Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

MONSTER HEARTS: TEENAGE MONSTER DRAMA BULLSHIT I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST YEAR

PCs:

Chloe Caraway

Emmet Lowe

Melanie Lin

Guy Smith

Bella Marsden

Richard Beck

NPCs:

Mia, class, 2nd generation taiwanese, lives in chinatown, Melanie's friend, kind of scary
Devon, still works at Scratched Vinyl, Chloe's friend
Nancy, Chloe's 'sell-out' cousin, going to law school, gave Chloe first cigarette
Janet, place-faerie of Janet's foss, sort of Iris's friend
Paul Bendis, trailer park, 'pack alpha', neo-nazi jerk
Corey Bendis, trailer park, up-and-coming neo-nazi jerk
Mrs. Caraway, Chloe's mother, disapproves of Chloe's everything
Dr. Dabrowsky, art dealer, Emmet's guardian
Josh, 'taiwanese weaboo'
Leela, class, pothead
Nessa, uses a wheelchair, doesn't like Guy at all due to differing cultural norms
Claire Beaumont, class, Stephanie's friend, good at poker, queer, mother died under mysterious circumstances last year
Wang Mei-lin, bullied Melanie back in Taiwain, was expelled
Keith Summers, local homeless guy, has something against Chloe
Lou, former local homeless guy
Maybelle, class, terrified of Melanie
Kyle, class, Leela's newest squeeze
Smitty Bendis, junkyard, estranged from clan
Ingo Wells, toymaker, occultist, tried to kidnap Emmet and but didn't and then left town for unknown reasons. Came back just recently; dead?
Mr. Lewis, vice principal
Liza Beaumont, Claire's mother, abusive, dead
Mr. Hansel, home room teacher.
Yorick Lloyd, class, faints whenever Bella locks eyes with him (???)
Delilah Reed, Bella's mother
Jenny Beck, Richard's sister, emo math girl, tried to ask Guy out
Jasmine Klarich, disappeared
Jeremie Tylers, class, homophobe, responded badly to Guy, 1 string on Chloe
John Johnson and Mike ???, Guy's faux parental units (apparently aliens don't understand surnames?)
Jessica "Coronary" Connors, class, girl can loving eat
Francis Viglione, class, knows more about Bella than he should, wants to know more
Mike Waters, school counselor, overly interested in Emmet, 1 string on Emmet
Bill Reagan, rich kid, new money in town, rides motorcycle, got into an 'accident' thanks to Richard
Denise Thompson, class, cheerleader, slightly crazy, 1 string on Melanie
??? Bendis, thinks Richard is hot

Locations:

Moreau High
- Room 113
- Library
- Halls
Scratched Vinyl
Trailer Park
Caraway Residence
Janet's Foss
Walmart Parking Lot
Junkyard
The Wrecked Party
Starbucks
Bella's House
Mr. Dabrowsky's Place

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We're halfway through Friday. A few more hours before we can all say goodbye to thinking about school for a couple days, unless you're a total nerd anyway. The school seems... emptier than it was last year, if you were around then. Man, what happened?

Emmet, you're supposed to be in class. So uh, what are you doing in the library? Who are you talking to, why are they unhappy with you, and why are they not where they're supposed to be either?

Bella, it's been a rough day. How do you feel about that? Mind telling us who's been making it that way? How do you feel about them?

Richard, who did you just stuff into a locker how's the roads today? Oh poo poo, wait, wrong question to ask. Ow, that looked painful. Who just made you wipe out and bite the pavement? What do you plan on doing about it? And what were you thinking about that got you distracted enough that you couldn't react faster?

Melanie, Chloe just sat down next to you in class, teacher's not here yet. Somebody in the row behind you just muttered something about "dykes" and snickered. Who was it? What do you do?

Chloe, why'd you choose to sit there? How much have you and Melanie managed to clear up concerning your apparent current status and last year? What do you do?

Guy, you just received a message from John. He wants you to bring home something that's going to be annoying to acquire at best and fairly illegal at worst. What is it? Who were you talking to before the message interrupted you? What about?

Something's odd about the weather today. Whoever takes dibs on this can answer. No biblical plague weather, just something vaguely off :v:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Melanie Lin

Tollymain posted:

Melanie, Chloe just sat down next to you in class, teacher's not here yet. Somebody in the row behind you just muttered something about "dykes" and snickered. Who was it? What do you do?

Jeremie Tylers. I don't even have to look, I know he has been laughing behind my back for the past week. I don't what his loving deal is, but I'm going to take a guess that he saw all the pictures I posted on my blog. What the hell was I thinking?

I know, I've being called a lot of things ever since I first stepped into this stupid school. Most of them are pretty racist and dumb. I expect it coming here, so gently caress them, whatever, they don't know me. But this... this one is different. Uncomfortable. I can't shrug it off like I always do, because the evidence is all over my phone. And on Chloe too. You know, the one sitting next to me right now, making me feel really awkward right now?

I just lower my head. It's been a long time since I felt this embarrassed. "Oh, hi. Weren't we going to talk after school?" I thought she wanted to play it cool and not make us look worse, but there must be a good reason why she's approaching me now, right?

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Bella Marsden

Tollymain posted:

Bella, it's been a rough day. How do you feel about that? Mind telling us who's been making it that way? How do you feel about them?

Something's odd about the weather today. Whoever takes dibs on this can answer. No biblical plague weather, just something vaguely off :v:

I'm exhausted, is how I feel about that. I mean, the hours on hours of thunderstorms last night made sure I couldn't sleep a wink, and then there's the constant rain today that's almost toasty warm despite it being one of the coldest days of the fall so far. And on top of that, there's Francis. Francis is...well, he's Francis. He's a sweet boy, really. He means well. Most of the time. But the combination of his spoiled upbringing, and his self-proclaimed "understanding of the world as it truly is" makes him very obnoxious. For some reason, he's keyed onto the fact that I'm a witch. Keeps trying to get me to show him some things. Or worse, teach him.

