Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Ball sanitation: Is there anything I need to not do first wash? Can I use soap? Just punch myself until all the dirt comes off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gothmog1065 posted:

Ball sanitation: Is there anything I need to not do first wash? Can I use soap? Just punch myself until all the dirt comes off?

Just be gentle if you mean the first actual wash according to medical advice, you can't get the area wet for a few days afterward so assuming this is after that few days just go easy.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

FAUXTON posted:

He didn't even prescribe antibiotics afterward? I had a course of antibiotics and like a half-dozen tabs of some opioid/anti-inflammatory combo.

I'm not sure if antibiotics are normal. I didn't get any, and never even bothered to fill my pain meds. (He did give me a 'scrip for 50 Tramadol). I just took Ibuprofen the first couple of days and then I was fine.

Gothmog1065 posted:

Just follow your Dr. post op instructions. I was told not to take a shower/bath the day of, and to avoid submerged baths for a while. I found just normal gentle cleansing with my normal soap was just fine in the affected area.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
How long is the bruising supposed to last? I'm about 10 days removed from my vasectomy and I still have some pretty gnarly bruising on the front of my sack. It doesn't hurt, and I don't have any pain or discomfort at all anymore from the procedure. Just wondering if this is normal this far out.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Retail Slave posted:

How long is the bruising supposed to last? I'm about 10 days removed from my vasectomy and I still have some pretty gnarly bruising on the front of my sack. It doesn't hurt, and I don't have any pain or discomfort at all anymore from the procedure. Just wondering if this is normal this far out.

Might be a hematoma thing if it's still got gnarly bruising this far out. Check back in with your doc and have him take a look.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Is it normal for everything to be tender when the stitching starts to come out?

e: to add to this, I kind of pulled some of the scabbing off last night after my shower, and it's been kind of oozing today, a little blood on my boxers. Right now I have one of those big square bandages covering it, is this normal or should I be making an appointment to the doc (or calling them)?

No real pain, just a bit of sensitivity and oozing now.

Gothmog1065 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 10, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gothmog1065 posted:

Is it normal for everything to be tender when the stitching starts to come out?

e: to add to this, I kind of pulled some of the scabbing off last night after my shower, and it's been kind of oozing today, a little blood on my boxers. Right now I have one of those big square bandages covering it, is this normal or should I be making an appointment to the doc (or calling them)?

No real pain, just a bit of sensitivity and oozing now.

A) how long since surgery
B) tenderness is normal, oozing blood not so much though if you busted the scab that's normal if you get the idea

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

A) how long since surgery
B) tenderness is normal, oozing blood not so much though if you busted the scab that's normal if you get the idea

Two weeks ago tomorrow. Most of it is coming off in the shower when I clean.

E: looks like I do have a minor infection, actually have to cover it and put antibiotic cream on it. Nothing worth writing home about.

Gothmog1065 fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 11, 2016

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I'm 41 with two kids. I just had my procedure this morning. For me the actual procedure itself was almost 100% painless. Aside from the needle prick which was really no big deal, less pain than a dental needle for a filling, There was just one tiny "jolt" as I would describe as he was in the middle of my left side. He added a little more lidocaine and the rest of the procedure was painless. I think I was most uncomfortable because I was worked up anticipating possible pain. He had me take an antibiotic before the procedure and only prescribed Norco 365 for pain. I found the codeine was messing with my head so after that dose was done I'm just taking tylenol and putting frozen pea bags down there when I feel things tighten or ache. Currently been sitting in bed for the last 7 hours taking it as easy as I can letting my wife wait on me hand and foot. We'll see what tomorrow brings. So far no complaints. Great thread BTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Well here I am three weeks later. I have nothing but a positive report. Things were a touch tender for about a week and I was a little freaked out about "cleaning the pipes" but once that occurred all fears subsided. Everything functions and looks the same as before as if nothing happened. The stitches have fallen out on their own and all I can say is that I feel completely normal. If anyone is on the fence of having this procedure - jump off.. it's not bad at all. Just follow the after care instructions to the letter. Good luck everyone!

• Locked thread