Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES

PierreTheMime posted:

Cyberninjas tend to be better out-of-the-gate provided you've heavily invested in 'ware. Magicninjas are still strong but progress much faster and have a more flexible limit to how great they can be.

Essence and nuyen are the dual-currency of cybered characters and are the great limiter for Cyberninjas. You'll eventually be shelling out tons of nuyen to swap a part for the deltaware version of the same thing to give you that tiny shred of self back needed cram more metal in. Magicninjas instead spend karma for their upgrades and aside from the occasional initiation trial there are no downsides to becoming stronger. They also tend to heal better and have better luck with interacting with sapient beings (Social Limit takes how much of a cybered freak you are into account).

Essentially cybered fighters start strong but ramp up slow and with a hard cap to their expansion whereas magic fighters start weaker but ramp up fast and eventually greatly outclass technology.

Or make something that uses both!

code:
Human Street Sam/Adept

Attributes A
Resources B
Metatype D
Magic C
Skills E

Attributes:
Body 5 (8)
Agilitiy 6 (9)
Reaction 5 (7)
Strength 3
Willpower 3
Logic 1
Intuition 5
Charisma 4
Edge 2
Essence 4
Magic 7 (5)

Qualities:
Catlike 7
Exceptional Magic 14
Bonded Weapon Foci 9
Qi Foci x1 2
Resources (4) 4
Negative Qualities -11

Skills:
Exotic Weapon 6
Sneaking (Urban) 6 (11)
Gymnastics 3
Perception (urban) 3 (6)

Adept Abilities Power Points 5:
Improved Ability: Agility (3) 3
Comat Sense (1) .5
Critical Strike (monowhip) .5
Adrenaline Rush (4) 1
Improved Accuracy (monowhip) foci

Gear (Cyberware):
Synaptic Booster (2) 1
Bone Density (3) .9
Reflex Recorder (Sneaking) .1
Total Essense Cost: 2
Total Nuyen Cost: 219,000

Gear (Weapons):
Monofilament whip
+Weapon foci force (3)
Total nuyen Cost: 31,000

Gear (Armor):
Chameleon Suit
+Thermal Dampening 3
+ Chemical Seal
Lined Coat
Total Nuyen: 7,100

Gear (Helmet):
+Thermographic Vision
+Vision Enhancement (3)
Total Nuyen Cost: 2,100

Gear (Headphones [5]):
+Audio Enhancement (3)
Total Nuyen Cost: 1,750

Gear (Commlink):
Transys Avalon
+Sim Module
Total Nuyen Cost: 5,100

Gear (IDs):
Fake SIN (4)
Fake Liscense For Chameleon Suit(4)
Total Nuyen Cost: 10,800

Gear (Qi Foci):
Qi Foci enhanced accuracy
Total Nuyen Cost: 3,000

Gear (Climbing):
Climbing Gear
Rappelling Gloves
Microwire 100m
Grapple Gun
Total Nuyen Cost: 800

Gear (Breathing):
Respirator (5)
Total Nuyen Cost: 250

Lifestyle:
Squatter x1 month
Total Nuyen Cost: 500

3600 Nuyen leftover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Kai Tave posted:

It's possible to cross the streams too. In children overboard's game we're in the middle of pulling off a dataheist against an Ares subsidiary. The planning and infiltration were (mostly) pretty mirrorshades in spirit...a combination of free-jumping onto the roof of the building from an overhead tourist monorail after some magically-enhanced fast talking to clear the car of passengers, some grappling gun action to help get the less athletic hacker in with the rest of us, and a conveniently timed distraction in a nearby shopping complex to get the guards focused on other things while we sneak in, grab what we came for (and maybe some extra goodies on the side), and get out.