Of course, I'm very adamant about my being a perfectly normal girl, but he's not taking no for an answer. The very moment he sees I'm alone, he tries to corner me and badger me about magic. I never thought it would be possible for somebody to be so goddamn stubborn. Fortunately for me, he's not very good at cornering people. I give him the slip, most of the time. But of course, he's sitting right next to me in class at the moment, which means I can't go anywhere. So I ignore his urgently whispered questions and concentrate on my homework. It's the best I can do, given the situation.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Guy Smith the Visitor
XP: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: MHS Hallways

That piercing sudden sound fills the air, assaulting our ears, and signals the end of Mrs. Jacksons Advanced Placement Calculus class. Theres something so harsh and shrill about it that always causes me to cringe. And of course everyone else is so apprehensively ready for it. The rest of the class so eagerly flees a scene of mathematical carnage, integrals and derivatives, and raw formulas etched crudely on the chalk board. How can a childs puzzle instill so much terror?

I take my leave of the classroom but I am blocked by a classmate strategically lingering in the door frame. It is human designate Jenny Beck. Hey. Shes addressing me, but Im not sure how she can really see me with half of her hair mass clearly blocking her visual range. As an interesting aside, she has one of the rarest colorings of human hair I have ever encountered thus far. A majority of it is jet black but there are bits of other shades as well, ten percent red and twelve percent blue to be exact. Interesting genetics on this one.

Remember to smile. Humans always like that. So I smile. Hello classmate Jenny.

Shes now clearly looking down at the floor and not at me. I glance downward as well but dont see anything interesting. Class was so...difficult..uhh I mean boring. I was wondering... She pauses. Why? Surely her thought must be complete and processed by now. Pauses are not needed. Did you want to get together later to like compare notes...or something? She finally finished.

What a strange request. I crane my neck eerily to the side. Oops. Not too far. I have to be careful to remember that the human neck can only bend to about forty-five degrees. And without a skeletal structure of my own, I dont have such limitations. I correct myself almost immediately and continue to stare ahead intently at her, even though shes not bothering to meet my gaze.

That would not be possible, Jenny. I dont take notes. Thats only partially true. I dont take notes for calculus since I have learned and mastered all of this over two galactic tilts ago. By the One Computer, humans are slow. Calc is my blow off class, to use the vernacular term. Instead I log everything that goes on inside the room. At 1:02, Marc Jenkins sends an encoded message on his mobile device. At 1:03, Carla Redenberry receives an encoded message on her mobile device and giggles. That sort of stuff. Its useful when John or Mike request a stupid status report with a minimum word count and I have fresh garbage with which to fill it in. Plus I doubt very much Jenny can read the native tongue of my species. As such, my notes are indeed worthless to her.

I have observed you taking impeccable notes, Jenny. I assure you, you have all the required information for the present assignment. I add. She finally brushes her hair aside and looks at me proper, but her expression is one of annoyance and disbelief. Hey, I gave her a compliment! She merely shakes her head and turns to walk hurriedly away without properly ending our conversation.

My phone vibrates, alerting me to a new official communiqu. No one has my number except John and Mike, so it has to be one of them. Great, now what?

>>FROM: John Johnson
>> Many honors to you and your Hatchling Brood, Sub-Adjunct Zrykx. The official word from command is that they are having issues with the bio-recombinator and production of your sister unit is halted. They are requesting a fresh DNA sample from a human female in order to proceed. Blood is preferable. Extract, acquire, and deliver this sample as soon as possible.

By the One-loving-Computer, blessed be its dumb rear end core, how exactly am I supposed to accomplish that? I sigh. People say that it relieves tension. Its not working. I dont really know any females. I stare down the crowded hallway to catch a glimpse of the curious Jenny Beck disappearing into the masses. If only this message had been received moments before, I could have possibly acted on the opportunity. Oh well, on to the next class, French. I loving hate that class.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Chloe Caraway

Shut Down the homophobe: 2d6-1=5

Off to a great start already.

I raise my hand and flip the rear end in a top hat off without bothering to turn around. "Yeah, your mom's sure as gently caress not complaining, Jeremie," I say loudly. Really, though, I am not okay with this situation at all. I wouldn't have described myself as... 'in the closet', before. Just, I didn't feel the need to talk about me liking chicks 24/7, or march in a goddamn parade, or getting tacky little rainbow stickers for my car. Or mentioning it to anyone ever. Fuckfuckfuck how did this happen? Okay, try to ignore whatever the hell Jeremie is going to try to say back to that, because I don't want to smash a dude's face in this early in the morning.

"... do you want me to leave?" I ask Melanie, hopefully quiet enough that she's the only one who can hear me. We haven't really cleared a lot up; we both have pictures, she has that blog of hers or whatever. So, like, we know some details about what we supposedly did, but a lot of that poo poo does not look or sound a whole lot like me, so I have no idea what's going on. Why did I sit by her? Dammit, I don't loving know. This poo poo is confusing, okay? I don't need to answer your loving questions if I don't want to.

She is sitting with Melanie because she does not want to be 'alone' with her emotions at present and is unlikely to admit to that internally.

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 5, 2013

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Emmet Lowe

"Emmet, you must meet me half-way on this! I want to help you, truly, I do, but I cannot do that unless you want me to help!"

"I am trying to, sir..."

"You don't need to call me 'sir' or 'councilor' or anything like that. I'm your friend, Emmet. Call me Mike, like you would anybody else your age."

"But you are three times my age, si...Councilor Waters."

Councilor Michael Waters is...well, the school councilor. And technically he is supposed to remain in his office by the school nurse and take his appointments there. It is in the school policy handbook, somewhere or other. However, today he has seen fit to pull me out of math class--with the teacher's apparent approval; was Ms. Amala the one who asked for this?--and talk to me over a library table, on the grounds that it is "more comfortable and familiar." Although I am not sure why I need a councilor...

"That doesn't matter, Emmet. Now, I've spoken to Ms. Amala, and she's noted...well, nevermind. Tell me, Emmet, how do you feel?"

"What do you mean, Councilor?" I can see that he has written "Ability to recognize own emotions?..." on his notepad.

"You know, how are you right now. Happy, sad, angry?"

His attempted gregariousness seems rather forced. I lick my lips unconsciously before replying

"Nervous, sir. There is a math test next week and today's material will be included." I try to rise from the table. "Can we perhaps talk later?"

