Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Man, I am hugely excited for this. Can't wait to see the gruesome stuff that Delphine Lalaurie does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I really hope he actually is a USDA agent inspector, only he goes around harvesting prime cuts of human meat to replace pork or something like that. Because that would be simultaneously crazy but believable in the world of AHS.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I thought the portrayal of sexuality and relationships on Caprica was really great, and one of the best parts of the series. RDM's 17th Precinct pilot (which was excellent on all counts, I can't believe it didn't get picked up) seemed like it could have been the same way, going from what I remember of some of the characters' setup.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I agree that this episode was one of the more lackluster ones this season (the first scene especially was kind of jarring in how out of place and stiltingly-acted it was*) but I did appreciate that the LaLaurie/Laveau scene near the end (at least as I took it) was basically LaLaurie making clear that any sympathy she had shown so far was just her trying to manipulate Queenie and the other witches.

*I've never seen anything Gabourey Sidibe has been in before, but I knew she won/was nominated for a ton of awards for Precious, so I was expecting her to be really awesome. But really I think her acting has been pretty much near the bottom of the cast this season.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Coven was amazing if you view it as a series of awesome vignettes instead of a cohesive story or season.

Drifter posted:

The ideas were present and interesting, but the execution suffered immensely.

These two posts basically sum up my thoughts on Coven. There were a ton of hugely interesting and genuinely amusing and intriguing scenes, and even a few whole episodes (mainly the early ones). But they completely fell apart by the supposed overarching plot - which, again, had the framework of something that could have been compelling, but completely fell apart on even having an internal continuity.

• Locked thread