Currently the shopping complex is on fire, a panicked mob of proud firearm owners have had a brutal shootout with panicking security forces and there are probably at least a dozen fatalities, the data-hub is filling up with dangerous hyperfreon gas after a tased security nerd collided with some OSHA non-compliant coolant ducts, we have a rescued sasquatch in tow after freeing it from a live-fire weapons testing range where we liberated a prototype assault rifle and a stock of vicious corrosive chemical rounds, and we have two HRT teams inbound by helicopter, one of which is likely to be eaten by the devil rats we released from the testing range's cages before gluing door shut behind us. Oh, and the lobby's security turrets are currently being cleared with grenades by the guy who charged an Firewatch sergeant equipped with an Ares Alpha using nothing but a survival knife and barely came out on top.

But we did get the data we came for which means that technically we've hit all of our primary objectives.

That is beautiful and everyone involved should feel pride in a run well done.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

ProfessorCirno posted:

I'll have a bigger post to come later but I think I found why a lot of people in Dumpshock or the Shadowrun forums are whinging about adepts being superpowered and sammies being superweak. Namely they're loving stupid and ignore the actual rules.

This, Sams when properly built will have HILARIOUSLY high armor and will ignore rockets to the face. Well mostly ignore anyways. The decent one I had built had 18 physical damage boxes and walking around with 31 armor and could still roll 17 dice on shooting. It is a thing of beauty.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Just as an aside, at character creation choose high lifestyle. It's the only lifestyle where you can make money back at character creation, up to 50% more in fact!

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

In the new missions game the base background count for the Chicago Containment Zone (CZ) is 2. Life is gonna suck for adepts inside the cz.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Rockopolis posted:

Still grinding through the book. I'm worried Adept Hacker is no longer viable.

Also, it seems like in the illustrations everyone is squatting or wearing high heels. The lady on page 138 is wearing high heel pistols. :stare:

I am going to make an adept hacker tonight and it will be glorious.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

So this is a hilariously effective decker, probably the best you can make out of the box. I found something interesting about how to greatly increase how good your cyberdeck is: get a rigger command console. Slave the cyberdeck to the RCC and use your new firewall, congrats the low stat on your deck is now firewall at 6. To boot you can run up to 5 decker programs on your RCC, and there is a side bar for which ones you can run (choose to run all the defensive ones here) OR you can even reduce Matrix noise rating! So that frees up your best starting deck to be running 4 attack programs.

HOLY poo poo YOU CAN DO ALL THE MATRIX THINGS LIKE A BADASS!
code:
Human Decker-Adept (a.k.a. The Golden Child of the Matrix)

Resources 	A
Magic 		B (Hermetic Adept)
Skills		C
Attributes	D
Metatype	E

Attributes:
Body		1
Agility		1
Reaction	1
Strength	1
Willpower	5
Logic		7 (8)
Intuition	5
Charisma	1
Edge		3
Essense 	5.2
Magic		6 (5)

Skills:
Computer			6 (7)
Hacking (Hack on the Fly)	6 (9)
Cybercombat (Data Spike)	6 (9)
Electronic Warfare (Jam Signal)	6 (9)
Gunnery				4
Software			1
Biotech Group			2

Adept Powers (5 points):
Improved Ability Computer (1)		.5
Improved Ability Cybercombat (3)	1.5
Improved Ability E-Warfare (3)		1.5
Improved Ability Hacking (3)		1.5

Qualities:
Exceptional Logic		14
Codeslinger (Data Spike)	10
Astral Beacon			-10
Resources (10)			10

Gear (Cyberware):
Cerebral Enhancer (1)		31,500
Smartlink			4,000
Headware Cyberdeck		5,000
Total Nuyen Spent 		40,500

Gear (Cyberdeck):
Sony CIY-720			345,000
Total Nuyen Spent		385,500

Gear (Rigger Command Console):
Vulcan Liegelord		66,000
Total Nuyen Spent		451,500

Gear (Programs):
All Hacker Programs		4,750
All Common Use Programs		540
Total Nuyen Spent		456,790

Gear (IDs):
Fake SIN (4)			10,000
Fake Cyberdeck License (4)	800
Fake RCC License (4)		800
Total Nuyen Spent		468,390

Gear (Armor):
Armor Jacket			1,000
Helmet				100
Clothing			10
Total Nuyen Spent		469,500

Lifestyle Squatter x1 Month	500
Total Nuyen Spent		470,000

1 floating karma, room for negative qualities and contacts.  Needs 24 Points of knowledge skills.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Elfface posted:

Minor issue, but it does clarify in the Rigger Cyberprogram sidebar 'Programs purchased for use on an RCC cannot be used in a cyberdeck and vice versa'

Minor thing, just means you have to buy those ones twice or not at all.

