Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Betacord
Mar 24, 2013

7 DAYS / 1 PROGRAM
Looks excellent, should go well with the 1.6 injection motor. Useful being a Wagon too.

I'm currently fixing up an early 1.3 LX hatch with the old E-series. Ignore the primer, it's a temporary look I've been sporting, I've bought the paint. It's only done 55K, but the spec list is much more miserly than yours, LX was the base in the UK so I've got no power anything.

Always found the old BD/BF/BG series Mazdas a good drive, nice accurate steering and revvy (but oddly quite thirsty for what they are) engines. Make sure you check under those little plastic covers on the rear arch bottoms, dirt gets in there and rots it out. Suspect that won't be a problem given your location! Enjoy it, looks like a really good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betacord
Mar 24, 2013

7 DAYS / 1 PROGRAM
Surprisingly less extra buttons than I expected. And a non-tach gauge cluster! What a strange spec. Jealous of your mid-spec steering wheel and better door cards with fabric arm rests though.

By the way if you can get hold of the appropriate gauge cluster with tach, it should work plug-and-play straight in with no extra wiring. Does on the Euro-spec ones anyway.

Betacord
Mar 24, 2013

7 DAYS / 1 PROGRAM
A-plate is 83/84. And I'm familiar with that car! It was for sale a while back with the standard wheels on. Given how well the front valances like to rot on those, combined with the rarity of the 4-door, looks a bit of find.

Since there's 323s all over the joint I might as well post up this other one I often forget I have, since I've owned it for years and haven't driven it legally on a road due to rot/car-hoarding problems. The quality of the digital photo probably gives you an idea of how long I've had it:

Registered 85, just before they replaced them with the new BF-based model from the OP. I think in the US they were still called a GLC by then. Must have seemed pretty hilariously dated in comparison with the latest in late 70s technology, but they'd upgraded to the "big block" 1500 motor by then.

As a fan of oddball or formerly popular cars I'd love to go to that Concours D' LeMons show, seems completely in line with my ethos. You get to see conventional classics pretty easily if you go looking for them, when do you get to look at super-clean old 323 wagons?

Betacord
Mar 24, 2013

7 DAYS / 1 PROGRAM
What's happening with the wagon?

I got the paint sorted out on the hatchback, just need some buffing:

Also need to repaint the wheels, one of four completed (other side).

Just noticed I need to repaint the wiper arms too. Wish I'd not looked.

• Locked thread