Attempting to shut down Mike so that Emmet can get away from this really creepy forced friendliness. 2d6=4 Nuts.

pre:
Look: Immaculate, Soulless Eyes
Origin: Homunculus

Hot -1+1
Cold 0
Volatile 1
Dark 1

Conditions

A Blank Canvas
When you take an action that embodies one of the Conditions that you have, 
and you allow that Condition to influence your sense of self, cross it
off and add 1 to your roll.

Better Than Nothing
When you gain a Condition, mark experience

Sex Move
After having sex with someone, replace your current sex move with theirs,
adding this sentence to the end of it. 

Darkest Self
Your body is a prison. You dont belong inside of it. You need to put it in harms
way, and make it suffer, just like its made you suffer. Theres got to be a
way to cut yourself out of it. You need to meet your makers, and hold them
accountable for what theyve done to you. To escape your Darkest Self, you
must come face to face with someone who feels more trapped than you do.

My Strings | Strings on Me
Bella: 1|0
Chloe: 0|0
Guy: 0|3
Melanie: 2|1

Wolf?: 0|1
Richard: 2|1
Mr. Waters: 0|1

XP
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 13, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Melanie Lin

"Well, you're already here..." I start to say, then I quickly realize how that harsh that comes off. "...No. You don't have to." As much as Jeremie pisses me off, I don't really want Chloe to leave me with him. Honestly, I don't really want Chloe to leave at all. I still don't know why I feel this way, though. Whoever's screwing my head is just a step away from screwing the rest of my life, if it's not already doing that.

gently caress. I just continue to fume, writing Jeremie Tylers name on my notebook and crossing it out with different-colored glitter pens. I just imagine myself putting some sort of curse on him while doing this. I wish.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Richard Beck

Tollymain posted:

Richard, who did you just stuff into a locker how's the roads today? Oh poo poo, wait, wrong question to ask. Ow, that looked painful. Who just made you wipe out and bite the pavement? What do you plan on doing about it? And what were you thinking about that got you distracted enough that you couldn't react faster?

"Aaaah, god DAMMIT!" Richard swears as he peels himself from the asphalt. "Son of a loving bitch poo poo rear end COCK!"

Richard desperately tries to toss words at the jackass that just peeled in front of him. Seeing the dumbass tattoo on the driver's arm made him realize just who the little fucker was on the motorcycle; Bill fuckin' Reagan. No, he has no relation to that Reagan, but the family might as well be in this town. Bill there was the son of one of the richest men in town, Charles Whittaker Reagan II. The Reagans are new money trying to act like old money, and not a lot of people are rich enough to call them on their facade. They can especially afford to do so now that the Adalwulfs have pulled up stakes.

That didn't matter though. Right now, what mattered was the fact that Bill apparently got a new toy, and was now ripping through town on it like a proper dumbass. Admittedly, Richard was a bit reckless with his driving but god drat man, he at least learned how to ride the Harley before flooring it. Well, somebody had to correct the idiot, and you better believe Richard is up for it. Ignoring the road rashes on him, Richard yanks the Harley upright and swings on, cranking the throttle and chasing after Bill.

Naturally, Richard rather conveniently forgot about the train of thought he was on that got him in this situation. Just a moment ago, he was mentally torn. He was thinking about that...person who keeps staring at him in the trailer park. He was thinking about Jenny, about what he should bring on his next visit over. Strangely though, he was also thinking about what to tell her. He wondered what he could tell her about The Beast, or even if he should say anything at all. She recently almost made a comment on how it seemed like Richard had changed. It made him wonder if she already knew to begin with. On top of that, the drat weather has been acting hosed up lately, been throwing him out of whack. Sometimes he swore he could hear voices in the wind, but that might just be his imagination.

Of course, that doesn't matter. Now all he was thinking about was chasing down and kicking some rich boy rear end.

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 7, 2013

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bella, Francis whispers "C'mon Bella, I can keep your secrets. I'm keeping it secret already!" He looks around the room; looks like he whispered that a little louder than he wanted to. He hisses a last "I know what I saw." and settles back into his chair. Maybe he'll shut up for a bit.

No, wait. He's writing a note on a piece of torn-out notebook paper. He folds it in half and quickly drops it on your desk. Not quickly enough; the kid behind you snickers. The teacher turns around. She doesn't look like she's having a very good day either. "Bella. Is there something funny going on?" What did you do with the note before the teacher saw it? How do you respond?

Emmet, you rolled to shut Mr. Waters down but you didn't tell us how you did it. Can you elaborate?

Richard, the rushing in your ears gives way to the sound of Bill revving his motorcyle. He'd stopped for a second (to make sure you weren't dead? to make sure you were?), but now he's swinging his bike around to take off. As somebody who rides too, you know how fast he's going to peel on out of here, what are you going to do about it?

Guy, French class is pretty full today. Tell us, why do you dislike it? Is there any redeeming factors about it? What do you plan to do about John's relayed orders?

Chloe, Jeremie just laughs louder. poo poo, he knows he struck a nerve. He takes a string on you. You feel a familiar burning in your throat, but the teacher's walking in now. You can't do anything about it now. Still, the smoke is rising up your throat, and you feel...

you feel betrayed. It should be a beautiful moonlit night, but a red glow on the horizon dims the stars. Fire. You hear wolves howling. What game is she playing?

You realize the entire room is staring at you. What do you do?

Melanie, what did Chloe just break? Also, where were you planning on going after class? What do you do?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
I was trying to just "brush him off" nonverbally. Emmet getting up without being asked to is supposed to be him saying "I consider my math class more important than anything you can do for me, so I say this conversation is over, now." Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Emmet, Mr. Waters' voice hardens. "Sit down, Lowe. We are not done talking yet." He starts asking you a barrage of questions about you, your home life, do you have any friends, what do you do outside of school. In the confusion, you let something slip you really shouldn't have. Mr. Waters takes a string on you. What was it? What do you do?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Melanie Lin

Tollymain posted:

Also, where were you planning on going after class?

I planned to go eat out somewhere out of the way and where no one really goes to. So, Mia's restaurant, right? Nah, I can't, 'cause I have to take Chloe along with me. Don't look at me like that, we need to find time and square off this whole thing before it gets even worse. And I know Mia's getting jealous for some reason. Why is she interested in Chloe?

Something cracks and splinters behind. I turn to the empty seat besides me, then I turn around.

