Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

A question: What is that whole World of Trucks thing they talked about? Have they ever elaborated on that beyond their vague announcement?

From what I gather it is two fold.

First and foremost it is a multiplayer version of this game. They haven't gone into detail but they did mention that it will be multiplayer so whether it will be a main central server where everyone is on the same map or lots of smaller private servers I don't know.

Secondly I think (and I'm speculating here so I could be wrong) that their final goal is to have more than just Europe on this game, hence "World of Trucks."

They did mention some blog posts back that they eventually want to create a huge truck game where you can drive a virtual truck anywhere in the world with friends in some sort of "social" setting, or something like that!

Still, nice OP, OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Don't forget the huge LED lit Leeds United crest sign on the internal back wall of your cab! Or whatever football team you support I guess.

Also if the "brummie introducing dad-rock" is the station I think it is, Kerrang is no longer based in Birmingham as the company that owns them thinks Fall Out Boy and Muse are too current for the West Midlands so they've replaced it with the UKs best dad-rock station, Planet Rock! Not that I'm bitter or anything...:argh:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

simosimo posted:

Is there a way to change your starting town? I started in Italy because I wanted to go to Africa , but didn't realise you'd originate there for every job.

I'm still on the 'driver' bit of the game so hopin I can just change a notepad entry??

You don't have to start there. Before you buy your own truck you can pick up a load in any town you have visited. The same goes after you've brought your own truck.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I like how you still earned a fair wad of cash, despite nearly completely destroying the cargo!

Also I don't like being on holiday/vacation as it means I'm away from some hardcore trucking. Still, I am driving around France at the moment so I get to see lots of trucks and say to myself "I've driven that," "I've put lots of lights on that," "I've crashed into that," etc.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Press F4 in game and select both auxiliary lights. You and the enemy cars will thank me later!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
According to the latest blog post, the DLC will be out in September time. According to the guy that wrote the post, a polish blogger, the map really shows off more of Poland, including the fact that the motorways will suddenly stop and give way to country roads. He said its not perfect but there were less bugs than he was expecting and that people should like it.

Be that as it may, I'll still be rocking the TSM map, even if it isn't as great as the developer's efforts. Unless SCS add North Africa I and buyin'. :colbert:

Ok, maybe I will, but only to support them!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
After spending over a week driving around Brittany on holiday I would also like such a mod. It would also help if they recreated how annoying it is to go through toll gate after toll gate!

Also, I tried the Scandinavia mod yesterday and from what I saw it's very good. I'm impressed, especially with some of the custom highway interchanges. It did start crashing to desktop on me though, which was a bit annoying.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Speaking of driving down the real world roads used in the game and ~My Immersion~, I'm disappointed they didn't include the French A1 in the game, complete with the huge toll station north of Paris and confused Brits driving round in circles trying to find the "cartes" lane!

I've been playing more of that Scandinavia mod and I've noticed that the game will crash whenever you're in a city, which is kind of a problem considering that's where you drop off your load. Cool mod though.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

e: Who the gently caress puts a million goddamn miles of single-lane tunnels as the only direct route between two major cities?

Switzerland, that's who! Why see the Alps when you could just drive straight through them!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Well, except the 140km/h bit. Our speed limit isn't 90mph (not officially anyway ;-) ).

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Kilonum posted:

Try the torrent in the OP :D

EDIT: Currently playing 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker 2. Let's just leave it at SCS has come a long way since that game.

You should try 18WOS: American Long Haul. It was the last of the American truck series they did before the first Euro Truck game and it's even more dated! This was back in the days when they didn't bother with fixing bugs because only 200 people brought the game (including me)!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
You are doing us a wonderful service, Familiar Foreigner. You will be remembered when I destroy a queue of enemy cars whilst listening to Duran Duran!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Doesn't stop some of the Polish drivers who find themselves in Birmingham after driving for 38 hours straight without sleeping! I think there was an incident where one such truck driver ended up driving the wrong way down the M6 for about 10 miles before the police noticed.

