Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Welcome to the Football League 1 and League 2 thread which I had a go at posting since there's none yet and I'm leaving to see the mighty Gills soon.

These are the tables at the start of the season, apparently we're sponsored by Sky Bet now.

The season's started bright and early so we have one less game to play on a cold and wet tuesday night and one more on a saturday. That was the only relevant subtitle I could come up with I'm afraid. Sheffield United have already beaten Notts County 2-1 to sit temporarily at the top. Excuse the thin thread devoid of pictures but I guess we cloggers are used to the drab.

Some of the comers and goes include Bristol City, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Peterborough United down from the Championship to League 1. Wolves are supposed to be the title favourites according to this BBC guide I'm copying, but this poster doesn't agree, I'd rather tip Peterborough or something. Meanwhile Coventry City look likely to get a sizeable 10 point reduction very early on after going into liquidation which will keep one of those relegation spots filled for a while if so. Gillingham, Rotherham, Port Vale and Bradford have come up from League 2 to try to avoid the remaining ones.

Mansfield Town are back in League 2 from the conference along with Newport County who apparently have been out of the football league for about 25 years. They join the fourth tier scrap along with Scunthorpe, Hartlepool, Bury and Portsmouth who didn't manage to cling on to League 1. Last season it was a real bloodbath at the bottom of the table with everyone in the thick of it before it was confirmed on the final day that Barnet's great escapes would finally end in the same year as Wigan's and they join Aldershot in the non-league wilderness. It could be the same again this year.

Here's the opening day's fixtures.

The football's back...!!!

Spiller fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Hmm nothing like an early bumming from Wolves to bring your expectations back down to reality

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Captain Cancer posted:

What more, you'll overtake Gills when you beat us on Sunday.

Can't believe how well you're doing to be quite honest. I feel rather foolish that the thought of one less relegation spot to worry about ran through my mind during your troubles

Agreed with all this. I hope we will win a game soon.

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

feels good to win a game again, exciting and invigorating I think.

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Oh no Mad Dog has been sacked.

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

britishbornandbread posted:

hahahaha gently caress off Mad Dog you weird oval office.

lol as much as he is a bit of a prick it seems a bit harsh after winning the League 2 title and now sitting at 17th. Maybe something behind the scenes

Blue Screen Error posted:

Akinfenwa player manager?

I can get behind this.

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

It's FA cup but I can't wait to watch Gillingham take on Brackley Town live on BT sport, this is what it's all about

oh no Martin Allen is commentating in his weird voice

Spiller fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 18, 2013

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

idk what to say about this season there's nothing but at least there are probably 4 worse teams than us in league 1.

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

lol also get bummed swindon

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

I am, it's a right old trudge

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Tasty game tonight it had everything, 4 penalties, a 40 yard strike with the keeper off his line, and we beat coventry and probably won't even get relegated

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Spiller fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Mar 12, 2014

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Haha I knew you lot were doing well lately, but that is some turnaround

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

it's a bit dreary not to have a lot of posting happening but quite good to actually go to games imo

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

wow a danny hollands hat-trick, I'm a big fan of danny hollands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Come on Leyton Orient

• Locked thread