"Chloe?"

I stand up to see what she had done. She stands right in front of Jeremie's seat, having smashed her own chair on top of his desk. He managed to slip out of the way, but... what.

"What are you doing?" I rush up from behind her and try to pull her away before she does anything else.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Chloe Caraway; 1 XP; 0 Dark Power Strings

Well, this is loving bad. poo poo, blacking out is one thing -- blacking out and then trying to brain people with goddamn chairs is another. If I'm going to bust open an rear end in a top hat's loving head, I want to be fully conscious of the act, at least. So I just kind of let Melanie pull me away, letting the cracked chair fall to the floor with a clatter. Jesus! I practically split it in half.

So, let's talk about me for a minute here -- I'll gently caress someone right up if I have to, and I'm pretty good at it. I can take people bigger than me in a fight. But we're talking like... kneeing a dude in the junk and then bashing his head against a locker, or punching him in the throat and kicking him while he's down. I'm 5'6'' and skinny as gently caress; picking up chairs one handed and breaking them in one blow is not usually on my list of talents. This is not normal.

I glance from Melanie over to the teacher, who is being surprisingly quiet at the moment, but has that look like she's about to start shouting. Everyone is just loving staring, and right now it's really just making my skin crawl. "Sorry," I mutter to her. "I need a loving smoke. Meet you in the parking lot after class gets out, I guess."

I don't run out of the room -- that'd be pretty pathetic looking. But I guess I'm walking down that hallway pretty fast. The teacher is calling after me now, but gently caress if I care at this point. I just need to get out of this horrible concrete box before I hit somebody else already.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Guy Smith the Visitor
XP: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: French Class

I have no earthly idea how Im going to fulfill my commanders orders. Humans dont really bleed unless theyre poked, hard. It doesnt even make logical sense to choose me for the job when you consider all of the available parameters. Wouldnt Mike be better positioned to acquire this kind of sample? He is an officer of the police after all. Ive viewed eleven cop movies to date and can confidently conclude that blood is like an everyday occurrence for them, just part of the job. This is what happens when you willfully ignore to all those little details around you, like the entire human cultural experience. You tend to make poor strategic decisions, like this one.

My people dont accept in the concept of luck. But for this task I am forced to make an exception. Right now my best plan is just to hope a favorable circumstance generates spontaneously I guess? A physical confrontation between two females would be ideal (and entertaining). An accident might suffice as well. Or maybe further interactions with classmate designate Jenny will provide needed opportunity. But for that I would require notes, real and proper mathematical based notes. That was clearly explicit in her terms of getting together. I would need to construct them memory during French class.

Speaking of which, French class blows all three penises of Trilldaxian walrus! I hate it with unprecedented passion, mostly because Im failing it. In theory, it should be an inconsequential class requiring no effort due to my universal translator. But theres a small oversight in the programming. Everything is automatically translated for me whether I want it or not. It took me two weeks just to realize that French is supposedly an entirely different language. It was a very confusing time. And furthermore, Im powerless to even speak this infuriating tongue because everything that comes out of my mouth is also automatically translated into American. Mrs. Marielle has not been pleased with me.

As if to add to my daily hour of misery, classmate designate Scott Krazinsky, also designated The Scuzz by ninety percent of total classmates in this school, sits behind me. I have learned that French is a very basic introductory class and as such, it can attract a certain type of classmate that lacks the desire to assimilate their proscribed educational plan. The Scuzz is one of these. And any given day, there is only a fifty-fifty probability that he will actually be present. Sadly, today he is.

Wordlessly and without eye contact, I take my assigned seat. And the torment begins immediately. Hey Guy. I remain facing forward and choose to ignore him. Perhaps it is possible to avoid a confrontation altogether. Guy...Guy...Hey Guy...Hey I know a guy. Arent you that guy? It seems my refusal to acknowledge his presence only escalates the unwanted conflict. He begins propelling crude pellets of compacted paper in my direction. Thats it. I am done gathering any further data from this laboratory specimen.

I spin around with a cold analytical fury. His latest projectile buzzes annoyingly past my hair as I size him up and process some quick estimates in my head. If you do not wish to utilize this period for study, then I can find another method of which to make use of you. At approximately one-point-six meters tall, you are composed of sixty-eight kilograms of mass. A complete flaying from cranium to posterior would produce two square meters of skin leaving sixty-one kilograms of muscle tissue, bone matter, and consumable offal. It would be more than enough to feed a family unit of four for one week.

Shut Them Down: 2d6+1 8
OOC: I give him the condition Worthless Meat Sack

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Richard Beck

For a moment, Richard briefly contemplates just chucking the Harley right at Bill's bike and make him smack head face first into the asphalt. The problem with that is that as buff as Richard is, he isn't really going to be able to toss an entire Harley without shifting. As much as he'd like to smack Bill right now, Richard really doesn't want to have to deal with him while being a giant furball of death.

So, having the Harley propped up, Richard swings over and saddles up. The chase is on.

I have no idea what all I would roll in this case, so what do I do?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Emmet Lowe
XP: 1+1 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Library

Ah! So much for the councilor being my friend! His demeanor suddenly shifting forces me back into my seat, with the same vigor of two hands suddenly pushing down on my shoulders. I cannot resist.

"Emmet, Emmet, I thought you said you wanted me to help you?"

"I...I do, sir."

"Then let me help you! Okay, let's just...let's just back up a second." He sighs, and turns to another page of his notebook. "How are you doing in your classes, Emmet?"

"Well enough, sir. As and Bs. I cannot complain."

"Okay...do you have any hobbies, Emmet? Stuff you like to do at home when you aren't working on school."

"I do read a fair amount...oh, and I have a world map at home where I have pasted photos from magaz--"

"You do collages?" He stops writing for a moment, sets his pen down gently, and looks at me with...impressed-ness? Is that a word? "Not the sort of hobby I'd expect from you, but interesting. Let's continue. What's your family like?"

"I believe it will become bigger soon. My Master is currently dating a woman and--"

Councilor Waters stops writing abruptly and cocks his head up from his notebook. "What was that word?"

...as Melanie might say, poo poo. I called Dr. Dabrowsky "Master" in public? poo poo. I backtrack immediately.

"...father?"

