Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Osasuna are the best team in Spain. Stick that in your coche bomba and smoke it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hegav posted:

A day after Blatter said there's no "systematic doping in football".

Not only does Sepp know there is systematic doping in football, he knows which teams went to Dr Fuentes and asked for it to be covered up.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

BWV posted:

I dont really care about doping. It seems the line between doping and certain other medical practices which are considered legal is relatively arbitrary and constantly blurred. I also am suspicious of any argument grounded in an appeal to what a body can "naturally" do, which it seems a lot of anti-doping arguments rely on. (I'm also surprised with how what seems to be a regulatory issue quickly becomes an ethical one for many commentators)

The modern football player is socially and biologically nurtured from a young age to perform their job. Is this natural? Is their diet natural? Is their training regiment natural? Is being sent to live in a farm house at the age of 11, learn Catalan, and forced to play monkey in the middle for 8 hours a day natural? What aspects of modern science and pharmacology are really natural?

I'm watching individuals who have been raised to suffer an insane amount of physical stress for my own enjoyment. Does it bother me that they use all the science available to them to make themselves faster and stronger and tire less easily? Not really. Or at least no more so than it does than all the other insane things required throughout their lives in order to be an entertaining product. As long as they are educated as to what they are doing, and financially rewarded, I dont really give a poo poo.

Here is the reason doping is a problem in football. Anyone who dies of a 'undiagnosed heart defect' probably was EPO'd up to the gills.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Who cares, they get paid more money in a week than most people in a whole year to kick a ball around a field, the risk is minimal anyway, there are very few deaths in football considering how widespread doping is.

How many people dying is too many for you? The people dropping dead aren't the rich ones either usually, its the ones trying to break into the big time.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

It happens in literally every sport on earth, some people choose to pretend it doesn't exist but if you like top level sports then you have to accept your favorite athlete is doping.

If Barca was poo poo and Spain was poo poo and they never won anything you and "Tom" wouldn't give a poo poo about Fuentes or anything and you wouldn't bother trolling this thread periodically.

My 'issue' with doping is that while top level clubs condone and make use of it everyone else is forced to in order to compete. There was a doping program discovered at a highschool I used to play rugby against this year. Its getting completely out of hand and idiots like you washing your hands of it is most of the problem.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
There is a Ex Barca CB in literal slavery in England at the moment. Its probably time to have Xavi hold a press conference.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Its a product of out of control player power and taking Pep's vision to its logical head up rear end ourobos conclusion. The league is a joke and the country is falling to pieces but we need the classico circus so that Sid Lowe can write another 10 thousand words on missing a train. It is kinda cute that the 'pure' club sold its soul to Oil barons as part of supporting the single most egregious act of football governance we have seen since women were banned from English football.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
There is only one god and Armenteros is his prophet. The angles reached down and proclaimed 'Lo! From the heavens the Galacticos shall reign triumphant raised to their glory by the works of euskadian men!'

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
We don't need a manager, just get that mate of my dad's (who happens to launder money for drug kingpins)

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Martino is a great manager and one who's widely respected in South America you moron.

Jesus Christ how clueless can you be.

It probably was part of the neymar deal, it just hasn't come out yet.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

He's in the final of the copa del rey, beat man city comfortably in the cl and hes only 3 points off the lead of la liga...

Yes what a failure.

Coming third in a 2 horse race is pretty hilarious.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Modus Trollens posted:

nice melt down El Hefe

melting down worse than the spanish tax department's computer calculating how much tax messi owes

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
For 100m even in today's market you should be expecting to get a player who can literally carry a team to victory on their own. Bale did it at Spurs and Ronaldo does it at Real and Portugal. Neymar is a hilarious bust and the ensuing idiocy involving taxes and hidden fees only makes it that much more embarassing.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ninpo posted:

Neymar is going to be a flop and anyone who thinks otherwise is a delusional Barca plastic. It was a bad business move, move on. Consider Neymar your equivalent of United buying Veron.

I think this is being generous because Veron didn't end up with United in court.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Lladre posted:

It quite simply is. A bunch of sandy cunts on an internet forum may not think so. Who cares.

When I think of paragons of the beautiful game I think of a pack of tax dodging criminals who sold out to a slave state to win the world cup bid for them.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Suqit posted:

It would be pretty cool if you made any posts in here that weren't about your weird hate for Barcelona.

I posted about Osasuna beating Atletico

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Suqit posted:

Unfortunately that one post is overwhelmingly drowned out by your ridiculous over the top hatred of Barcelona.

