Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

TacticalGranny posted:

Re: the earlier comment about hosted shows - I was listening to Sheffield station while driving, and the radio host read a comment they had just gotten in. It was from a man in Costa Rica, who said he was playing ETS2 and liked listening to their station during the game. I was a little surprised that it wasn't just me at that exact place/time.

That's awesome. Hasn't :sax: HotMixRadioooo :sax: given a shout-out to the ETS2 players as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Multitasking adds to the realism of the experience, if I drop my e-cig or whatever I don't pause, I go one handed on my wheel and try to work that poo poo out while flying down the highway like a real trucker would. Just another ludicrous way to have fun with this game.

I'm going to have to print out a real map to keep up that level of realism, aren't I?

Redwinters
Jan 2, 2012

ask me about non-consensual batsex
Can you drive a Peterbuilt 382 or similar? Or are all your trucks silly Volvo and Scanias?

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation
Arrg, I flipped my rig on an offramp and never got the option to teleport to a service station. Well I just started mashing buttons to make something happen and managed to upright myself by pressing 't' which also unhitched my freight. I drove another 300km totally oblivious, not even realizing anything was wrong until I switched the camera to back into the loading dock. All their poo poo is rotting on a freeway somewhere in Germany, I can't get paid or cover the cost of abandoning the job. The firm of Haulin' rear end is no more.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

fisheyel83l posted:

Arrg, I flipped my rig on an offramp and never got the option to teleport to a service station. Well I just started mashing buttons to make something happen and managed to upright myself by pressing 't' which also unhitched my freight. I drove another 300km totally oblivious, not even realizing anything was wrong until I switched the camera to back into the loading dock. All their poo poo is rotting on a freeway somewhere in Germany, I can't get paid or cover the cost of abandoning the job. The firm of Haulin' rear end is no more.

That's like... the most it's possible to gently caress up.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Redwinters posted:

Can you drive a Peterbuilt 382 or similar? Or are all your trucks silly Volvo and Scanias?

Euro Truck Sim.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

fisheyel83l posted:

Obviously you just need to drive in reverse until you find your trailer. :colbert:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

TomR posted:

Unless you think the dog looked better before? I'm not sure. Textures in this are hard to figure out.

You should make it look like a beagle imo.

Redwinters
Jan 2, 2012

Peterbuilt exports to germany :(

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Howard Beale posted:

That's awesome. Hasn't :sax: HotMixRadioooo :sax: given a shout-out to the ETS2 players as well?

Does hotmixradio even have jockeys? I got the impression they were one of those "10,000 songs in a row" syndicated stations that doesn't have any live people on the air ever

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Hotmix radio is good, but I've been listening to :rock:Radio Gothic:rock: for most of my hauls. Nothing else fits my manic trucker style of barreling down the Autobahn at 150kph. :black101:

I can't get TruckSim Map to work correctly for me. I want to be able to hit supersonic speeds on African deserts like you guys are doing. :sigh:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

420 Hamburg Rock n Pop erryday.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Prague's Rock Zone is definitely the best radio station. They keep playing some kind of Czech nu-metal.

Also, coaches are seriously a menace and should be banned from the road. So far they've caused me to get 3 speeding tickets by blocking the camera signs, and I have smacked into the back of 2 of them when they slam on the brakes from 100 to 50km/h.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Redwinters posted:

There's mods for comically oversized American trucks, don't worry.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Gasoline posted:

There's mods for comically oversized American trucks, don't worry.

Sounds like someone has Peterbilt envy. :smug:

Redwinters
Jan 2, 2012

Overwined posted:

Sounds like someone has Peterbilt envy. :smug:

Sounds like it. There is a reason why Peterbilts are considered the best trucks worldwide. :allears:

Except maybe a few models of Kenworths

Redwinters fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 6, 2013

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Why would you drive some bitch-rear end Peterbilt when you can drive a hardcore MAN? :colbert:

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

I'm organizing a weekly contest on Steam for ETS2.

Truckin' Tuesdays!

Play Euro Truck Sim 2 and post your best screenshot as a link in the comment section of the event. Winner gets Player of the Week honors! Rules are in a discussion thread for the Steam group.

TacticalGranny fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 6, 2013

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I crashed into the back of an enemy car that braked suddenly near a level crossing. It then bumped the car in front, which bumped the car in front of it.
All three then proceeded to drive through the level crossing, the second two through the train itself. :stare:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Brillo_Pad posted:

Does hotmixradio even have jockeys? I got the impression they were one of those "10,000 songs in a row" syndicated stations that doesn't have any live people on the air ever

Yeah, HotMix is automated. I'm probably thinking of another station. In the last thread someone mentioned one of the favorite stations had played a set for the ETS2 players listening in. They may have taken requests, too. I think this kind of interaction is awesome. I also like the fact that I can play late at night on the US east coast and listen to Manchester morning drivetime.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Just noticed there is a guide for getting vibration to work with the 360 pad! Seems to work pretty well imo.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=165238623

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

anime and cars posted:

Just noticed there is a guide for getting vibration to work with the 360 pad! Seems to work pretty well imo.

