Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HCO Plumer GCB GCM
Apr 29, 2010

"Gentlemen, we may not make history tomorrow, but we shall certainly change the geography."
Top of the league at the end of the year ?

Uwe who ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
The worst part of notts getting relegated is that it won't even get me away from this lovely loving thread

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Ahahahaha get bummed stevenage, get bummed psybro

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

lol also get bummed swindon

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Popehoist posted:

We are hosed & I hope Mansfield go down so I don't have to miss a doable away game because I am never loving going there again.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Popehoist posted:

Every time I see your avatar it really makes me miss Rubens :saddowns:

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I dunno how a side in League 1 with relegation form has managed to get John Brayford until the end of the season but I'll take it. Also signed someone from the Scottish first division who'll probably turn out to be as poo poo as the rest of them we've had from there.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

shaun derry posted:

“That’s disgusting and I can’t believe that we got ourselves in that position after 15-20 minutes,” he said.

“In my honest opinion, we started playing selfishly as individuals, not as a team, and I can’t accept that.

“Once again we’ve absolutely pressed the self-destruct button, just like we did away at Peterborough, and that’s six points that could be unbelievably costly between now and the end of the season and I’m not accepting it.

“There’s a lack of discipline across the board, from red cards to other offences that I’ll keep private, it’s engrained in the players and they’ve got to take responsibility for their own actions and for their own profession.

“I take responsibility for mine, Greg [Abbott] takes responsibility for his and the staff we’ve got take responsibility for theirs and that’s what hurts.

“It should be an embarrassed dressing room – because I’m embarrassed.”

he's lost the dressing room imo

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

If it was supposed to be a motivational tactic it doesn't seem to have worked imo

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26301921

why it went so well for county today?

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
I hope everyone is knuckling down and watching a truly terrible game of football

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

I am, it's a right old trudge

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

An actual honest to god chance

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
So, a Wolves supporter buys a shirt. On sale, no less:

Whoops.

One twitter message to Wolves official account, and:

League One teams have a sense of humor at times, it appears. This is what the letter says:

quote:

Dear Richard

I'm very sorry to hear you've received a shirt with an upside down badge on it.

Although we've been riding on the crest of a wave recently, in terms of results, we pride ourselves on the quality of our shirts and we certainly don't get a badge of honour on this occasion.

That said, the world can sometimes look better upside down — last year's league table being just one example.

Please accept our apologies, along with a ticket (printed the right way up) to our home game versus Shrewsbury on the 15th March. We'll also take you into the Dressing Room to meet the players before the match, where you can get both shirts signed.

Thanks, as always, for your support.

Best regards

Matt Grayson

Wolves

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
that's a pretty cool thing for wolves to do imo

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
hahhahaha we are poo poo and somehow four points off the playoffs in League Two eat poo poo Wimbledongs

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Speaking of Wolves I might have to change my avatar. Turns out they aren't always a poo poo football team after all. :unsmith:

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

Three nil nils in a row so that's um well it's not losses I guess

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
This also marks the first time in wolves history that they won 9 consecutive games. I just get that horrible feeling that when they do go back up to Division 1the Championship next season it will be back to the same old boring mid table wolves everyone remembers from the 90s.

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Tasty game tonight it had everything, 4 penalties, a 40 yard strike with the keeper off his line, and we beat coventry and probably won't even get relegated

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Two points off the playoffs. At one point in December we had gone nine games without a win.

Nigel Worthington is God.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Timbers Jim posted:

Three nil nils in a row so that's um well it's not losses I guess

Congratulations jim.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Imagine being in the relegation zone, the shame of it.

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Spiller fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Mar 12, 2014

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I like how Akinfenwa is celebrating way before it goes in

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I think I would like our manager to not manage our team any more.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

britishbornandbread posted:

hahhahaha we are poo poo and somehow four points off the playoffs in League Two eat poo poo Wimbledongs

24 bad teams

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Joe loving Murphy...

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

:getin:

Thanks to David Weir for the great start

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Haha I knew you lot were doing well lately, but that is some turnaround

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

My rangers friend refused to believe me when I tried to explain how poo poo Davie Weir is by the fact he dragged promotion contenders into the relegation zone. "No, the team is probably just shite!" he said. Hah.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

HAHAHAHA we are in the play off spots and we're going up HAHAHAHA

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
EDIT: Wrong Thread.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 23, 2014

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9iAqzfJ9Gw

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
If Wolves win today I will definitely change my avatar. I haven't looked forward to a football game like this in ages. It's...weird.

:getin:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Today is the last of four season-defining games in a row for Colchester, against sides around them at the foot of the table. They've won one and lost two so far, but other results have been reasonably favourable. The defeat to Oldham was a big blow, especially as I considered that to be the most winnable of the four, but in effect it all boils down to today's game against Crewe. Will be an interesting couple of hours at any rate.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Can't believe the inevitable end of Stevenage FC's hashtag bantz has come and now my nearest game is loving Mansfield again

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Today ended up being a complete nothing day so it's okay that the trapdoor is one team thinner now.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Can't you all just roll over for us? I mean really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Popehoist posted:

Can't you all just roll over for us? I mean really?

We had your back man

• Locked thread