As for Rigging, I'm getting the impression that running multiple RCCS is the way to go. One for each type of drone you're sharing progs with, and another for hot-swapping between drones.

You would never run the defensive programs from your deck or offensive from your RCC, so no need for duplication.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Forums Terrorist posted:

Jesus there's a ton of interest in children's game.

Hell yea there is, want to join?

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Manifest Dynasty posted:

Does this actually work, though? If you are talking about program sharing, you only share autosofts (and only with drones), cccording to my reading. And if not, you have to be running off the device that runs the programs to get the benefit, right? So you can't have the benefit of all those programs at once?

The Firewall and Noise Reduction would still work, though.

Well the side bar specifically allows these things to be on the RCC. They also do things like increase your firewall, that you are using from your RCC not cyberdeck, so starting firewall 7. Programs that increase defense from matrix damage doesn't seem to matter where they are installed, the provide flat boosts to defense against the damage no matter the source, and if the target is anything slaved to the RCC it should just work.

Also it has been brought to my attention that having an implanted cyberdeck can be of the used variety saving you about 83,500 nuyen! This freed up some money and and karma at start so now he has a 3 body and can actually survive a thing!

code:
Human Decker-Adept 2.0 (a.k.a. The Golden Child of the Matrix)

Resources 	A
Magic 		B (Hermetic Adept)
Skills		C
Attributes	D
Metatype	E

Attributes:
Body		3
Agility		1
Reaction	1
Strength	1
Willpower	5
Logic		7 (9)
Intuition	5
Charisma	1
Edge		3
Essense 	5.1
Magic		6 (5)

Skills:
Computer			6 (7)
Hacking (Hack on the Fly)	6 (9)
Cybercombat (Data Spike)	6 (9)
Electronic Warfare (Jam Signal)	6 (9)
Gunnery				4
Software			1
Biotech Group			2

Adept Powers (5 points):
Improved Ability Computer (1)		.5
Improved Ability Cybercombat (3)	1.5
Improved Ability E-Warfare (3)		1.5
Improved Ability Hacking (3)		1.5

Qualities:
Exceptional Logic		14
Codeslinger (Data Spike)	10
Astral Beacon			-10
Body 1->3			25
Negative Qualities		-15

Gear (Cyberware):
Cerebral Enhancer (2)		63,000
Used Headware Cyberdeck		262,500
	+Sony CIY-720

Gear (Rigger Command Console):
Vulcan Liegelord		66,000

Gear (Programs):
All Hacker Programs		4,750
All Common Use Programs		540

Gear (IDs):
Fake SIN (4) x2			20,000
Fake Cyberdeck License (4) x2	1,600
Fake RCC License (4) x2		1,600

Gear (Armor):
Armor Jacket			1,000
Helmet				100
Clothing			10

Gear (Vehicle):
Ford Americar			16,000

Lifestyle High x1 Month		10,000

Starts game with 2900 nuyen leftover

1 floating karma, room for negative qualities and contacts.  Needs 24 Points of knowledge skills.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Gravity Pike posted:

I'm not quite clear on how Technomancer abilities work:

Which "bonus dice" is it talking about? Do I have to drop the +3d6 initiative I get for being in VR?

No there, is a +1 or +2 dice for cold and hot simming. I have to go find where it says that.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Just going to throw this out there but gunnery via a remote weapon is logic plus gunnery.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

I originally did it as a low tech approach to B&E job with the crossbow having been tag erased and dumped in your cleaning supply cart. It wasn't electronic and you lacked ware and magic so pretty much nobody was going to give a poo poo about you. You would have impersonation, disguise, and acting to the max. Your job was to get in, maybe get a mental map of the facility and leave a window open for easy entrance for the rest of your team that night. The fact that you double as an amazing face and decent stealth character is all just bonus points. You create false identities and actually own janitorial businesses with those identities so that people don't get sly to the whole idea.

