Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Boosted Reflexes are dirt cheap and awesome. If you're cash strapped and need just a little extra init, it's only 10,000Y for that extra init die.

Also, woo for cerebellum boosters! I want to make a msyad keyed on intuition + willpower now.

Edit: woo, more poo poo I wish I had never seen!

Chrome Flesh, p. 119 posted:

While it remains an option for males, the longer life of the male reproductive system means that most men who undertake the procedure are simply replacing parts damaged in accidents. The far more invasive female reproduction replacement is used more often for those suffering disease or for those who wish to have the childbearing options.

It's 8,000Y / 0.1E for a male reproductive replacement, but 20,000Y / 0.3E for a female because :realism:

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ronwayne posted:

True that, but I'm happy in general with the ability to buy sideskills as needed.

Oh yeah it's massively better, and I like it as an option because it lets me create low-wage skillwired workforces without the "wait, why did this company put $100k plus worth of hardware in all these dudes?" question. I also like that now you can get Skillwires to a useful level without needing to resort to Restricted Gear, though I still wish they'd adjusted things a little bit more.

QuantumNinja posted:

Boosted Reflexes are dirt cheap and awesome. If you're cash strapped and need just a little extra init, it's only 10,000Y for that extra init die.

Also, woo for cerebellum boosters! I want to make a msyad keyed on intuition + willpower now.

Boosted Reflexes are great for goons, but you'd have to be really sure that you're not going to be able to get better gear later to permanently give up an Essence for a non-stacking initiative die. You'd be better off with drugs in most cases.

Cerebellum Boosters are indeed awesome- you no longer need to be an adept to get ~30 dice of passive defense.

LGD fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 1, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

LGD posted:

Oh yeah it's massively better, and I like it as an option because it lets me create low-wage skillwired workforces without the "wait, why did this company put $100k plus worth of hardware in all these dudes?" question. I also like that now you can get Skillwires to a useful level without needing to resort to Restricted Gear, though I still wish they'd adjusted things a little bit more.

Moreover, this book has a lot of features to "buy your way" out of negative qualities. Dumping 12,000Y is enough to completely overcome the "Incompetent" quality at chargen, and bioware that addresses lactose intolerance makes the karma-rich "Allergy (common, moderate): lactose" a 50Y fix.

That is to say, this book bleeds around some of the edges with cheese. There is, however, a ton of neat stuff there that is going to let people build hard-cyber characters that are more out there and transhumanist than before, and I'm excited to see the crazier poo poo people do as a result.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

LGD posted:

Boosted Reflexes are great for goons, but you'd have to be really sure that you're not going to be able to get better gear later to permanently give up an Essence for a non-stacking initiative die. You'd be better off with drugs in most cases.

Cerebellum Boosters are indeed awesome- you no longer need to be an adept to get ~30 dice of passive defense.

The 1-essence hole the BR cost you will be filled in by whatever initiative augmentation you get later, whether it is R2 Syn Boosters or R2 Wired Reflexes, so it's pretty much a win across the board.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

QuantumNinja posted:

The 1-essence hole the BR cost you will be filled in by whatever initiative augmentation you get later, whether it is R2 Syn Boosters or R2 Wired Reflexes, so it's pretty much a win across the board.

You might want to read that again

:ssh:

Boosted Reflexes posted:

Amplification of the spinal cord and a general expansion
of the nervous system result in a body that’s more
responsive to external stimuli and has superior autonomous
reactions. This can be problematic, as those whose
responses naturally gravitate toward violence can lash
out at perceived threats where none truly existed, causing
friction with loved ones and awkwardness in social
situations. It should be noted that, due to the nature of
the modification, boosted reflexes may not be removed
once installed
, and they are incompatible with any other
Initiative-modifying augmentation.
A user with boosted reflexes gains +1D6 for Initiative.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Nintes are cool, but Nanite Hunters are 3spooky5me. Jesus, that'd be a big drop in the bucket if you accidentally took a whiff.

Edit:

LGD posted:

You might want to read that again

Whoops. Oh wow that's pretty harsh. They'll probably mostly only crop up as a GM device in that case.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 1, 2015

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

QuantumNinja posted:

Edit: woo, more poo poo I wish I had never seen!

