Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Matrix MARKs are amazing compared to the big list of actions and opposing skill rolls of the previous edition. Plus you don't have to buy program's for your individual matrix actions anymore. Your Cyberdeck already knows how to Attack, Scan, Data Bomb etc. and now program's give you extra abilities, like boosting certain actions, or checking the Overwatch score.

I'm still not sure how feasible bricking guns in combat is. It looks like it's entirely dependant on if the device is slaved to a commlink, and if so, how good it's owner is. An elite guard with an expensive link will almost certainly have his gun slaved to it, and so be quite tricky. Random ganger, maybe not.

The other issue is RFID chaff. Currently, RAW, if you have 99 RFID tags and one gun, all running silent, when the hacker makes a Matrix Perception test to spot your gun, 99% of the time he'll spot a tag instead. Same goes for any place with a lot of silent devices, it's down to luck if you spot the one your after.
There are two ideas for fixing that. The first, is some sort of device priority on random reveals, that puts tags quite low, since the things are already everywhere. The second is letting the player narrow their focus with enough hits on Matrix Perception. Maybe lose two dice to search only for 'weapons'. They may still find a survival knife before the minigun, but their odds are much better. However, if the device turns out to be a Throwback with no wifi, they lose their chance to pick up a commlink instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Well, I'm sure they'll bounce back. Hey, maybe they need some Runners to take out witnesses, or plant false evidence blaming it on, oh, let's say... Wuxing.

Or maybe it's exactly what they want you to think? Keep a close eye on any rising star media AA corps ready to be Facebook to Horizon's MySpace. I suggest naming them Blue Ant.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Oh, god, 3e Karma. You had your Karma, which was XP. Karma pool, which was edge, and good and bad karma, which were the implementations of karma. Plus group karma. And maybe a few other types.

I guess maybe they used to make it so that doing good things gave you XP, but that was changed out at some point but the names stuck.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

dirtycajun posted:

To boot you can run up to 5 decker programs on your RCC,

Minor issue, but it does clarify in the Rigger Cyberprogram sidebar 'Programs purchased for use on an RCC cannot be used in a cyberdeck and vice versa'

Minor thing, just means you have to buy those ones twice or not at all.

As for Rigging, I'm getting the impression that running multiple RCCS is the way to go. One for each type of drone you're sharing progs with, and another for hot-swapping between drones.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The ones I've always considered doing are LoneStar and DocWagon games, in which the 'runners' are employees of said companies.

And Ninjas Without Borders is also a pretty great idea. Either that, or run the A Team.

I'd be interested, but I just got picked for Children's game, so will let others enter.