Holy poo poo. This changes everything.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I hope Euro Truck Simulator 3 will have multiplayer, I don't realy want to compete with anyone but just sometimes I want to be at some random crossroad near Munich and shortly before I'm about to cross cause I got the green light, some random pubbie runs over his red-light, shoving some random SUV in front of him madly spamming his horn. And I'll just sit there for a moment, watching him slowly fade out of view range and think to myself 'shine on you crazy diamond' before returning to my daily routine.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Feindfeuer posted:

I hope Euro Truck Simulator 3 will have multiplayer, I don't realy want to compete with anyone but just sometimes I want to be at some random crossroad near Munich and shortly before I'm about to cross cause I got the green light, some random pubbie runs over his red-light, shoving some random SUV in front of him madly spamming his horn. And I'll just sit there for a moment, watching him slowly fade out of view range and think to myself 'shine on you crazy diamond' before returning to my daily routine.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/06/world-of-trucks.html

Feindfeuer posted:

'shine on you crazy diamond'

My most listened to song while Euro trucking. Unrelated to what you said, but Pink Floyd is awesome for driving trucks.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

:staredog:

This is glorious... I need fresh pants.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Will there be an achievement for number of hitchhikers collected?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
All I want out of multiplayer is just a CB mod where you can voicechat with players within a certain range. If they added a voice filter to make everyone's voice sound scratchy as if through a real CB, that would be cool.

Also an idea came to me out of frustration at really the most banal thing. I was annoyed at how the game shot a couple emails at you in the first week or two then BAM, it never gets used again. I though it would be cool if really big, really hard, and really high paying jobs got broadcast through the email. You'd be instructed to get to a certain town within a long-ish timeframe (say 48 hours) to take the job. It could be cool and difficult jobs like trasporting a huge airplane body section on a really long steerable dual or some amazing superlong poo poo that has a tractor at the front AND back. These jobs would only come up once in awhile, be super-lucrative, but also super hard and easy to "fail".

EDIT: Pshh, gently caress you guys and your puny 18-wheelers. I roll with 180 wheels, bitch! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0663asT5xY

EDIT2: I guess it's specifically 576 wheels. So SUCK IT!

EDIT3: And not to leave out our European friends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pmDfDPo3hc

I really hope there's a bumper sticker at the end of that that says "THIS TRUCK MAKES WIDE RIGHT TURNS!"

Overwined fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 7, 2013

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

anime and cars posted:

so there isn't a file for windows 8?

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!

Having read this a couple times, they're being very cryptic in this blog post.
Doesn't say anything about an mmo-type world where you can drive with other folks - it sounds more like Sleeping Dogs-type leaderboards or something.

Then again, changing the game's name for something trivial like that doesn't seem realistic either..

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

WARnold posted:

Doesn't say anything about an mmo-type world where you can drive with other folks - it sounds more like Sleeping Dogs-type leaderboards or something.

Then again, changing the game's name for something trivial like that doesn't seem realistic either..

They also don't imply that they're changing the game's name or anything like that. "World of Trucks" could just be a DLC name. And yeah, I've seen other people speculate that it's just leaderboard and challenge stuff as well and not actual multiplayer gameplay. That's why I asked about this earlier in the thread, I was wondering if SCS ever actually clarified what World of Trucks actually is because right now I'm pretty skeptical.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

Hotmix radio is good, but I've been listening to :rock:Radio Gothic:rock: for most of my hauls. Nothing else fits my manic trucker style of barreling down the Autobahn at 150kph. :black101:

It is the best station. Check out how incredible awesome their website is, http://www.radiogothic.net/

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Overwined posted:

EDIT3: And not to leave out our European friends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pmDfDPo3hc

That guy's jean shorts at the end...

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

Overwined posted:

Looks like a challenge.

keevo posted:

What's everyones highest speed? I managed to reach a little over 180 kph driving a load through the African desert.
Pffft, amateur.

What's your fastest while going through a gas-station (petrol pumping point for all the :britain: bandits out there), while leaning out of your window staring backwards?

edit: Are there any smokies with ears on?

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

WARnold posted:

They use the words meet, interact and compete. I feel like if it was a simple leaderboard it would just be compete. Meet, specifically, suggests to me that there will be some form of multiplayer. I hope, anyway.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Resdfru posted:

They use the words meet, interact and compete. I feel like if it was a simple leaderboard it would just be compete. Meet, specifically, suggests to me that there will be some form of multiplayer. I hope, anyway.

I took it to mean like some kind of chat system. I really don't see anything that specifically implies multiplayer.

edit: I suspect it's just something like NFS's Autolog.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 7, 2013

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'd really like the ability to drive in a goon truck convoy, three trucks wide on the autobahn plowing enemy drivers before us while singing "how far to Ausfarht?".

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
Don't know if it's a big deal for anyone here, and many people already know about it, but I just found out about SoftTH. Because my graphics card did not come with any dual heading software, this is a great (and free) way to have multiple monitors on ETS2 and many other games.

Just dump the .dll file in ETS2 bin directory and run the game. You will be prompted the first time to create a new config file for SoftTH. Then go to graphics and choose the resolution for your multiple monitors eg: 3360x1050 for dual 1680x1050s.

That's it. Obviously there is the issue on dual monitors where the center line will be right down the middle, but it you move the camera a bit off center it's perfect. Triple monitors this is a moot point, but I'm guessing those with triple will have hardware multihead anyway.

Ron Burgundy fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Aug 7, 2013

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Redwinters posted:

Sounds like it. There is a reason why Peterbilts are considered the best trucks worldwide. :allears:

Except maybe a few models of Kenworths

Yep, the whole world, all the way from Austin to Fort Worth.

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!

anime and cars posted:

This works. Thanks for posting it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
Holy poo poo. i upgraded my Volvo with a 1500 HP engine and now my truck is like a sports car, despite the fact that it is hauling a 20 ton trailer. Are trucks even supposed to go more than 170 kmh? :stare:

• Locked thread