It's 8,000Y / 0.1E for a male reproductive replacement, but 20,000Y / 0.3E for a female because :realism:

welp

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Stop talking about that nasty, depressing, neckbeardy stuff. I'm trying to figure out if its possible to connect the Sprayer to the biowaste storage?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zephirum posted:

Can personafix chips carry or act as skillsofts? I have an idea for BTLs that turn users into crazed and unstable fighting machines and I want to know if there's a precedent for this.

Isn't that basically the plot of Dreamchipper?

Edit: I'll forgive you for not remembering the plot of a 26 (:stare:) year old module

Azhais fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 1, 2015

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

QuantumNinja posted:

Nintes are cool, but Nanite Hunters are 3spooky5me. Jesus, that'd be a big drop in the bucket if you accidentally took a whiff.

Edit:

Whoops. Oh wow that's pretty harsh. They'll probably mostly only crop up as a GM device in that case.

When was the last time you actually saw a PC undergo major cybernetic systems revision in-play? I don't think, in the last (edit : 20, gently caress I'm old) years, I've ever seen anyone go in for wired reflexes or move-by-wire after character creation due to the months of downtime it requires to heal from.

Azhais posted:

Isn't that basically the plot of Dreamchipper?

Edit: I'll forgive you for not remembering the plot of a 26 (:stare:) year old module

It is, and personafix with skill wires has come up as common for bunraku dolls as well. I don't think there have ever been rules, but as a GM I'd totally let it fly as a software suite.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 1, 2015

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
Speaking as someone whose gender identity fluctuates, I recall when the cyber-breasts and such first turned up in the game and my first impression was "wow, I can write a character who can change their physical gender expression and details thereof the way I wish I could". And I'm glad it's still there, because my opinion hasn't changed.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

taichara posted:

Speaking as someone whose gender identity fluctuates, I recall when the cyber-breasts and such first turned up in the game and my first impression was "wow, I can write a character who can change their physical gender expression and details thereof the way I wish I could". And I'm glad it's still there, because my opinion hasn't changed.

There actually is a bioware for gender changing, and it costs no essence, so that's nice.

LGD posted:

I actually love the online subscription for skillwires in theory. Now you actually can just go "QUICK, DOWNLOAD KUNG FU" or "I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO PILOT A BOAT, STAT" and have it done. I haven't crunched anything for how expensive it is, but the concept owns.

Incidentally of all things drugs got a boost here to the point where a character who mostly focuses on using drugs instead of cyber or magic is way more viable. I dunno if they'll match the super sammy or w/e, but I can see the ozzy ozborn quality where you are just real good at taking drugs being legitimately useful for some characters.

Zephirum posted:

Can personafix chips carry or act as skillsofts? I have an idea for BTLs that turn users into crazed and unstable fighting machines and I want to know if there's a precedent for this.

It's explicitly stated so, and indeed notes that some places do this instead of using skillsofts if the people they're using are entirely disposable! The example given is a jail that uses other volunteer prisoners as wardens by hooking them up with a personafix chip. If you check the drug rules, it has a few examples there (I know one example just gives you two points in Lockpicking off the top of my head).

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

QuantumNinja posted:

So with "A" resources and 5.9 essence you can have 59 dicks?

The worst supervillain

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Azhais posted:

The worst supervillain
Just get one extra and stick it above your butt.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Liquid Communism posted:

When was the last time you actually saw a PC undergo major cybernetic systems revision in-play? I don't think, in the last (edit : 20, gently caress I'm old) years, I've ever seen anyone go in for wired reflexes or move-by-wire after character creation due to the months of downtime it requires to heal from.

'Ware recovery times have been drastically reduced in recent editions:

SR5 Core, p. 451 posted:

When you have an augmentation implanted (after character creation), your Physical and Stun Condition Monitors each take a number of boxes of damage equal to the item’s Essence Cost x 3 (but never into overflow)

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 1, 2015

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Azhais posted:

The worst supervillain

If you take the Biocompatability and Born Rich qualities you can start with 66 dicks.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Cirno wasn't joking, these drug rules are amazing. Now I want to make a hacker druggie that makes all of his own poo poo all the time. The drug creation rules for cooking it yourself don't seem to put a limit on how many doses you can make at a time, so two weeks' downtime could set you up with a shitload of custom-tailored hacker stimulants. Either that, or the extended text they describe of Chemistry + Logic (Avail * 2, 8 Hours) is per dose, but that seems too harsh.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
The Aristocrats must be an absolutely epic tale in the 2070s.

