Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I have to confess I have no idea what I'm doing and I didn't make the dog model. I found it on a free to use site, so it's not stolen or anything though.

This is the program I managed to make work: https://www.zmodeler3.com/
It costs money on a monthly subscription basis and they make you jump through hoops to get a 14 day trial.

This lets you use blender, which is free, but I couldn't get it to work properly: http://blender2scs.heliohost.org/index.php
Other people use it so I think I'm just doing something wrong.

Both of them seem to have support on various forums for modding the game. I found youtube videos explaining how to work each.

You will need to unpack the base.scs file using a tool from SCS software. It's on the Euro Truck Simulator 2 website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Is there a mod to put a dog in the passenger's seat? I need this.

TomR posted:

I finally got a dog into the cab. He seems to love the rain!

Sweeeeeet. I can already taste dog truck simulator 2.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Now need to mod it so the dog is in the driver's seat.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Okay, I can't animate it due to the way animations in the cab are tied to user inputs. Unless you want the dog to turn it's head when you turn the steeringwheel or something. I've changed the texture and given the dog an eye. I'm pretty happy with it considering. I'll see how much of a pain in the rear end it is to add it to all the trucks. Right now it's just in the Volvo. Also it's only in the left hand drive cabs.

Unless you think the dog looked better before? I'm not sure. Textures in this are hard to figure out.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TomR posted:

Okay, I can't animate it due to the way animations in the cab are tied to user inputs. Unless you want the dog to turn it's head when you turn the steeringwheel or something.

You could make the dog turn its head toward you when you shift your view toward it. Look right and the dog's head moves toward the left. Admittedly it probably won't look particularly great...

Research Unix
Sep 30, 2012

TomR posted:

I have to confess I have no idea what I'm doing and I didn't make the dog model. I found it on a free to use site, so it's not stolen or anything though.

Still impressive and it looks rad.

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

Next, Fiesta Cat will be on the dashboard. The dog with have a top hat and Monocle, and a small poster of Goatse will be on the side wall.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Mistayke posted:

Next, Fiesta Cat will be on the dashboard. The dog with have a top hat and Monocle, and a small poster of Goatse will be on the side wall.

I won't be happy until Goatse is on the side of my trailer :goatsecx: :colbert:

Edit: Speaking of radios, what's the information I need to put in to get Goon Radio working? I don't listen to it much so I don't know if it's still as weird as it was but I figure adding it can't hurt.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 5, 2013

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Has anyone figured out how to get IHeartRadio stations in game? If it's possible at all? I'd like to add some local stations but they all seem to use IHeartRadio and I can't get actual URLs for the streams.

Also, if anyone has a recommendation for English-based classic rock stations that'd be great, I've mostly been listening to a UK station called Absolute Classic Rock, but it's an Internet thing so there aren't DJs and such and it takes me out of the game (my immersion!).

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Cowman posted:

I won't be happy until Goatse is on the side of my trailer :goatsecx: :colbert:

Edit: Speaking of radios, what's the information I need to put in to get Goon Radio working? I don't listen to it much so I don't know if it's still as weird as it was but I figure adding it can't hurt.

this is the contents of my "Livestreams.sii" file:

code:
SiiNunit
{
live_stream_def : _nameless.327E.85C8 {
 stream_data: 198
 stream_data[0]: "http://gbs.fm:8001|GBS-FM - Goon Radio"
 stream_data[1]: "mms://173.193.202.87:83/KickradioPP01|Kickradio - 80's & 90's Hits"
 stream_data[2]: "http://76.73.47.10:8418|NETROCK101 80s & 90s hair metal and new rock"
}

}

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Humerus posted:

Has anyone figured out how to get IHeartRadio stations in game? If it's possible at all? I'd like to add some local stations but they all seem to use IHeartRadio and I can't get actual URLs for the streams.

Also, if anyone has a recommendation for English-based classic rock stations that'd be great, I've mostly been listening to a UK station called Absolute Classic Rock, but it's an Internet thing so there aren't DJs and such and it takes me out of the game (my immersion!).

If you use the ones that are in game (after doing the 'Update from Internet' thing), the ones near the bottom that are preceded by city names are typically hosted shows. I've been listening to the Sheffield station.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I've added a dog to the left hand drive versions of most cabs. The Iveco Hiway didn't want to play nice and made the game crash so I removed it. This also conflicts with any mod that changes the interior of a truck. The real logos mod I have takes the dog away from the Mercedes cabs.

Get the mod here: http://db.tt/ZYjVLLmw (my dropbox)

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp

Ofecks posted:

I don't think my graphics card (GTX 260) supports this game's antialiasing type. Looks jaggedy with it on or off. I can't get the Nvidia control panel settings to make a difference either, oh well. The game looks great otherwise, and I'm a bit surprised at how well it runs on my aging rig.

Today, I found a French 80's radio stream the game was nice enough to include. :allears: Rollin down the motorway with Phil Collins on the speakers, oh yeah.