I am hardly the only person in here berating Barcelona. Would you prefer it to be a whole lot of barca plastics seeing who can fit mes que un dick furthest down their throat?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Was Neymar bought in so that there was somebody less built than him playing as a forward in the CL.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Also Muniesa is showuing he can hack it in England. Barca were retarded to let him go.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The scariest thing is that Bale coming in has seemed to drive him to even more ridiculous form so he isn't in the shadow of the new top transfer man.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Barca are doing really well actually, they are still in the CL for one, where's Liverpool? lol they didn't even qualified for it.

As much as it pains me to say it I would back Liverpool to tear Barca to shreds currently. The idea of the waffen SSS running at Barca's defenders is quite exciting.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Yes you do, you're the moral winner.

Did you remember to add the funded by the death of football and nepalese construction workers quotient before calculating moral points?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Hmm Siete a Cero

Barca seems good to me.

You are always guarenteed a competitive match when a team with a smaller turnover than some clubs in the english third tier is away to a team who are willing to spend 117m on a player they don't even want.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

mackintosh posted:

I heard Tito was feeling better.

Why would tito go back to the club so toxic it gave him cancer?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Lladre posted:

That is awesome.

Barcelona plastic in hypocritical cuntitude shocker

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Someone post the Oh No banner from Serie A.

There is this nagging suspicion I have about Serie A and maybe the results of matches not being on the level.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
They will be allowed to sign players while appealing, then the date of the ban will be backdated to when it was announced and then they will remove 6 months for good faith by the board of barcelona. Coincidentally Qatar Foundation sponsor the 2014 World Cup and Barcelona play a closed doors exhibition game for the EXCO.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Phew, I thought we would had to play Pinto in every game next season.

Pinto is good enough to play in the Copa Del Rey but that's it.

If he was you wouldn't have lost.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Well yeah but he was when Barca was good enough that teams only got one or two chances per game and they scored at least 3 too.

A good keeper would have definitely stopped both of RM's goals obviously.

A good team would have kept Muniesa and sold Batra

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

northward posted:

Muniesa that can't get a game for Stoke?

He has played for Stoke 14 times this season, only 4 of which were in the Cup.He most recently appeared for most of the game vs Cardiff. He is unlucky that he has Shawcross and Wilson ahead of him at CB and Pieters and Cameron ahead of him at fullback but he is getting chances and he doesn't look lost in the prem, unlike Batra who looks lost in la liga.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Good to see the players are on board with Rossell's cultural reforms

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Of course it's the board's fault, who else thought that spending over a hundred million euro on a forward and not signing a single defender was a good idea?

You did until you found out the board had lied and it wasn't actually 40m euro and then the tax man said wait wtf and we all did a lol while Messi's dad laundered money for drug cartels.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I don't like that the media are talking about Barcelona being a bastion of anti-racist thought when their own board decided to ethnically cleanse the playing staff.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Morata is a world class tap in merchant

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
In the last amazing heel turn of the season, I wrote the OP for the la liga thread.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

8raz posted:

Glad to see my new team, as of today, Atletico are doing well.

After the tough times of the 30 minutes when barcelona were up 1-0 you earned that league win, congrats

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Spangly A posted:

these are not my opinions theyre just what people say when I ask them why they dont like Messi.

Also those people tend to mention it a lot when watching him so yeah probably insane.

I agree that he's less fun than Dinho tho but I'm pretty sure I'd still rather have Messi.

I'd rather have Cristiano or Garreth because they are alphas who know how to grab a game and demand it go their way.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Xavi steps upo to the microphones after the disasterous round of golf

'Only one team came to play golf today. We drove, we wedged, we putted. We put on a round of golf any person who appreciates the marvelous game could admire. What did they do? I will tell you. They never came to play golf. They ran around chipping divots out of the fairway. It was disgusting to see. They even parked their cart in front of the hole. How can you be proud to play golf that way, it was an insult to such a wonderful course to put on a display like that.'

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Chas McGill posted:

I have an easier time picturing Xavi at the billiards table than a golf course. He and Iniesta are playing a quiet game which is disrupted by Bale and Ronaldo hootin' and hollerin' too loud at the nearby extra-large pocket American Pool table with a blacklight above it.

I have this vision of them playing safeties constantly and never actually sinking a single ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Barca wins the Copa Catalunya :hellyeah:

That is even less prestigious than the emirates cup

• Locked thread