Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Is Cavani on the bench?

e: also thank you for posting I was wondering what I was going to do all afternoon, heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I guess unless Ibra gets injured, then we wont see Lavezzi and Cavani together much, which is a shame.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Pastore and Ibra with the same hairdo is confusing on my poo poo-def BeIN broadcast.

Ah yes, now you know the magic of watching Milan on RAI.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

oof, lovely from Verratti, but good defending.

e: Pastore's been pretty poo poo.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 9, 2013

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nice unselfish header from Zlat, though he may have been trying to put it in, haha. Good run by Maxwell to finish it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Stupid foul there, if PSG doesn't win now Im gonna laugh a lot.

e: Ha poo poo that was nearly a goal with Cavani's first touch.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

What a fuckin save from the Montpellier keeper, hope it stays this way

e: nice

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

It'll be interesting to see how Monaco get along tomorrow. Ranieri will probably make a right mess of everything for the first few matches which should be entertaining.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Im pretty impressed that Pastore and Verratti manage to play together as well, although Pastore always did play higher up at Palermo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

In Italian, but it looks like Monaco's points penalty has been removed

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio_Estero/Ligue1/13-08-2013/monaco-annullata-penalizzazione-squadra-ranieri-ora-primo-posto-20957501531.shtml

They still have to play a game behind closed doors though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The yoghurt team is the best name.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I was about to complain that oil money teams grinding out 1-0 wins is shameful but I guess 2-0 will do.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

So I just read in the Gazzetta that Menez and Blanc aren't getting along and that he might leave if the team lets him. Has he played much at all this season? He was so good for Roma and I'd love to see him back in Serie A.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Real excited for that Judas turd to come back and make an rear end of himself in Italy again :rolleyes:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegav posted:

RIP French football. The clubs is on strike and I wouldn't be surprised if we see an exodus of talent in the winter and summer window.

Thiago Silva please come home and bring Ibra with you.

Have all the teams agreed to the strike at this point? I remember that a few of them were opposed. I imagine only the infinite money teams (PSG, Monaco) could weather something like this and continue to pay the salaries that they already pay out.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Scott Bakula posted:

It doesn't affect Monaco

I remember there being something involving their tax situation over the summer but not a resolution. Did somebody throw money at it to make it go away?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tetsman posted:

One of the things the syndicate of professional football clubs wanted to achieve was the non-retroactivity of the new tax raise on older contracts, but the French government kept their position. The tax of 75% will remain in place for two years and football teams won't count with any exceptions. 120 players will be affected as well as 14 teams on the Ligue 1, but no Ligue 2 teams will be affected by the new taxation.
What's gonna happen now is, the L1 and L2 matches scheduled for the last week of November will not be played (though they won't officially go on strike; instead, they'll hold talks at the stadiums telling people about their point of view and such).

That retroactive sponsorship thing PSG signed makes more sense in light of this, even if the government stood strong.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Tuttosport is a Juventus rag and nothing should be taken seriously from them.

Not that this really matters anymore, but Pogba just signed a contract extension too. I can't see Juve getting rid of him, he's the perfect Pirlo replacement, and Pirlo will never make it a whole season again.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Yeah it all boils down to Raiola getting his agent fees, so as long as Juve keeps renegotiating contract extensions Pogba should stick around for at least a couple more years.

I forgot that piece of poo poo was his agent. I hope a mob of Milan, PSG and Inter supporters trample him to death some day.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

T. Finninho posted:

Jesus that bit of skill from Pastore :stare:

He's really good and it's ashamed he's in a team full of people that are even better because it makes people think he's poo poo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Also I heard Niang has scored 2 goals since moving, one in the Coup De France and another from a penalty rebound on the league. Hope he keeps it up.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nice tetsman is back. (Tetsman for mod imo)

I hate to use the Jozy excuse for such a great player, but is there a consensus that Falcao just isn't getting the support play he needs to be at the top? Ibra doesn't need any really but I think Falcao is as good as Cavani, if not better. Still 9 is nothing to scoff at.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tetsman posted:

Ajaccio and Sochaux lost again, PSG and Monaco won again, eh.
The Marseille-Valenciennes game could not be played because of the rain. The game was postponed, probably until the 28 or 29 of this month, but I haven't read anything else about it. Zlatan scored yet 2 more goals during the weekend in the 5-0 against Nantes. Meanwhile, Falcao played for 69 minutes without scoring.
In other news, Verratti said he's staying in Paris. Transfer market speculation sucks anyway unless you're excited about Toivonen going to Rennes.

Zlatan also murdered the corner flag

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Thiago Motta signed a two year extension through 2016. His contract was set to run out this summer, and he had been mentioned as a possible target this coming transfer window for a few Italian clubs since PSG have about 50 midfielders.

He still plays pretty regularly right? I think he must be because he's on a lot of Prandelli's lists for possible world cup players.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

They can sell players, but not sign any senior team players until the transfer window opens in June 2015.

This is going to cripple them isn't it? A big club can probably survive just fine on their good players and whatever ten thousand youth players they own (Chelsea) but a mid or lower table side without a chance to improve is really hosed.

This must put an enormous amount of pressure on the manager, now that I think about it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tetsman posted:

Sit back, relax and enjoy the purest manifestation of the death of football.

Surely Monaco would have to be involved for this to be true.

This is actually on tv in the USA by the way.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

PSG wins the title if they win or draw this weekend right? They look to be in the exact position Juventus is in w/r/t Roma.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Method Mango posted:

PSG doesn't play until Wednesday since their opponent for this week (Rennes) is playing Guingamp in the final of the French Cup tomorrow. Guingamp is also Monaco's opponent this week, so their game is also pushed back to Wednesday, although it will end as PSG's match starts. That means if Monaco doesn't win, PSG will be champion before they kick off. However, if Monaco wins then PSG will have to win to "officially" be champion, because right now they're 8 points up with 3 matches left. If they draw and Monaco wins then they'll be 6 up with 2 matches left, but with a 25 goal differential cushion right now. All this is a lot of words to say that yeah, PSG is champion if they win or draw on Wednesday, but it won't be official if they draw.

Those matches also matter for relegation, since Sochaux (who drew PSG last week) are trying to catch either Guingamp, Evian, or maybe Rennes. Ajaccio is already out, and Valenciennes is as good as out.

I think I've asked this before but is the first tie breaker in France head to head results? I find that to be a much better metric than who managed to score 20 goals against bottom of the table sides.

Now that I think about it, it's the same for Juve. If they draw then they'll have to draw or defeat Roma in the next match for it to be official. It wont happen as they'll win, but weirder things have happened.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Method Mango posted:

Yeah I thought about mentioning that since it's based on head to head in Italy right? In France the first tie breaker is total goal differential.

Yup, it makes for some nasty relegation/playoff/playout scenarios in the lower leagues all the time.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I hope Bielsa does well because I like his style, but can Marseille really hope to compete with Monaco and PSG? Hopefully they can be like Atletico in Spain this year but I feel the gap might be even more absurd in France now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Did the PSG game happen after the Monaco draw or did they actually lose to Rennes while trying?

• Locked thread