and Broken Age.

Edo Animus fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 30, 2014

• Locked thread