Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
All the promos for the show are absolutely amazing. Last season's were great too but these...wow. I can't think of another show that had such interesting teasers.

I also missed almost all of last season and I'm obsessively checking Netflix every day to see if it's been put up yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
The first episode of season one has a main character crying and masturbating at the same time while looking out a window buck rear end naked, so there's that.

*It may not have been the first episode, maybe the second?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I can't understand a lot of what Bates is saying and I have the volume up high.

Edit: when she was slapping her daughter.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet

Hollis posted:

I think he meant like lighting wise.

Oh good, it's not just my lovely TV, then.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Fashion Bitch Memaw.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
American Horror Story: Coven- My Frickin' Vagina is Sweating!

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I feel like I've heard this lalala song before. What is it?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I loved Murder House because my favorite part of ghost stories is finding out the background of the ghosts.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Reverse death dicking--calling it.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I thought Kyle was from up north based on his accent. Or did I imagine that?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I wonder how many times she's died before and brought herself back and if she can take life away as well.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Oh my god, no.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
OH MY GOD, NO

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Sure, why not?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I think she was just trying to build the illusion of camaraderie but she was really just letting Madison get drunk and letting her think that they were getting blitzed together.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I wonder if Nan can do way more than she lets on but chooses to hide it since her clairvoyance allows her to see it's not in her best interest if she doesn't want to get her throat slit.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
That's going to be the opening scene next week.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I'd have to watch the scene again, but now I'm taking from it that Fiona wasn't belittling Marie because she was black, but because she comes from a coven wherein the magic is potion and spell based. Fiona sees her own "tribe" as better because their magic is innate and based on focusing your mind. In the first episode, she's a bitch to her daughter about her "little potions [and plants?]" maybe because that falls more under Marie's type of magic. I think if she thought black witches were beneath her, she would not even allow Queenie to be in that house.

Or maybe she's just loving with LaLaurie, I don't know.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet

AGirlWonder posted:

It's definitely primarily about voodoo versus traditional "witchcraft." But given that all of the former are black, and all* of the latter are white, there's a racial overtone. Fiona's speech about Tituba being an ignorant slave doesn't help.

*Queenie states that she is descended from Tituba, who was one of the voodoo practitioners.

Oh I don't deny the racial overtones, I just meant the audience's perception of the racism vs. Fiona's. I forgot about the ignorant slave comment, somehow.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
A racist truck appears!

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Shot in the face while being the other woman again.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Have they mentioned whether or not they're supposed to keep their abilities/lineage a secret from their significant others? Or is it assumed that they end up with men who are also involved in the coven?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Oh my god this music.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I don't know if it was mentioned, but maybe the Salem witch coven was pissed because if Tituba had never taught those girls magic and revealed herself, they wouldn't have had most of their coven murdered?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Does anyone else feel like the acting in this scene is pretty poo poo?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
What was in that? Bleach?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I just missed all of the Myrtle scene because of a phone call. Can anyone recap please?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
After Zoe used her magic vagina on Kyle and Madison, Kyle learned how to talk again and Madison was able to feel again. I'm sure someone could write up a longer, better worded observation.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I don't know why I thought this, but I thought they were going to do a lot of back and forth flashbacky stuff (like in Fox's Sleepy Hollow) and that we were going to see lots of scenes taking place in 1600s Massachusetts.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet

MadSparkle posted:

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I am watching season 2 on Netflix now (had only gotten 3 or 4 episodes into it before) and as batshit as it is, it's a hell of a lot more cohesive and even coherent than this season. That is definitely saying something.

I feel the same way, and the fact that I can watch it uninterrupted makes it that much better. I'm upset that the opening credits for coven are monumentally more interesting than the season itself and now I just want to go watch the Craft.

Also gently caress, how has Fairuza Balk not been cast in an AHS season yet?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
The first one was great for me because I love haunted house stories and being able to find out each of the ghost's backstories was my favorite part.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
In Asylum, why do the characters call him Bloodyface when they can't possibly know about the mask he wears? The only time anyone would see him wear it would be right before they died.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I missed when they specifically said they had Myrtle do it. Also, was the guy siting in the father son meeting the same guy who played the principal in Buffy whose mother was a slayer killed by Spike?

Also, what's Myrtle's power besides high fashion?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
This sounds weird but I love when shows and movies use serious songs like that for horrible death scenes. I've only ever seen them use opera before though.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I think like dying may be the catalyst in activating more powers in Nan if they end up making her supreme. Other than that, it logically should be misty since she brought herself back from the dead.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Well Misty did say that Madison had been dead too long/had too much death in her and almost didn't bring her back. Maybe that's why. Or because Ryan Murphy.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
What this season is missing is a sense of despair. In Murder House, this was done through the various ghosts, especially the character of the maid. In Asylum, well...all of it.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
My favorite part about this season is Angela Bassett's evil laugh.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Maybe she's different because not only did she die in Murderhouse, but unlike the other ghosts (save for one) she's actually buried there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
The thing is, when you have a main character crysturbating butt rear end naked in the first episode of the first season, it's hard to reach that hilarity again. The closest it got for me was Ian McShane getting indignant about the Christmas photo.

• Locked thread