Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

King Vidiot posted:

The only stupid thing about her intro in this latest episode was that she said "I guess I got some new powers". That power wasn't new, you idiot. Also her actor can't act, holy poo poo.

It wasn't the shot in the head that would kill her, it was the gutshot of a blessed silver bullet. Her voodoo only works when she inflicts the injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Eddie Nashton posted:

You guys had the last two seasons, this one is mine.

This is precisely how I feel. I HATED season two. Is this season scary? Clever? Nope! But I am having the most ridiculous amount of fun laughing at and with it.

Lord help me, I loved how they did the CEO murder scene. Fiona and Axe Man exchanging little glances and smiles and touches, it was the most adorable murder spree ever. "I love you more than jazz." :3:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Wizardryo posted:

I think I missed an episode -- was there any point to the crazy neighbor storyline? Nan was really the only one who had any interaction with her but then it ended randomly (and Nan's arc ending was just as randomly abrupt). I feel like they wasted so much screentime with her when it ultimately went nowhere and wasn't even an interesting sideplot. I suppose they did it so they can show that even sweet, innocent Nan is capable of killing someone, but I still don't really know why they bothered? :shrug:

No, it didn't really serve a purpose, they just tied it loosely to the main plot points like Nan developing more powers, Madison's jealousy over boys, Misty's resurrection skill, the limits of resurrection, and the witch hunter plot.

Honestly they could have cut the whole thing out, unless it is some foreshadowing for how the Zoe/Luke romance is going to pan out.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

xeria posted:

There's only one episode left, so it shouldn't be a big surprise if Fiona really is dead and gone. Kind of anticlimactic but, eh, it's American Horror Story.

They were very careful to show Fiona getting axed, but not show the actual feeding to gators. I haven't ruled out Cordelia lying about that so no one tries to find and resurrect Fiona. She'll resurrect herself in the final episode, probably with some explanation tied to being soulless.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Fast Luck posted:

I don't get why instead of trying to save Marie Laveau, Queenie was negotiating with Papa Legba to kill her.

In addition to it being the only way to kill LaLaurie, she was also insanely pissed that Laveau left her for dead pretty much instantly and went to the very people Queenie defected from.

OmegaBR posted:

Don't why they wouldn't just kill her, unless they were trying to make her more dependent on Hank.

Yup, this is exactly it. If they divorced, they'd lose the man on the inside.

They haven't covered how Fiona lost her soul, have they? I'm guessing being the Supreme consumes or destroys it in some way.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
If Myrtle was already burned for a murder she didn't commit, couldn't they just count that burning as the one she earned for killing council members? I mean, if you're just making up rules as you go....

P_T_S posted:

He made a deal with Papa Legba off-screen. That's why Fiona couldn't make a deal with him, she was already unknowingly part of axeman's request.

Was this hinted at somewhere and I missed it, or are you better at story telling than the writers of the show?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

xeria posted:

Unless he made the deal while he was still incorporeal earlier in the season, or something, and that's why she didn't have a soul for herself to barter with.

As a ghost, he'd probably have easy access to Papa Legba. Explanation works for me.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

fullroundaction posted:

Legba was surprised though. If Axeman had already done a deal with him he wouldn't have been all "hey wait a sec you HAVE no soul!".

I imagine if he did some dirty deal with Axeman he wouldn't go to Fiona and spill it all to her. He's just a more convincing actor than Madison.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Last Chance posted:

My guess about what happened to the baby was that Spaulding did something horrific to it and they just didn't have the heart to show it onscreen.

There was a scene in the finale where Spaulding is using a ceramic doll's hand to mess with dead Madison's hair, I think they were (lazily) implying that we'd probably best not think about it too much.

Still completely useless though. Stupid stupid stupid.

If it grows up, it won't be a perfect real baby doll, now will it?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
All it would have taken to improve the finale was a crazier smile on Cordelia's face to suggest she was going to go batshit like her mother with a witch army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Family Values posted:

I can't explain it either, but people I know have raved about this season. For me it was a distant 3rd compared to the other seasons, but still entertaining. Maybe more people just like stylish dark humor and don't care much about plot. None of the seasons had great plots of course, but the tone of the previous seasons, especially 2, was more sinister.

My mom loved this season beyond reason and can never articulate why. I had fun with it, but I do think a lot of my enjoyment was in how much us watching it pissed off my southern baptist stepdad.

• Locked thread