"No, no, you used a different word there. You used the word 'master'. Emmet, is there something going on at home that I should know about? Is your father doing something to you, Emmet? You can talk to me, Emmet, I want to be your friend..."

Oh gods, what do I do now? I cannot say my Master has been abusing me--he has not, and it would be wrong to assert so. It suddenly feels unseasonably, uncomfortably hot in the library, and I unbutton the top of my collar. What do I do...

...wait, last week, there was that movie on television. Someone was yelling at someone else...and the other person yelled back. "I want the truth! You can't handle the truth!" it went. If I want to make Waters get away from me, I have to be loud, I have to make threats. Well, not bodily threats, but...

"You...you have no right to accuse my father of such things," I sputter and hiss, "No right at all! And we ought to be in your office right now, not in here. I could tell the principal that you do not want to talk to me under the eyes of the school nurse because you want to do...misconduct! I do not know what sort of misconduct, but I can think of something!"

Rolling +Hot to manipulate an NPC, trying to threaten allegations of misconduct due to the non-standard meeting area. 2d6-1=2 Oh hell!

He does not look impressed. At all. Actually, he just looks exasperated. poo poo.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Bella Marsden

I put my hand over the note, but don't bother reading it. I'm not interested. He needs to learn his place. Enough is enough, after all. And of course the teacher decides to address me, instead of Francis. I sigh, and shake my head, but then an opportunity occurs to me. "No, mrs Weinberg. Nothing funny. Just Francis trying to copy my notes because he doesn't want to pay attention, ma'am." An added smile makes me seem like the pinnacle of innocence - and the teacher's attention shifts to Francis.

"Mister Redford, if you need the time to put down some notes on the material without the distracting presence of a teacher, perhaps you'd like to join detention class, where it'll be perfectly quiet so that you can have all the time you need to." Laughter peels through the class - even if some people know that that's not really what was happening, it was always good to seeing people get detention for no reason at all. It's satisfying, seeing him trying to bluster his way out of it. But not today, Francis. I go back to my work, crumpling the note in my hand. I'll get rid of it later.

Shutting Francis Down for 2d6+1=7. I guess I gotta give him a condition, so he'll be "Humiliated", I guess.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Richard Beck

Richard managed to chase down Bill back to the school area. He is clearly not heeding the 25 MPH speed limit sign, but then again it really didn't matter. It was only a matter of time before Richard got right up on Bill's rear end, swinging around to drive right alongside him. So, Richard began his plan of attack. As they drove around the corner, Richard suddenly veered to the inside. His plan was to cut Bill off and cause him to either wipe out or turn and crash into something. Thing is, they were rounding the corner to face the school library, and they were heading straight for it at this rate. That's not to mention the crowd forming in front of the library for some reason...

Lash Out Physically: 2d6+2 7
Taking the "they can deal 1 harm to you for free" option.

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 12, 2013

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Richard, you manage to drop your bike into an bumpy emergency slide; Bill isn't so lucky. He tries to swerve and is thrown from his bike, which . You hear a scream as you get up. Bill's not moving. A teacher runs out to see what the hell is going on, students are taking pictures with their phones or calling 911, the scene is chaos. What do you do?

Emmet, Mr. Waters looks like he's about to respond- and then there's a crashing noise outside and somebody screams. He gets up from the table with a hurried "This isn't over" and rushes for the door. What do you do?

Bella, people start whispering when the teacher turns around. They know that Francis was up to something else, although thankfully not the whole story. That was pretty stone cold of you, you deceived the teacher and screwed Francis over with zero hesitation. Take the condition lying bitch. One of Francis's friends mutters that a half hour later, as they brush past you in the hall. What do you do?

Chloe, where are you headed?

Melanie, the teacher looks like they're going to go after Chloe, but then they glance at the ruins of the chair again and reconsider. They say, just a little too loudly, "Clean that up" and sit down to organize their desk like nothing just happened. What do you do?

Guy, Scott looks at you in confused horror. "D-dude, what the gently caress?" He's not the only one staring at you, the students surrounding you two heard your outburst as well. Take the condition psychopath?. It seems that humans don't generally toss out barbs like that. The moment is cut like a knife by the teacher's voice. "Guy. please list the main conjugations of the french translation of the phrase "to pay attention"." Scott leaves you alone for the rest of the class. At the end of your class, your corner of the room empties particularly quick. Do you have any more classes for the day? What do you do?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Melanie Lin

I'm still standing where I am, by the way. I watch Chloe walk off, the class clean up and the teacher not give a gently caress at all. I look at the broken chair, at Jeremie with some derision, then at the door. It dawns on me that I don't want to be around here either.

I grab my bag and walk right out of there as well. I can already imagine what they're saying behind my back, me going after my "girlfriend" like this. Ugh. Since when did I start caring what this school thought of me?

"Hey." I say to Chloe, catching up to her at the hallway. "That class was boring, anyway."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Bella Marsden

Well, that was rude of him. I mean, I suppose I should've expected it. Teddy - that's the guy I just passed - and Francis are thick as thieves. But I ignore it. It's not important that he hates me. He probably already did, since I'm not giving his best friend the light of day. And honestly, what else was I supposed to do? At least this will give me some sweet, sweet relief from his constant hounding. I walk through the crowd and eventually end up at my locker.

"Bellaaaaa!" I turn around just in time to avoid being bowled over by a flash of hot pink. Denise is a great girl, and I'm lucky to call her my friend, but she has the most horrible fashion sense. "Hey girl!" I center myself again, and can't help but be infected by her crazy good-looking smile. Seriously - you know how those toothpaste commercials always have people smiling? Denise has a smile like that. Blonde curly hair, bright blue eyes; she turns a lot of heads, and she knows it. Still doesn't explain her horrible fashion sense, but la. Nobody's perfect. "Did you really get that jerk Francis in detention by lying to the teacher?" She looks at me with wide eyes, filled with a lust for gossip. Crap. Did it get around the school that fast? Guess Teddy didn't waste any time at all.

I shrug. "Guess I did. You know how he won't leave me the hell alone, Den. I saw an opportunity, so I took it. Lord knows I need the freedom for a while." I roll my eyes.

"You definitely do. Dude doesn't know when to back off! I'm almost sure you could report him to the police. For, y'know, stalking. That's a crime, right?" She looks puzzled, and I reassure her with a nod.

