Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

TacticalGranny posted:

This is also on a Wheel Stand Pro, which I can say is quite solidly built and very nice to have. All in, it's about a $250 rig that I'm using for free. Even if I had paid for it, that's a good wheel and a nice stand that is still less than a G27 alone. I definitely enjoy it with the wheel. The DFGT also has enough buttons where I can map a whole load of things to easy reach.
I'm using the same setup and it works great, I bought it mainly for Gran Turismo 5, but I've probably spent more time using it for trucking (and being crap at iRacing, but mostly for trucking). The DFGT obviously isn't as good as something like a G27 due to the reasons you mentioned and the pedals are a bit flimsy, but it gets the job done and wasn't too pricey.

The Wheel Stand Pro actually comes with a couple of metal plates you can use to secure the pedals in place with some screws and little rubber feet, which is nice in theory but lasted about two laps into my first GT5 race (the sticky part came off the rubber feet so you could no longer attach them to anything). Fortunately the pedals don't slide around anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Did someone mention truck crashes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lLjBv44QQc

No one was hurt. Also, that thumbnail for "Truck Crash Compilation 2013" in the related videos looks... interesting. :stare:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

TjyvTompa posted:

I don't see any download links anywhere, do you have to register on the forum?
Apparently so. They also say on their facebook page that posting direct download links breaches their terms for some reason.

I want to drive around Finland in ETS2 so I guess I'll have to register at some point. :effort:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Did my first run in TSM, hauling a couple of diggers from Bratislava to Kastoria. Thought I'd take a few pictures on the way.

Everything starts off well when a whole bunch of enemy cars decide to be assholes and refuse to move anywhere. :ughh:

Fortunately, professional truck driver EDGE MAVERICK of the Trucking Bell company has powers over time and space, so after some convenient reality shifting we're trucking along again. Unfortunately, EDGE MAVERICK's reality-bending powers seem to have had some... side effects (not pictured: speed limit sign textures on walls and mountain sides). :ohdear:

After some more reality shifts, we manage to get the world to look slightly less :catdrugs: again. The lines on the road would keep turning black throughout the trip, and at some point I just decided to stop caring.

Aw gently caress, not again. At least it's nice and colorful and stuff to keep us awake while we search for a rest stop.

Had to load my save a couple of times because none of the rest stops here would loving work. Eventually I managed to find one that did, but getting out of there was going to be a bitch and a half. (Note the enemy car who decides to be an rear end in a top hat and stop right next to me. loving idiot.) All together now:

ON THE ROAD AGAIN
JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GET ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Ah, that's better. We got some nice beaches and mountain roads and the rest of the trip goes fairly smoothly aside from a few minor incidents.

I managed much better parking jobs here but they weren't accepted. This was after I said "gently caress it" and just jammed the thing in there while flailing around like an idiot. :downs:

"Satisfactory"? Assholes, that was a perfectly fine delivery and I only hit a few things along the way.

--

So yeah, that was a lot of fun and the new map is awesome. The graphics issues kinda sucked and ruined MY IMMERSION, though, is there something I can do about them?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

For some reason, I didn't see any graphics problems during my second TSM run, this time from Bratislava to Dortmund. :iiam: Maybe I won't uninstall this just yet.

Also :shepicide::

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Could Italy possibly make their off-ramps any more narrow? I have no idea how you're supposed to get onto one of these without hitting something with the trailer. You can't even drive on the grass because you'll hit the light pole.

Driving around Africa was fun, but not really something I want to do on a regular basis because of all the hills. I thought this section looked scary at first.

Then I came across this just outside Taza. :stonklol:

Ended up with 2% of cargo damage, not sure where it came from though because that off-ramp didn't cause any damage and I don't remember hitting anything else.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

What in the holy mother of gently caress is this

How in God's name am I supposed to fit this thing through here with all the enemy cars stopping right next to me? I guess you're supposed to reverse it there, but again, enemy cars getting in the way. :argh:

Yeah, I autoparked that poo poo like a wuss but jesus christ.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

You just started turning too soon. It's the same as making a left turn at an intersection without spilling off the road/into another lane.
Yeah, I didn't expect it to be quite that narrow. I did try to reverse back out and correct myself and probably would have made it at some point, but since enemy cars have no concept of, well, not loving driving right up to the truck that is parked sideways across the road, I only managed to get myself a couple of crash fines and damage my stuff. Assholes.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Jackass in red Audi: "Well poo poo I guess I should merge RIGHT NOW, I'm sure that truck doing 90 km/h and closing in pretty fast won't mind :downs:"

Luckily for him, I have pretty quick reflexes and just barely managed to swerve to the left without hitting his dumb rear end. I kinda wish I had just rammed him, but that would have damaged my truck and cargo and such a thing just won't do.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Switching to DirectX mode seems to have fixed my graphics issues with TSM, I've now done several jobs without seeing any :catdrugs: texture glitches.

Here's an enemy car failing miserably at overtaking:

Getting stuck behind the truck and minivan for a long-rear end time was pretty annoying, but even I had enough sense not to try and overtake both of them while going uphill.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

So far I've managed to get two of my friends interested in this game. There's no escaping the truck. :getin:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Sanzuo posted:

After playing GTA-likes for years you'd think this would be the case but I find myself stopping at stoplights and signaling during lane changes.

What's wrong with me.
I've played so much ETS2 that when I play GTAV, I occasionally find myself stopping at red lights and generally following the traffic laws. :downs:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Poil posted:

I like fog. :3:
Did you ever get back from your trip to Silent Hill? :ohdear:

Wouldn't be the first time a truck driver gets stuck there for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

long gone posted:

Since we're discussing controls, does anyone know of any wheels + pedals that won't break the bank? I will probably use them for ETS2 exclusively so i don't want to shell out too much.
Logitech Driving Force GT is usually recommended as an entry-level wheel. I use it with ETS2, Gran Turismo 5 and iRacing and it works great, the only drawback is the lack of a clutch pedal (and H-shifter, if you care for that sort of thing). I paid about 100 euros for this thing and couldn't be happier with it.

• Locked thread