Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

quote:

He said: "I Became the head coach of a team for the first time in 2000 (with Benfica), but before then I was an assistant at some great clubs and worked with great coaches and some of the best players in the world. When I was 30 years old I coached Ronaldo. Not that one, the real one, the Brazilian. "

loving hell José Mourinho sounds so bitter. Guess the rumours about Cristiano and him falling out were true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I will easily predict that this is the year we win La Decima. For sure this time. Nothing can go wrong. Nop.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

northward posted:

Is there any chance of C Ronaldo leaving Madrid for Man Utd? The papers seem to be very definitive, and Calderon confirmed that Man Utd have been talking to Madrid about it.

No. There is zero chance of Ronaldo leaving.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Guillem Balague wrote this two months ago

quote:

Ronaldo will not leave Real Madrid this summer. I have been told by the club I can swear that he is not going anywhere this summer, so I swear that he will not.

In the same article he also writes

quote:

Villa could have gone to Arsenal in a four year deal in January but instead now he has on the table an offer from Atletico Madrid
~~~
Gareth Bale, meanwhile, will be the saga of the summer. Real Madrid will try to get him, Spurs will demand Ł80 million. The player doesn't want to force his way out a la Modric, so we are going to hear a lot about this one.

So that gives him a decent amount of credibility.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ragle posted:

Madrid would obviously accept less. €999,999,999 won't be turned down.

A journalist wrote two months ago a club source told him Ronaldo wouldn't leave this summer. Players leave after the club swears they won't, every transfer window.

Set yourself up for disappointment then. Mourinho hit the nail on the head when he said that Real Madrid is not just about sport, it's about politics as well. There is zero chance of Ronaldo leaving.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

NattyBo posted:

Sport and EMD are both reporting it. Sounds not that serious...just, obviously, an iron deficiency which could lead to excess fatigue if not checked

Barcelona confirmed it to AP. It's suspect as gently caress that he suddenly has a low hematocrit level but guess Spain will be Spain.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

vaginal culture posted:

Sorry but Santa Claus isn't real. He's pinning that EPO like crazy now.

Can't believe they'd make it public or how did it leak out? They should really avoid any appearance of blood manipulation. Something silly going on there.

A day after Blatter said there's no "systematic doping in football".

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

You have to be god drat naive not to believe every single big football club in the world is doping. I mean, Bundesliga is the only league in the world that will do blood tests (in this season) - and even then they'll only do 10% of the doping tests as blood.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Actually there's something more important going on. Javier Tebas announced the teams that's under suspicion of match fixing.

He's backed up by Miguel Cardenal and Joaquin Boadas (Girona were the club who told the league about all of this stuff)

Levante v Deportivo, Levante v Celta, Zaragoza v Atletic are the La Liga matches being investigated.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Danish media is pretty sure that Agger will be going to Barcelona. Reports came out around March that he were almost a Barca players last year but Vilanova called it off at the last moment because he wanted to give Bartha a run out.

quote:

I wonder what Barca would look like with a three man backline.
Pep tried that a few times in his last season, didn't work out. You have to remember that a three man backline in it's essence is a more defensively formation than a 4 back because you keep 3 CBs back home.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

This is how the team will most likely look against Betis based on who has started and played the most in the pre-season.
Varane/Pepe, Arbeloa/Carvajal. Xabi Alonso and Illarramendi is injured.

Two of the midfield slots will be taken by Alonso, Illarramendi, Khedira or Casemiro. Modric can play both deep or further up field. Guess Özil and Isco will just run around as it pleases them.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

We don't speak of Kaka.. man what a mistake that transfer was.

Abidal were called up for the French national team as well. Barca really should have given him another year.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Without any plan? The plan for him was to play well. A lot of Madrid fans were more excited about Kaka signing than Ronaldo.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

€68.500.000, not to mention his insane wage.. :negative:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Tbh he's very well liked in the squad and good mates with the Portuguese players. Kaka arrived and kept getting serious knee injury, losing pace each time. Ancelotti has put him on "special" training and told him to hit the gym and get some muscles. Will be interesting to see if he can fix him but I doubt it.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Luckily I can't, finally the good teams starts playing the football tonight.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

That was quick.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I hate Levante

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

tetsman posted:

So stay in bed! (hahahahaha)

lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

this league sucks

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Because of you whiners and poo poo poster is that this thread is dead

God you are annoying

Nah, it's probably because our league is dying.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Watch us tie 2-2 later

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ragle posted:

Diego Lopez is starting for Madrid because he is their best GK
Mou was right

Fair enough, would be hard to just drop him. Think he'll ease Casillas back into the starting spot.

Diego López; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo; Khedira, Modric; Özil, Isco, Cristiano; Benzema

Would have liked to see Casemiro play instead of Khedira tbh.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Just remembered Betis bought Andersen and he'll play tonight. Time to see ol' soap gloves in action.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

In their live chat a few mins prior to the line-up announcements
"No se esperan grandes sorpresas por parte de ninguno de los dos entrenadores."

lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Good save that

e: ok that was 2 stupid errors by Lopez, bet hes affected by the situation as well

Hegay fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 18, 2013

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

the gently caress is lopez doing

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

cedric cost Betis €1 and 21 cent

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Benzema can't keep onside, get Morata on

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Can you explain this because lol

Symbolic release clause if any La Liga clubs wanted him (he played in Segunda)

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

lol second own goal by that guy but both got disallowed

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

BENZEMA OFFSIDE AGAIN FFS

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

i never doubted him!!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Please stay back Khedira

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

god we're poo poo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Khedira should seriously just stay back, he leaves behind a huge amount of space every time he goes forward, get Casemiro in

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ISCOOOOOOOOO yeessss

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

What a match. Everything under control. Keeping the score realistic as to not kill the league, what a gentleman club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

NattyBo posted:

Betis looks like they might be able to keep up what they started last year, no? They looked like they might be able to hold their own in the Europa league.

Yeah and some good signings from them as well. Verdu looked like a boss out there. Guess the important thing is they still have the same back four as last season.

• Locked thread