"I don't want to do that, though. Isn't his dad some bigshot lawyer? I'm almost sure it'd be more trouble than it's worth. This works a lot better."

"It sure does!" Denise giggles, and pats me on the shoulder. "Listen, I gotta go, 'cause I promised Tiff I'd give her some advice on her somersaults, but you and me are on for after school, alright? We'll get a bite or something. Don't even think you're gonna get out from under it, sweetheart. Seeya!" And she whizzes off, disappearing like that comic book guy that can run superfast. The Flash? I think? I never was big into comics.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Emmet Lowe
XP: 2 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Library

My body instinctively braces itself for another compelling shot from Mr. Waters...but it never comes. Instead a completely different noise--and scream--from outside makes me tremble. What was that?!

Mr. Waters seems unbalanced by that noise as well. He says that we are not finished talking and heads for the door. Small mercy, perhaps. But he did not ask me to stay here...

Well, this conversation has gone on long enough, and I want to see what is happening, as well. As soon as Mr. Waters exits the library, I grab my bag and head for a different exit. I want to see for myself what just happened.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Chloe Caraway; 1 XP; 1 Dark Power Strings

I'm almost to the nearest exit. I can see the glowing red sign hanging ahead of me, just a few yards away, and mentally, I'm already in my car with a cigarette in my mouth and no real loving clue where I'm headed; just somewhere I can be alone to think. So, I guess Melanie took me by surprise a bit. When I hear her voice, I give a start.

"F--" the curse jams in my throat as I see who it is. She already saw me flip the gently caress out in class a moment ago -- probably a good idea not to start swearing loudly in her face for no reason now. "... yeah," I agree instead, giving her kind of an uneasy smile. "Ms. Garder's not even a real math teacher," I say, pushing the door open with my shoulder, while I fish around in my pocket for a pack of cigarrettes and a lighter -- a cheap, plastic one, since I lost my zippo. "They hired her to teach art or some poo poo, but then they decided they didn't want to hire someone else to teach math 12. You can tell she doesn't really give a gently caress about fractions or whatever."

Now technically outside, I don't bother waiting until I'm off school property to pull a cigarette out. I start to put it in my mouth automatically, but then I stop. Instead, I hold it out Melanie. "You smoke, right?" I ask. I don't actually remember her smoking from before the loving Phantom Year, but she has been in a few of the pictures on my phone. I can tell myself that I'm just trying to be polite after I made an rear end out of myself in class, but to be honest I want to impress her.

Chloe leans in slightly closer as she holds the cigarette out to Melanie, smiling that crooked little grin of hers. The look in her eyes isn't quite normal Chloe, though. There's something smoldering there, something dark and dangerous that Melanie doesn't recognise, urging her to accept more than just a free cigarette.

---

I'm using The Power Flows Through You to add 2 to a roll to Turn Melanie On, through sexy demonic peer pressure:2d6+1=12. I take a string on her.

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 15, 2013

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Richard Beck Harm: 1

Well poo poo, this was bad. The feeling of whiplash and getting punched in the stomach by the handlebars was nothing compared to noticing Bill laying unconscious on the floor. It was time to get the hell out of here. The sooner he's out, the better. He was about to twist the throttle again, before he was stopped by the realization that it would make noise. Richard really didn't want attention right now. His brain scrambled for a moment before he got an absolutely brilliant idea; grab the Harley and run.

Thus began the daily dose of stupid bullshit. Richard stepped off of the Harley and flexed his arm for a moment. He took a breath, grabbed the Harley, and with a grunt lifted it up awkwardly onto his shoulder. With his strange, supernatural strength Richard turned around and began to book it. Richard ran around the back, managing to be at least somewhat aware that everyone was up front with Bill. He ran off, hoping to try and get out of sight before even thinking about getting on the bike again. Having the Harley on him was rather inconvenient, but he wasn't one to complain right now.

Let's see if this Beck boy is gonna get out of this one.

Running Away: 2d6+2 10

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Melanie Lin
XP: 1

I look straight at her eyes while she offers the cigarette. And, I can't really explain it, but it feel entirely lost in doing. Like the whole school around me turns silent. I almost can't breathe. And the air becomes unusually warm. Something, I don't know what, but something urges me to take the cigarette. Take it, take it, and...

...and everything suddenly turns back to normal as soon as I do. I'm not sure what just happened. But I realize that I'm still staring doe-eyed at Chloe up to now.

"...Thanks." I turn away with a blush, looking at the cigarette. I don't even know why I took it, I don't even smoke. Or, I thought I didn't smoke. Saw a few pictures of myself with Chloe that showed otherwise. I don't remember at all how I to do it, but still I put it in my mouth and ask her to light it for me.

A gust of wind blows past the two. Melanie slowly brushes her long, silky hair back in place with her hand, while she coyly lets Chloe light up her cigarette. A flicker later, she takes a deep breath, glances at Chloe, and puffs out a cloud upwards to the sky.

Well. That felt completely natural. How did I change so much last year?

"I still can't believe that's Math 12. I took cram schools every night for Pre-Cal before I even qualified for Yang Ping." What a waste that turned out to be. "So hey, we were going to find some place to talk, right? About everything."

I look at the cheap lighter in Chloe's hand. Everything, and then some.

Turn Chloe On By Looking Hot While Smoking IDK (and 1 forward from ~True Love~): 2d6+2 11

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Guy Smith the Visitor
XP: 1 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: Psychopath | Location: Hallways

Was it something I said? Reclamation and recycle of our own bio matter is a standard process among my people. If you cant be of use to the Empire, they will find a reuse of you. We always need 5ths for reproduction quotas, a noble role that is always lacking for volunteers. What do humans do with those who cannot or refuse to contribute to society any longer? I probably dont want to know. Its most likely horrifically inefficient. In any case, I am satisfied with the outcome of the exchange. French may continue to haunt my nightmares, but at least the Scuzz will defer from bothering me again. An ounce of fear has proven to be a potent social defense mechanism.