Also you want a bunch of knowledge skills having to do with corps and their functioning so that you can edge those rolls and really know the nitty gritty of the Corporate world.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

You are sinless and you are hosed. Steal a jet. Use your contacts to get from place to place under the noses of the corps. Black mail the security mages. Hack the Gibson and add security exceptions to your fake sin.

You are meant to be the exceptional few who beat the odds by breaking the rules, be a god drat Shadowrunner.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Thought experiment time:
You are a technomancer, you see riggers and deckers and you just feel useless and underpowered. Understandable really, considering how lovely you are in the grand scheme of the Priorities screw over. What are you to do?

Well, you call your sprite buddies of course! Why are they useful you ask? Well lets see...

Sprites are much like spirits of the matrix, and by much like I mean they flat are. They gently caress deckers and riggers and spiders right the gently caress up by nuking them with noise via electron storm. Well that's cool I guess, what else are they good for? Well if there is a single thing electronic in the area you can just kiss it's functionality goodbye because it is getting gremlin-ed. Pray that they don't set up a critical glitch. They stop your party from being accidented to death. All pretty good, but really you can do better.

Well, how about I one up it? Let your Sprites do all of your matrix actions for you. But that requires a mental stat you say, that should be impossible! Unless of course sprites had mental stats because they have device ratings...

"If a device is completely unattended, the Device Rating stands in for any Mental attributes an icon needs but doesn’t have."

So by this you might infer that your sprites can now straight murder people via brute force and hack on the fly because they can be summoned at whatever resonance you are ballsy enough to attempt it at and they effectively get double that in a dice pool. I personally recommend 7 or 8 because you are a human edge machine that really likes having stupid good sprites and you have a wizard boosting your willpower to absurd levels for a time being so that you resist the fade.

The best part is that you can get them to do these absurd checks with one service for the number of initiative passes they get. So minimum 2, most likely 3-4, possible 5. You can own a building if you have enough sprites working for you and you quickly switch all electronics to being under your control via sprite spammed marks (they still have to hand the marks to you.)

Oh, and you don't have to re-summon sprites, just effectively re-bind them, so that drain sink is gone.

This whole build basically requires you to be able to eat drain and have high enough charisma to command a small army of sprites. I like elves and humans but dwarves aren't bad either. You need few skills because you will have the two resonance skills (compiling and registering) at 5 and your sprites will do your actions for you better than you. So Magic A, Attributes and Metatype at B or C, Skills D, Resources E.

I am now looking for a good way to have sprites ride around in drones after I realized that while they had the attributes they won't have the skills to use them (which made me sad.)

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

1. And on page 240 we have the invite mark matrix action and the duration can be permanent! YAY!
-Actually nevermind there is no rebuttal here, I keep forgetting 3 marks does not equate to ownership. I apologize.

2. It doesn't assume it, it is just nice to have. Use all your edge instead.

3.Okay I will give you this one, my original idea and one I forgot to mention is that at character creation you spend one karma per resonance level 7 sprite that you want to get them with one service. You would then proceed to re-register them at your leisure and not have to survive two tests.

So in retrospect all having a bunch of spirits is really good for is murdering all the Matrix users in the area, forcing them off their devices, and spending your time surreptitiously gaining three marks on a thing then format/rebooting it and laughing as it permabricks on a lot of devices at a time.

dirtycajun fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 16, 2013

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

Why do that when you can hack the rifles and mess with their IFF systems? Have the snipers take out the ground resistance FOR YOU.

...and then doom them.

No, he was correct in the pink mohawk approach. It was way better his way.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

I made a character that has massive growth potential via nuyen and karma (initiate for quickening as fast as possible!) that should also be an absolute blast to play. Sink everything you have into initiating, then quickening, and as many skills at 3-4 karma wise.