This is where I'm at. I have a GTX670 and I've read about using nvidia inspector but it still doesn't work. The game is beautiful but the jaggies are *killing* me.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

TomR posted:

I've added a dog to the left hand drive versions of most cabs. The Iveco Hiway didn't want to play nice and made the game crash so I removed it. This also conflicts with any mod that changes the interior of a truck. The real logos mod I have takes the dog away from the Mercedes cabs.

Get the mod here: http://db.tt/ZYjVLLmw (my dropbox)

Top stuff! Now I just need to switch to a left hand drive truck, so that I can have a companion for those lonely nights on the road

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

TjyvTompa posted:

Hope you understand your new purpose in life is to create custom mods for us to use. I'd like 1 dashboard with a filled ashtray, some empty bottles and maybe a spent syringe, chop chop.

Don't forget to fuckin fill the seatwell with Ray's fuckin pissjugs, boys.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Bluedust posted:

This is where I'm at. I have a GTX670 and I've read about using nvidia inspector but it still doesn't work. The game is beautiful but the jaggies are *killing* me.

Try turning off antialiasing and just cranking up the scaling to 200%+

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp

darnon posted:

Try turning off antialiasing and just cranking up the scaling to 200%+

Holy poo poo I figured Scaling was just like normal MMO UI scaling so I never touched it. Thank you!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Well.....got a 50% off coupon for this game so looks like I'll be finally buying it come Friday. What is wrong with me?!??!

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Well.....got a 50% off coupon for this game so looks like I'll be finally buying it come Friday. What is wrong with me?!??!

You have good taste in games, that's what.

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
What does scaling do? I had it at 400% but some of the areas added by map mods started running a little slowly so I went back down to 100, haven't noticed a huge difference in quality.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

spacetimecontinuu posted:

What does scaling do? I had it at 400% but some of the areas added by map mods started running a little slowly so I went back down to 100, haven't noticed a huge difference in quality.

From the way people are talking about it, it's just rendering out the image at a higher resolution and then scaling it down to your window size. A rather inefficient way to do antialiasing, but if it works, it works.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Deanut Pancer posted:

Nice work! Can I order a tacky pine air freshener to hang in the window please.

Fuzzy dice are required.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
But officer, I was only slightly over.

Eric brings in the big bucks with his latest job.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Which truck is this the interior of?

EDIT: Nevermind, Renault Magnum.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
What's everyones highest speed? I managed to reach a little over 180 kph driving a load through the African desert.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

keevo posted:

What's everyones highest speed? I managed to reach a little over 180 kph driving a load through the African desert.

Around 180 is on the rev limiter with the default gearbox.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Missed my exit!

(He was fine)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

duz posted:

Missed my exit!

(He was fine)
eurotrucksimulator2.gif right there, really.

Well, it would be if it weren't for the explosion, or if ETS2 featured explosions. (Why does ETS2 not feature explosions? :torgue:)

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 5, 2013

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The exit sign is really appropriate.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Looks like he hit the exit pretty good, I'd say. :mmmhmm:

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!
Hey Folks,

here's another (7x) trip video I whipped up yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNMSnoB3u_I

der_rudi
Dec 26, 2012
So when you get bored on the long trips, start playing with your phone and crash, you're playing the game correct right? :)

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I installed the improved engines mod and bought the 1500 hp one.

:stare:

I didn't realize a truck could go that fast.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Captain Novolin posted:

There's an old aviation saying that goes something like (and forgive me if I didn't get it exactly right): "Even a brick can fly if you give it enough thrust".

Still loving the DFGT wheel rig, it's good fun.

Re: the earlier comment about hosted shows - I was listening to Sheffield station while driving, and the radio host read a comment they had just gotten in. It was from a man in Costa Rica, who said he was playing ETS2 and liked listening to their station during the game. I was a little surprised that it wasn't just me at that exact place/time.

Parked at a service station before exiting the game... I liked the scenery.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Megadyptes posted:

So there I was driving from Germany to Portugal via France, Switzerland for some reason and Spain thanks to the TSM mod when I spotted something in the tree line...

:xcom:

I think that's a reference to a Louis De Funes comedy from the 80s, Le gendarme et les extra-terrestres :)

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Pretty sure I saw a few of those flying around in Northern Africa as well.

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008

Captain Novolin posted:

Download a skin and paint it garish neon red/pink. Install a sound pack for a V8 Scania and buy the 1000hp V8. Speed across the African desert. I wont have anymore issues climbing hills at 6 mph.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

der_rudi posted:

So when you get bored on the long trips, start playing with your phone and crash, you're playing the game correct right? :)

Multitasking adds to the realism of the experience, if I drop my e-cig or whatever I don't pause, I go one handed on my wheel and try to work that poo poo out while flying down the highway like a real trucker would. Just another ludicrous way to have fun with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

keevo posted:

124mph (198kph). It was scary.

• Locked thread