I return to the hallways after class in search of classmate Jenny and am pleased to find her in front of her assigned metal storage receptacle. She closes the locker door to reveal me standing near and is taken aback in surprise. Hello Jenny! I enthusiastically greet her. I rectified the error on my end in your previous request and constructed notes during French class. We can compare them now. I reach into my shoulder-based carrying bag and withdraw a packaged candy bar. I also brought you a Kit-Kat in case you are hungry.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Chloe Caraway; 1 XP; 0 Harm; 1 Dark Power String

"Yeah, that's a quality American education for you," I say, trying to come off as cool and casual. Or as cool and casual as someone who just hulked out and attacked someone with a chair can. To be honest, I am standing waaay closer to her than I need to as I light her cigarette. I mean, gently caress; sure, I've thought about her an awful lot lately, but that's mostly just a result of all the pictures of us and poo poo. It had all been pretty abstract up until now, though.

"I probably know a place," I say, stepping away from her a bit reluctantly. There's an old parking lot out behind the Town Theater, which has been shut down for years. There are enough trees and shrubs around it to provide a measure of privacy. "I'm parked over there." I jerk my thumb in the direction of my car. "Do you mind going for a drive?"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Emmet, as you exit out the side of the building you see somebody ducking around the corner with a motorcycle on their shoulder. Wait. A motorcycle on their shoulder? What do you do?

Guy, Jenny stammers, and greets you just a little bit too loudly, "Uh, hi!" She laughs nervously and takes the candy from your hand. "Um, sure, just uh, let me give you my number. I've got one more class." She scribbles her phone number on a scrap of paper and almost throws it at you. "Sorry gotta go bye!" She takes off hurriedly down the hallway.

Richard, where are you going?

Bella, with Denise gone you realize the hallway is pretty much empty. Just you and that really, really bizarre guy who just showed up at school the other day. He seems a little lost. More importantly, his backpack is hanging open and he's facing away from you and something is hanging out. What do you do?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Melanie Lin

I look at her car at the far end. Honda Civic. Sure, why not.

I pull the cigarette out and puff another cloud of smoke before I reply. "Yes, let's go."

Mitama fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 17, 2013

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Bella Marsden
XP 1

Wow. Dude just got dropped like a brick. Can't say I blame her, though. That uh, what's his name. Guy? He's a weirdo. Sure, he's kinda hot, I guess, but he just sounds like a computer sometimes. It's very unnerving. Still, maybe he's one of them...what'sitcalled - autics? Autism! That's it. Yeah, maybe he's got that! Those kinda kids don't really do the whole social thing, right? Maybe he can't help it. I decide to walk on over. He seems like he could use a chin-up, and I got a while before my next class starts, anyway.

But as I approach, I notice something dangling out of his open bag. There's a loose page of paper slowly falling out. I can't really help it. Before I even know it, it's in my hands. I should give it back, anyway, I'm sure he'll - what the gently caress? What the hell kinda notes are these? My brain kicks into overdrive in the confusion and I slip the paper in my bag before he turns around. "Hey, Guy!" I hope that he's not noticed my awful attempts at trying to be genuine after what I just saw. But if he's an autist - autistic? - then he's not supposed to be able to read faces anyway, right? I'm sure it'll be fine. "How was French class? Rumor mill has it you're terrible at it. Are you making any headway at all?" Ugh, horrible line. But hey, I'm sure he'll be able to relate to schoolwork, right? Seems like that's most of what he does anyway. "I feel your pain, though. Languages were never my forte, either. Who's got time for that poo poo, right? It's not like we'll ever get out of this backwater town." Whew. Smalltalk saved. Still, it's confusing. What the hell kind of system is that for making notes? I wish school was out. This requires some investigation. I mean, I'm sure it's nothing, just some kind of crazy-man-code, but I love a good mystery to solve.

Obtained Significant Token Page of Weird Notes! Bella gains a string on Guy. Sorry Cocks Cable, Tolly said I didn't have to roll, so there you are.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Guy Smith the Visitor

Even if I was an expert on human behavior, I am too pleased with the outcome our exchange to notice anything odd regarding my targets response. I wave goodbye to her and watch her go, grinning like a huge idiot the entire time. Wow, Jenny, I got your number. I uncrumple the paper and turn on my communication device, readying it for its first real data entry. 8675309. I look forward to this human ritual of exchanging notes. I will certainly have to take my own regarding the experience.

Riding that euphoria of possibilities, I turn on heel and meander over to the school bulletin board. Its a rather crude delivery system for various announcements. Like a lacerated trauma patient, there is not an inch of tender background showing that isnt crudely stitched over by a chaotic mix of printed paper and staples as the sutures. Heres an advertisement for a celibacy club, students united in their mutual hate for biological reproduction. Losers. Theres a bulletin for French club, a macabre assembly of the most masochistic among us. These are what they refer to as extracurriculars and I am told I should join one.

How about the cheerleaders? Pros. It is a popular and powerful faction within the school social hierarchy. It comes with exclusive access to all sporting events. There are plenty of females from which to collect that blood sample. Cons? Well I cant really think of one. I sign my name to the sheet, once again most satisfied with myself.

A girl appears! Its just classmate designate Bella. Ive been studying her for a while now from a far. Shes my designated control for normal human mannerisms. I regard her coolly unsure of her intent, since shes never actually talked to me before. Hi. Why is she bringing up French class? I was in such a good mood. My academic performance is not of your concern. Its a bit of a sore spot for me and she just jabs her fingers in there ever so cruelly it seems. My species are so far advanced beyond these apes. Such educational instruction should be trivial for me. And shes mocking me for it.

OOC: Doesnt really seem fair to gain a free string without a move. But whatever. I lodge my complaint for what its worth.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh don't worry things will balance out in time :devil:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Bella Marsden

Ouch. He had a point, I guess. It was kinda bad of me. I raise my hands in a placating gesture "Okay, okay. Bad form. Sorry, dude. Didn't mean to upset you." I turn to the board. Guess even autists can get upset. I'm a little calmer now that he hasn't seen me take the note page. "Cheerleading squad, huh? Good luck with that! Those pyramid jumps they do look brual. Though I'm sure you could pull it off. You look strong enough to flip a girl, anyway." My eyes wander over the board aimlessly. I'm not really a member of any club. Don't really give a poo poo, to be honest. I have too much to do at home to devote any time to those things. It's a shame, really. Denise always seems to have a blast with the cheerleading. But I don't really think that sort of stuff is for me. I'm not very flexible.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Guy Smith the Visitor

A sense of dread sneaks up on me. I really should not be having any contact with this girl. If she is a control, then any social interaction, no matter how small, may only ruin the experiment and unduly taint the results. Im not upset! I respond vehemently in my effort to course correct the conversation. poo poo. I shouldnt have said anything actually. And she continues talking...to me. How do I stop her? I must flee. Bye! I state, clearly denoting the end of this encounter and then take off running down the hallway.