Also, I've just realised this is the best Podcast Listening game. You can just kick back, listen to someone yammer on about nothing whilst you get annoyed that the enemy car you were tailgating stopped dead in front of you for no reason causing your truck to mate him in front of all the other enemy vehicles!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

anime and cars posted:

I'll probably buy the expansion but honestly it seems like its only a few extra towns? I think the tsm map has spoiled me

Well, according to their blog, there will be about 13 towns covering 3 countries, with Hungary being the new country so it will be fairly substantial!

Hopefully they will have gone a bit lower than the €10 asking price but we'll see...

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Get the Scandinavia mod. It works with any save and won't mess poo poo up. It does tend to crash to desktop on me whenever I go through Oslo, though.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Poil posted:

My guess would be that they don't pay any licensing and instead make some sort of deal where it counts as advertising. But I could be wrong.

One of their previous games was a blatant advertisement for Scania so there's that.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I'm very surprised with how much more pretty TSM 4.0 looks over 3.5! They seem to have added a bit more detail into the new bits of the map, especially in Eastern Europe. There is also the fact that you don't get fined for running red lights in Crete, I just found out!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Apparently the DLC has gone "gold" so it should be out later this month. Also check out this fan made trailer of the DLC! I'm impressed, even if some of the YouTube commenters (I know...) aren't.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Weigh stations will be a brand new form of bullshit for everyone to experience. :allears:

Not to mention American highways and their drivers. :ohdear:

They had weigh stations in the old 18 wheels of steel truck games so I don't see why they won't be in the proposed American Truck Simulator.

In fact, if they just use the map from the last 18WOS America game and us the ETS2 graphics then I'd be fine with that!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Regarding the UK map being a mess, tell me about it! As a road geek I am appauled at how crap it is and how badly they did the junctions. For example, the M4/M5 junction is a four level stack in real life, not the lovely double trumpet or what ever it is in this game!

I better stop before I get all :goonsay: about it.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
There's a slider in the gameplay options (I think) that changes your chance of rain. Rain is also fog in this game and I think it's set to really low by default.

I think. :downs:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

warcake posted:

The inaccuracies of the volvo truck bothers me, I want to make a spergy post so they can fix all the things I've found wrong.

The dash back lighting is not that colour! :argh:

(I am a volvo tech not a spotter heh)

Check one of the many mod sites. Someone as spergy as you but with access to Zmoddler and some spare time has probably made a very accurate Volvo truck, complete with interior!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
As long as the new and improved AI means the enemy vehicles pose more of a challenge than just randomly stopping or pulling into your lane then I say bring it! Also the virtual trucking company thing will at least feed the appetite for spreadsheets.

Also also, free trucks is always a plus, as long as it includes official Mercedes support! :getin:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
The bus sim thing was mentioned in a blog post a few months after ETS2 was released. It's a pity it won't be out any time soon but whatever.

I can't wait for the nerdrage when the paid ATS beta comes out and people moan about the bugs!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

anime and cars posted:

Also I made another video with music that everyone hates apart from me!

Look, anyone who hates UK Garage is not a friend of mine and clearly doesn't appreciate good UK Bass music. :colbert:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I saw a Mitzibushi Evo (new version) whilst driving around. I'm not sure if I saw anything else but there was that at least.

Also I've just brought the Going East DLC with that 20% off coupon. Gonna be in for the long haul tomorrow! :getin:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

ukle posted:

They will be getting into the office about now, so if they have been sent them, then they should be available soon one would hope.

I hear the delivery guy got into some difficulty getting it to the office. Apparently there were some cars in the way so he just ploughed straight through them with his brights on whilst blasting some 80s French new rave. That would've been fine except he totalled his truck!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Just got the activation key from GMG! Just a pity I'm out at the moment. Urge to truck, rising!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

They are much slower, I've found. Especially ones that go through mountainous terrain. But for the ones that don't you still are limited by at most a 90kph speed limit and most of the time are going much slower because the cars ahead of you are slow, and passing isn't always easy in a truck. On the proper highways, you can often go at 110-120kph and traffic is way less of a limiting factor.