Without further ado I present The Mirror Shade's Edge!
code:
Human Mystic Adept

Priorities:
Magic		A
Attributes	B
Metatype	C
Skills		D
Resources	E

Attributes:
Body		4
Agility		4
Reaction	4
Strength	3
Willpower	4
Logic		6
Intuition	2
Charisma	1
Essence		6
Magic		6
Edge		7

Adept Powers (6pp):
Light Body 		4 (6)
Adrenaline Boost	6
Improved Longarms	3
Improved Running	3
Wall Running		[FOCI]
Combat Sense		

Spells:
Increase Body
Increase Agility
Increase Reaction
Increase Strength
Imrpoved Willpower
Increase Logic
Increase Intuition
Increase Reflexes
Heal
Improved Invisibility

Qualities & Karma:
Mystic Adept Power Points x6	30
Mentor Spirit (Cat)		5
Qi Foci Binding Karma		4
Resources x10			10
Carry Over Karma x1		1

Skills:
Spellcasting (Health)	5
Arcana			5
Longarms (shotguns)	6 (9)
Running	(Sprinting)	6 (9)
Gymnastics		3 (5)
Sneaking (urban)	1
Perception (urban)	1

Resources:
Wall Running Qi Foci (Force 2):		6,000
Fake Sin (3):				7,500
License (4) x2:				1,600
Enfield AS-7:				2,200
	+shock pad, gas vent (3)	650
	+internal smartlink
Fletchette Ammo x100:			650
Chameleon Suit:				1,700
Helmet:					100
Respirator (6):				300
Squatter Lifestyle:			FREE
Transys Avalon Commlink:		5,000

Starting Nuyen 300+(1d6x20)

Needs 25 points of negative qualities, 3 points of contacts, 16 points of knowledges and language skills

dirtycajun fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Aug 20, 2013

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

I wanted to use more qi foci but that build is tight on resources and karma. I am just happy knowing that it will eventually have a 10 in every stat and ranks in all applicable skills.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

The plan is to quicken. You eventually grab assensing adept foci and then one or two ranks in assensing so wards don't catch you. Dual natured critters suck for everyone. Hopefully you can out run them.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Man you should see the build for one shoting those force 10 wards and spirits. It is hilarious.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

I am still of the opinion technomancers are supposed to only take technomancer skills and maybe e warfare. Let the sprites do all your work for you. Should probably go as a face too since all you really will have going for you is charisma for your small army of sprites.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

I can go further on that idea now that Bull fixed the used cyberware stuff. I haven't yet because gear porn is a lot of math and it took way to long the first time.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

ProfessorCirno posted:

Yeah, gear has always been - and remains - the longest and most annoying part of chargen.

Quite frankly it's one reason I like adepts. Less gear to buy!

I mean, I don't hate doing it but the cyber limbs man. What the gently caress.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Laphroaig posted:

Gonna Break this down into digestible bits.
I personally know Dirty Cajun and when he discusses new builds, he only gets an erection and starts wildly masturbating 3 times out of 10.

This is pretty true. I really am not trying to do anything at the moment other than create things that test just exactly how far I can take this system and the implications of these far flung variants.

I am not trying to start arguments, I am not trying to make you feel bad about what you eventually choose to do. I am here to test my ideas through actual gameplay and do crazy fun stuff because that is the kind of guy I am. I will mirror shades to death but in the end I am the first guy to throw a plan out the window and let my pink mohawk fly.

This is an elf game people and you guys need to stop doing to things in this thread: Getting mad about elf games (this includes being needlessly antagonistic) and grogging out while edition warring. There is a difference between pointing out a better build option and calling people out as idiots for honest mistakes. There is a difference between saying "hey, the older edition did this why did we change?" and "I hate this new edition I have not played gently caress you guys for having fun"

My two cents on dump stats: really charisma for not the face or secondary face feels pretty weak BUT maybe you wanted to have one actual contact? This is a way to do it. Maybe logic at 1 makes no sense because your character has a little specialized knowledge in his field of training. The free points in knowledge and professional skills make sense here, same goes for contacts. I personally am making builds with dumpstats because I am making extreme examples of things right now. Priorities means I can't do everything so I shouldn't try, unless I am making Mr. Clean edge build that does everything because why the gently caress not. Feel free to criticize my choices but just understand I am trying to actively push the boundaries of how this system works. My actual in play character is a punk singing face adept who happens to also be able to shoot a gun and not suck. It isn't the best at everything, but I did specialize and then make sure I could actually be in a fire fight. I like being able to be useful in some capacity at all times because I like to play the game.

