Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
At this rate Portsmouth will reach the heady heights of *waves hand vaguely* tenth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
It's like we're actively trying to go down :gonk:

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

As a Bristol City fan this has been an awful season. Being bad to average in a league I though we'd escaped under Gary Johnson.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JoylessJester posted:

As a Bristol City fan this has been an awful season. Being bad to average in a league I though we'd escaped under Gary Johnson.

You could be a Rovers fan. My mates are all about ready to hang themselves as they contemplate playing Forest Green away.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Psybro posted:

Can't believe the inevitable end of Stevenage FC's hashtag bantz has come and now my nearest game is loving Mansfield again

You love the one call and our friendly stewards

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Corrode posted:

You could be a Rovers fan. My mates are all about ready to hang themselves as they contemplate playing Forest Green away.

As this thread's token Exeter fan I would be super fine with Torquay and Rovers going down even though it takes away the easiest away day I'm ever going to get.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Unbeaten in fifteen, conceded three goals in this run. Day after boxing day we were 22nd, now we are 7th, five points clear in the play offs.

York City are magic.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

britishbornandbread posted:

York City are magic.
Whereas Wimbledon will have some points magically vanish.

We fielded an ineligible player :(

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I hope they relegate you.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

I don't :ohdear:

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
this thread only alive when the season starts or is about to end.

how does it feel to support a bad team in a bad league

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

it's a bit dreary not to have a lot of posting happening but quite good to actually go to games imo

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

at the moment I love it op

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Tranmere have had better seasons. Ronnie's in big trouble if my TOP INSIDER source is true

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Unbeaten in fifteen, conceded three goals in this run. Day after boxing day we were 22nd, now we are 7th, five points clear in the play offs.

York City are magic.

York City is the only League Two away game that excites me even remotely so you can gently caress off

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Im still hoping Burton get into 4th so they play like york I don't think I can stand going to southend twice in a short space of time

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Psybro posted:

York City is the only League Two away game that excites me even remotely so you can gently caress off

Enjoy your death trap, ladies!

Captain Cancer
Sep 18, 2005

Teach em' young
York coming up would be ace. I had a long weekend in York booked up, including non-refundable train tickets, when it was called off due to a waterlogged pitch at 9am, back in 2012. Better than getting to the KitKat soccer arena and having it called off then, but incredibly disappointing nonetheless. One of the few grounds I've still not done and I have a rock solid hard-on for old school, lower league stadiums.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

I was there a few weeks back and it really is a great throwback wooden seats in the main stand uneven stands terracing an open terrace for the away fans to get piss wet through on. Parking round there is poo poo though and when i got back to my car a van or something had twatted my wing mirror

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

who the gently caress drives to York get the train and get piss drunk in our many ace pubs

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Captain Cancer posted:

York coming up would be ace. I had a long weekend in York booked up, including non-refundable train tickets, when it was called off due to a waterlogged pitch at 9am, back in 2012. Better than getting to the KitKat soccer arena and having it called off then, but incredibly disappointing nonetheless. One of the few grounds I've still not done and I have a rock solid hard-on for old school, lower league stadiums.

Could be worse, we drove to Exeter for a 3pm kickoff vs loving Port Vale and it got called off at about 2. We then accidentally found ourselves in our firm's pub (because apparently we have one?) who were all really hosed off that the Port Vale firm weren't coming down for a scrap.

The idea of League 2 firms is loving hilarious.

who the gently caress drives to York get the train and get piss drunk in our many ace pubs

Is the rock bar still there and does it still do 4 shots for 5 quid?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Not sure which is the rock bar? there used to be one on Gillygate quite near Bootham Crescent.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Not sure which is the rock bar? there used to be one on Gillygate quite near Bootham Crescent.

Na, it's this one: http://www.gibsonsyork.com/

Also protips - the strip club next door is shite (no shock) but Saffron is loving tasty.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

hahaha gently caress off Micklegate.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

hahaha gently caress off Micklegate.

As I said, 4 shots for a fiver, wasn't grumbling. The nightclub in the converted church was a bit dodgy though.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

Na, it's this one: http://www.gibsonsyork.com/

Also protips - the strip club next door is shite (no shock) but Saffron is loving tasty.

i went there on my 2nd stag do and the lass who whipped me on stage asked for my number and we did a lol

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

stickyfngrdboy posted:

i went there on my 2nd stag do and the lass who whipped me on stage asked for my number and we did a lol

If it's the same lass who was working there when we went she was the most attractive so congrats I guess!

(top football discussion ITT)

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

they do have the best pubs in yorkshire if you go to york and don't use them you're mad

mfcrocker posted:

If it's the same lass who was working there when we went she was the most attractive so congrats I guess!

(top football discussion ITT)

sorry, back to football, I would love it very much if york got promoted.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

The Croc posted:

I was there a few weeks back and it really is a great throwback wooden seats in the main stand uneven stands terracing an open terrace for the away fans to get piss wet through on. Parking round there is poo poo though and when i got back to my car a van or something had twatted my wing mirror

Is half the away terrace sealed off still? The wall/gents toilet is quite funny too. Not been to York in a while, not likely to either :sigh:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Please Swindon keep bottling it for the last 10 minutes

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Popehoist posted:

Please Swindon keep bottling it for the last 10 minutes

I think I jinxed it :stare: 2 red cards for the promotion bottle merchants

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Promotion hangovers, gotta love them.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

What's that? Come back from behind to draw 4-4 in the last minute???

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Popehoist posted:

I think I jinxed it :stare: 2 red cards for the promotion bottle merchants

A lad at work is a ref, I asked him who he had this weekend, he tells me he's got Notts/Swindon... I said ah great you like Swindon don't you? Oh of course your a Swindon fan he says...

Apparently he doesn't like me...

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up

Timbers Jim posted:

What's that? Come back from behind to draw 4-4 in the last minute???

Can't remember the last time we came back from three down!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Can't put down Torquay but can beat Scunny off the park to lock up League 2 footy. Go figure Tis.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

Rusty! posted:

Can't remember the last time we came back from three down!

It's a mark of the change that has occurred over the last month and a half that when we were 4-2 down I was thinking "Yeah we can get this"

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Zero Star posted:

Whereas Wimbledon will have some points magically vanish.

We fielded an ineligible player :(
Turns out we've gotten a £5,000 fine (suspended until the end of next season) and a three-point deduction.

Meaning, we're still 6 points clear of the drop zone with one game left. :)

Zero Star fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 29, 2014

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

shoutouts to oldham for not turning up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

Yo if anyone wants to go see an entertaining game

• Locked thread