I'm sorry but if you aren't overtaking slow cars round a hairpin bend with your 800000000 brights on you're doing it wrong. :colbert:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
The AI could barely handle a normal roundabout. I think the game would crash out of sympathy because of that wonderful piece of British engineering! :stare::hf::britain:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Vitamins posted:

Whoa I'm surprised I've never heard of that thing.
So that's five mini roundabouts surrounding an anti-clockwise roundabout?! Anti-clockwise roundabout in England just doesn't make sense at all. :psyduck:

It's almost as bad as those junctions you get in the US where you end up driving on the wrong side of the road for whatever reason. I hope they make it into ATS!

The central "roundabout" isn't anti-clockwise. It's more an omni-direction roundabout, as you can go round that thing any way you like. It just makes it easier when you want to turn right because screw driving round 4 mini roundabouts the proper way!

Speaking of ATS, I just want them to put double decker freeways into the game so someone can mod in the Embarcadero Freeway!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
It WAS one big circular roundabout, as stated here!

This is why I can't get girls, because I am too much of a road geek! :smithicide:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

anime and cars posted:

Honestly though some drivers over here seem to have no idea how to use a roundabout, especialy the large multilane ones with multiple sets of trafficlights. My favorite one is the person that sits in the far left lane all the way round to take the 3rd or 4th exit :downsbravo:

Or the person that doesn't know what lane to be in so they'll go from lane 4 to lane 1 cutting you up in the process! :argh:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
gently caress the AI, that new Volvo FH series looks BEAST! Also, if the skin on that new truck is anything to go by, we may get it at the end of the month. Finally you ALL will have a reason to go Volvo! :getin:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

siggy2021 posted:

We need some sort of online multiplayer ETS and Papers, Please combo.

"I'm sorry, but according to your records you only drove into 30 cars on your way here. The government regulated amount of RTC's we'll accept here in Poland is 50+. I'm afraid your trailer full of explosives and fleeing Syrians will have to remain in the parking area and you will have to turn around!"

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

anime and cars posted:

Maybe someone can make a mod where the eurotunnel gets inexplicably delayed for 3 days as the French are on ANOTHER strike so you have have nothing to do but to park on the M20 and wait until the French get bored and the queue starts moving again!

Fixed that for you!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
By the looks of things they will be slowly working their way up to Massively Multiplayer Truckline or whatever but the new Photomode sounds like fun. Should make the photo competition going on in the Steam group more fun anyway! :getin:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
So, if you like your trucking games and want one that's based in California and you want a game where they developer spent 99% of the time getting the road junctions to look as close to the real life counterparts as possible then 1% of the time on the actual game part of the game, then you can buy Rig'n'Roll on Steam now as it's 75% off all week!

Do be warned though, compared to ETS2 it's terrible due to graphics that look awful, more bugs than you know what to do with and a surprisingly good police force that will arrest you even if another car drives into you!

Oh, and there's the "story," which really doesn't belong in a game where you are essentially hauling poo poo across California!

And yes, I have played ~40 hours of it! :negative:

MyFaceBeHi fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 14, 2013

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I've just tried the realistic fuel consumption thing and it doesn't seem to do much from what I can see. It may mean that idling (e.g. waiting at a stop light, etc.) will use up fuel but I haven't stopped at a traffic light long enough to test that out.

The Photomode thing is cool. Means we can add Depth of Field to our pictures of utter carnage! I'm also glad that this update hasn't affected any of the mods I have installed. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Eh, whilst we are whoring out our photos I guess I'll share mine. they need to add either a "friend" or "group" or "company" feature or something!

• Locked thread