I suggest everybody just cool off and just go and play with this game for a bit (and try not to let the poor edit job bog down the fun, it is still shadowrun and it is still a blast) before we get all super angry about each other's choices in an elf game.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Control rig reflexes body and I guess agi as high as you can. Get your rcc. Wired reflexes. Specialize in a single drone so as to not spread points on skills to thin. You will be fine in a fight, just armor up via armor boosted cyber hands.

Also Mogol the enemy decker will have a bitch of a time doing that because of the firewall on your rcc.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

gently caress it, I will just build a decent one real quick.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Mystic Mongol posted:

You've still gotta keep an eye on 'em, which means being in the matrix and not punching baddies.

You don't have to keep an eye on them, your firewall will be pretty drat good. Shoot poo poo every day. Drones providing suppressive fire is pretty great while I am thinking about it.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Gobbeldygook posted:

My games have regular combats, thanks for playing. The difference was that everyone can fight. The mage could stunbolt people or bring spirits to bear while having tolerable defenses, the rigger had steel lynx's and rotodrones with which to rain death, and I believe even the face had Improved Reflexes 2 and a combat skill at 6 by the end of the campaign. The only person who had Hardware skill was the adept, so if there was a maglock they needed to quietly crack (maglock passkey's are really unreliable), he was The Man. But if someone needed killin', well, everyone could do that.

Yes, people will absolutely criticize you for a "pure decker". If the mission is a bug hunt and you have 2 agility and no combat skills, what exactly are you going to do? Or let's look at the SR4 Mission's module Something Completely Different.

Scene 1: Nothing for a hacker to do.
Scene 2: There are things to hack, but it doesn't matter unless the group goes completely off the rails and skips 3/4 of the module; as-written, that's a very serious risk.
Scene 3: Nothing for a hacker to do.
Scene 4: Nothing for a hacker to do.
Scene 5: The Hacker gets a chance to shine! The session grinds to a halt while the hacker and GM try to explain the Matrix rules to the rest of the group that are all suddenly forced to deal with it. However, the scene can also be completed without a hacker.
Scene 6: Nothing for a hacker to do.
Scene 7: Nothing for a hacker to do.

So if you can't contribute to any minigame but hack, you will spend most of the mission playing Angry Birds on your phone. How fun.

In 5e you can basically hack drat near everything BUT a spirit. Just a thought for a wireless world.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

This is my first pass at the combat rigging monster. Please alert me of mistakes, chances there are some in resources. There is room for lots of more crazy stuff because I didn't use much floating karma so you can feel free to make this yours however you see fit. You are not THE frontline combat guy, but you can scout via drones, provide suppressive fire, and take 19 dice pot shots with a smartlinked warhawk. Your defense is pretty great, rolling 17 dice to make shooting miss you and can willpower to 20 and still have 5 edge to survive with. Armor is not the highest because I haven't really optimized this thing but at damage resist tests at 23 dice you should be doing all right. Initiative is at 17+3d6 outside of the matrix so minimum 3 passes unless you roll 3 1's.