She did bring up an excellent point. The act of leading cheers is a physical one requiring feats of agility and strength. It would be a perfect setup for an innocent accident.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chloe, got a destination in mind?

Melanie, tell us a couple of things about Chloe's car that you didn't realize you already knew.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Emmet Lowe
XP: 2 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Library

As I leave the library, I see somebody carrying a bike over their shoulder out of the corner of my eye. Well, some bikes are supposed to be collapsible and such...wait. That is a motorbike. Those are supposed to be heavier, right? How...?

Part of me wants to just ignore it and head back to math class. That was my original excuse and such. And yet something calls me to follow. Maybe it is the motorcycle, maybe it is the person carrying it, or maybe I want to be able to carry a motorcycle like that some day. I smile at the thought of myself effortlessly carrying Dr. Dabrowsky's car as I follow him wherever he is going. Math, I suppose, can wait.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Chloe Caraway; 1 XP; 0 Harm; 2 Dark Power Strings

Yeah, I've got a place in mind. See, there used to be this little theatre in town -- like, one screen, built in the loving fifties, the employees actually wore those dorky little red jackets and hats... of course, since the big loving multiplex opened up in the next town over and charged way less for tickets, the place closed down when I was ten, and no one ever did anything with the building. It just kind of sits there, boarded up and looking worse and worse every year, with the hedges around the parking lot slowly getting higher and higher until you practically can't even see it from the road, so people can just ignore this blatant loving example of how the corporations are sucking this town and this country dry.

Anyway, beside the point. Because of the hedges and the whole building-being-creepy-and-abandoned thing, the parking lot's pretty out of the way. Perfect place for people to have a private conversation. ... or to smoke pot, or feel their girlfriend up after school, but I'm sure there isn't going to be anyone doing either of those thing this time of day. As I drive down the road, I'm still pretty acutely aware of Melanie sitting right within arms' reach. I'm not quite sure what the gently caress is up with her; I mean, she sure as hell wasn't happy to see me this morning, but then she follows me out of the classroom and starts acting all flirty. Unless I'm imagining that last part, I guess? Dammit, this is getting confusing. It would be a lot easier if I knew something useful about what she was thinking.

So I take a long drag on my cigarette, and I think: "Hey, a little help here, rear end in a top hat?

Of course, while I'm waiting for him to get back to me, I'm still just sitting here silently like an idiot. gently caress gently caress gently caress say something gently caress...

"Jeremie's been giving you poo poo all week, hasn't he?" I hear myself saying.

--

I just used:

"Uncanny Voices
You can give the dark power a String in order to realize a secret about someone youre talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose.)"

... to figure out something super secret about Melanie, in the hopes that it is something actually useful.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Melanie Lin

I look at Chloe, kind of surprised that she wants to bring that up again. But, I do want to get it my chest. And I'm not going to find a better time or place for that.

"I'm just... not used to this." I tell her, putting out the cigarette. "I've been called a lot of things since I got here. Foreign girl, chink, new girl, a loving Thai." I can't help but narrow my eyes at Chloe with the last one. "Hey, I don't really care about any of that. Then now I'm getting called a 'dyke'. I have never been called that. I want to say 'gently caress off, that's not true', but then I see these pictures on my phone I don't know about, and those things-"

I point at the cute, glittery stickers on the dashboard, one of them labelled "C+M4Ever" and other written in Chinese which I'm... not comfortable translating here. This is first time I've seen them.

"-and I'm like, what's going on with me? Right?" I realize that is a lot more than I wanted to share there. Just as I realize I'm leaning in a little closer to her than earlier. I don't relent. "I did not mean to brush you off in class. I'm just... really confused."

Chloe: Melanie is feeling empty now. She keeps isolating herself from everyone else, but she desperately wants to let someone in to, you know, be herself with. So she unconsciously looks for someone to attach to. That used to be Patrick. And now there's a hole in her head where her memories of him used to be. She need to fill that fast.

And with everything going on, she's now looking at Chloe. Congratulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Chloe Caraway; 2 XP; 0 Harm; 2 Dark Power Strings

I was her loving rebound girl? Well, maybe that explains a few things, but it sort of leaves me feeling angry. Way angrier than it should -- I mean, I barely loving know her, realistically! But those loving stickers are right there on the dashboard of my car, and all those pictures from my phone are swimming in front of my eyes, along with what feels like memories of... something playing at the back of my head. All that, just to help her forget some loving rich dude with nice loving abs?

Hold steady! 2d6-1=5 -- I mark experience for rolling Cold.

The next turn I take is sharper than it needs to be, and I don't bother stopping at the stop sign. There was no one coming anyway, so it's not like it even loving matters. "You seemed pretty loving straight back when you were hanging off of that rich prick Patrick every chance you got," I say. We're there now -- I turn into the theatre parking lot and park the car and unbuckle my seatbelt, before turning to give her a hard look. I know I probably look like a loving crazy person, going from concerned to angry in two seconds flat, but whatever. "I hadn't told anyone!" I say. "No one is supposed to know about this loving gay poo poo! Now I don't know who the hell knows!" I jab my half-smoked cigarette into the ash tray, breaking it in the process.

I lean in suddenly, one hand braced against the dashboard, my fingers obscuring the English half of the sticker message. I am pretty far away from respecting her personal space at this point, but I don't care. "What happened? He moved away and ditched you, so you grabbed on to the first thing with a pulse? Do you even loving like chicks?"

Chloe practically has Melanie corned up again the car door, with nowhere left to go but out into the parking lot. She stares at her with angry, unblinking intensity, looking right into Melanie's eyes, her proximity making the already strong cigarette scent in the car almost overpowering.

Turn Melanie on! 2d6-1=6. Let's throw a string at that to make it a 7.

• Locked thread