LGD posted:

If you take the Biocompatability and Born Rich qualities you can start with 66 dicks.
The Phallocrat?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rockopolis posted:

The Phallocrat?

I'm thinking more like Pinhead. With dicks. Dickhead if you will.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Man, the decker book, the chrome book,. and a couple big storyline books in a short time. I hope it's just "Gotta get books out for GenCon" and "Oh god, our license is up soon, better get everything out just in case"

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I was always a little disappointed with my inability to make a Juicer in SR4 that didn't explode violently after one little drug cocktail. Glad to hear that's been rectified.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Can you still die in a year from a coffee addiction?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Fake-doc-wagon-dwarf-street-doc-in-butcher's-apron is my new favorite bit character. In a universe full of shrieky, bullet-making GBS threads weirdos, he's simply happy to practice his malpractice.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Ronwayne posted:

Fake-doc-wagon-dwarf-street-doc-in-butcher's-apron is my new favorite bit character. In a universe full of shrieky, bullet-making GBS threads weirdos, he's simply happy to practice his malpractice.

in a world where fake licenses and fake SINs are readily available, a fake license to practice medicine seems extraordinarily attainable

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

First aid and medicine 6 are also now reasonably affordable as dedicated skill wires as well. You know, if they bother.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Ronwayne posted:

One game, I ran an NPC locally known as "Dr. Killjoy" who operated a black clinic behind a pho restaurant and it was glorious.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

This is why I always get the chicken.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Ronwayne posted:

This is why I always get the chicken.

The Double Reverse-Shyamalan was that none of his medical waste ended up in the food.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Solid Poopsnake posted:

The Double Reverse-Shyamalan was that none of his medical waste ended up in the food.

So, presumably, the food ended up in the patients instead?
Gotta get those bargain transplants from somewhere after all…

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Tippis posted:

So, presumably, the food ended up in the patients instead?
Gotta get those bargain transplants from somewhere after all…

Listen, the book says "muscle augmentation". It doesn't specify what the muscles are augmented with.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
Came across this when reading about the Modular Mount earware, which lets you mount a hand-sized piece of equipment to the side of your head:

Butch posted:

Technically, you can add knives or pistols to this mount. This is more useless than it sounds. Please don’t.

Combine this with machine gun tits and a dongpistol and we've got a party.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I need to make an NPC covered in dongs

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

I just got to the Flametosser cyberweapon and now I want to make a heavily augmented elf-poser guy who INSISTS that he's Awakened.

EDIT: Or maybe a troll with Level 2 Troll Reduction. Just someone who COMPLETELY disregards who he actually is.

Doc Dee fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 4, 2015

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

To be honest what comes to mind for tit and bit augs is 1) Making a trans character, which frankly fits right in with the themes of the game, and 2) This one show I read about called Cybersix where the main character's civilian persona was male, and their superhero alter-ego was female.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Like I said, full on gender change is put in as a bio-augment with zero essence cost for any trans characters. The cybertits is it's own thing entirely.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Tactical assassin hookers are also part of the genre.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Ronwayne posted:

Tactical assassin hookers are also part of the genre.

Of course, since Blade Runner, and by extension Priss, is a huge mainstay in the entire cyberpunk genre.

Also, does anyone who's ever seen Ghost In The Shell NOT remember the getting-naked-only-to-use-chameleon-skin bit?

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Listen, the book says "muscle augmentation". It doesn't specify what the muscles are augmented with.

"Dis moose testicle make you real big-strong tough-guy for sure!"

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Solid Poopsnake posted:

…or, technically speaking, which muscles are being “augmented.”

Also, isn't this the future where everything is done by voice command anyway? Did they make sure they didn't order mussel augmentation instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Since the augmentation adds the strength to all strength tests it's probably most muscles. I'm sure you could order special things like buttocks capable of cracking walnuts but the combat usefulness is, hopefully, rather limited.