So have at him or her. It should be fun!

code:
Human Street Sam Rigger

Priorities:
Attributes	B
Resources	A
Magic		E
Skills		C
Metatype	D

Attributes:
Body		5
Reaction	7 (12)
Agility		1 (9 for your sweet pistol shooting)
Strength	1
Willpower	3
Logic		5 (7)
Intuition	5
Charisma	1
Essence		0.015
Edge		5
Magic		0

Qualities:
Resources x10		10
Exceptional Attribute	14

Skills:
Gunnery				6
Perception (urban)		6 (9 on visuals)
Pilot Aircraft (remote)		6
Pistol (Heavy)			6
Pilot Groundcraft		1
Engineering Skill Group		2

Cyberware:
Wired Reflexes (2)		149,000		3
Alphaware Control Rig (1)	51,600		.8
Cyberhand x1			48,500		.25
	+3 armor, agility 9
Cerebral booster (2)		63,000		.4
Used Reaction Enhancers (3)	29,250		1.125
Alphaware Smartlink		4,800		.16
Orthoskin (1)			6,000		.25

RCC:
Vulcan Liegelord RCC		66,000

IDs:
Fake SIn (4)			10,000
Liscences (4) x6?		4,800

Drones:
Roto-drone			10,000
	+2 weapon slots
Microskimmer x1			1,000	

Programs:
Manuever Rotodrone (6)		3,000
Targeting (Ares Alpha) (6)	3,000
Manuever Microskimmer (6) x1	3,000
Microskimmer Stealth (6)	3,000
Encryption			80
Signal Scrubber			80
Wrapper				250

Guns:
Ares Alpha x2			5,300
Super Warhawk			800 
	w/internal smart gun

Ammo:
Explosive x20			1,600

Armor:
Armor Jacket			1,000
Helmet				2,100
	thermographic, vision enhance (3)

Tools:
Aircraft fixing tools		250

Lifestyle:
Squatter x1 month		500

Starting Nuyen 90+(2d6x40)

dirtycajun fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 23, 2013

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

If you use that build I recommend squeezing some grenades for the alpha's in there and stick and shock ammo. I'd fix it but I think I am going to stop looking at my computer screen for a bit...

Poil posted:

Neat, but how do you keep and repair drones as a squatter? :v:

You use your handy toolkit. I even included it :v:

edit: oh god add a rating 6 respirator some how. Those are important...

dirtycajun fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 23, 2013

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

double post

dirtycajun fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 23, 2013

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

BenRGamer posted:

How do you have Agility 9 in one Cyberhand? I thought it was only 1 Agi per Rating, capped at 3.

You start at 3, add 3 to your normal cap. Then 3 more from enhancement.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

You can't fit 9 agility and 3 armor in a cyberhand though, sadly.

drat, I knew I missed a thing..

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

BenRGamer posted:

Edit: And, yeah, reading up on cyberlimbs again, you can't get Agility 9 in one cyberlimb, the enhancements cap off at +3 for one copy (combined with the default 3 for 6) and you can't have multiple copies of the same enhancement in the same cyberlimb, so no having Agi +3 and Agi +3 in the same limb. The only way around it that I can see is if I had 6 natural agility and customized the cyberlimb up to 6 default agility and then added the +3 enhancement.

You customize a cyberlimb to your natural maximum, which as a human is 6. Then you take enhancement to +3 for the total of 9. It doesn't work in the cyberhand but it works otherwise.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

BenRGamer posted:

It can? I thought customization was only for if you had a higher natural attribute than the cyberlimb gives as a default--otherwise your gimped in that limb for that attribute.

Yeah, taking a look at it, you're right. Okay, time to change things.

Also: I totally hate Wired Reflexes and want Synaptic Booster instead for cheaper essence--but it doesn't stack with Reaction Enhancer :(

They cost so much and riggers want as high a reaction as possible.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

With changes this was the best I could do with the concept. Made the limb just the lower limb and you lose the one in ortho skin for now. You now have your gel ammo, grenades, respirator, slightly better visual perception. I recommend taking explosives as a skill and rigging up some explosive drones eventually. Also of note you and everything slaved to your RCC has a firewall of 7. This means it is going to be quite the bitch to hack you.

Your roto-drone is running both ares alphas specifically because they come with mounted grenade launchers. Fill one with gel ammo so you can have the drone choose NOT to kill everything.

code:
Human Street Sam Rigger

Priorities:
Attributes	B
Resources	A
Magic		E
Skills		C
Metatype	D

Attributes:
Body		5
Reaction	7 (12)
Agility		1 (9 for your sweet pistol shooting)
Strength	1
Willpower	3
Logic		5
Intuition	5
Charisma	1
Essence		.115
Edge		5
Magic		0

Qualities:
Resources x10		10
Exceptional Attribute	14

Skills:
Gunnery				6
Perception (urban)		6 (10 on visuals)
Pilot Aircraft (remote)		6
Pistol (Heavy)			6
Pilot Groundcraft		1
Engineering Skill Group		2

Cyberware:
Wired Reflexes (2)		149,000		3
Alphaware Control Rig (1)	51,600		.8
Cyber lower arm x1		53,500		.45
	+3 armor, agility 9
Cerebral booster (2)		63,000		.4
Used Reaction Enhancers (3)	29,250		1.125
Alphaware Smartlink		4,800		.16

RCC:
Vulcan Liegelord RCC		66,000

IDs:
Fake SIn (4)			10,000
Liscences (4) x6?		4,800

Drones:
Roto-drone			10,000
	+2 weapon slots
Microskimmer x1			1,000	

Programs:
Manuever Rotodrone (6)		3,000
Targeting (Ares Alpha) (6)	3,000
Manuever Microskimmer (6) x1	3,000
Microskimmer Stealth (6)	3,000
Encryption			80
Signal Scrubber			80
Wrapper				250

Guns:
Ares Alpha x2			5,300
Super Warhawk			800 
	w/internal smart gun

Ammo:
Explosive x10			800
Gel x10				250
Flash bang grenade x2		200
HE grenade x2			200

Armor:
Armor Jacket			1,000
Helmet				2,600
	thermographic, vision enhance (4)

Survival:
Respirator (6)			300

Tools:
Aircraft fixing tools		250

Lifestyle:
Squatter x1 month		500

Starting Nuyen 460+(2d6x40)
Your goal is to sit in the back and be really good at not getting shot while you and your drones make life hell for everyone else. As the game stands I don't think I can make you much better at this concept out the gate. You will grow FAST as a character via nuyen, in fact that is what you should be trying to get all the time. You are an inhuman luck machine that can control the battlefield and provide covering fire while your party splits.

dirtycajun fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 24, 2013

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

ProfessorCirno posted:

Yeah, this is how I see it.

The sample characters (even when they are poorly edited and were built on other renditions of the rules, because this is still Shadowrun and still has Catalyst Editing) and given NPCs illustrate how the world works. None of them have 1's. And the vast majority of them have one or two points in a wide array of skills. This illustrates how characters are meant to work.

The Super Specialized At All Costs character is popular because people ignore the "at all costs" part. But there absolutely should be a cost to it. Ignoring it or arguing it's bad GMing to not let you make math sheets with no character who couldn't even survive in the world is a cop out at best.

And yet those characters flat don't function (outside of that orc rigger who is pretty boss imho) in the missions game. Like they straight up get punished for showing up and playing because they aren't even good at the things they specialized in.

I don't know, the book says that you function just fine with ones in stats just not while under any sort of pressure (the dreaded die roll!) This argument is pretty silly but whatever. Feel free to punish players in your games how you see fit because gaming should be an exercise in futility.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

BenRGamer posted:

Oh, last question before I go because it was bugging me.

Is there any point whatsoever to the Proteus Poseiden RCC at all that I read on there? It has the exact same stats as the cheaper/lower availability Vulcan Liegelord...

That's... that's kinda stupid, I think.

You are correct in your finding the trap option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

BenRGamer posted:

Okay, so I'm back and working on my character sheet again.

How good are the 'elemental protection'-style armor mods? (Fire Resistance, Insulation, Nonconductivity, and Chemical Protection)

Edit: Also, quick question, dirtycajun, what are the fake licenses for, exactly? You've got 6 there, but if the GM asks me what they're for... I have no idea other than a restricted weapon, augmentation, or drone permit.

I got to the point where I was throwing them on because you have a bunch of restricted gear. I recommend you go through each piece of gear and see what you can free up, your drone is flat out going to be forbidden from the dual ares alphas strapped to it, so I recommend getting a rigged white van or access to one as soon as possible to keep the bastard in.