Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Huh, nothing like seeing random pics of my RL friends playing obscure games on BGG. I'll have to play that one.

Also, recommend some good SF wargames? gently caress the past, the future is where it's at :colbert: Bonus points for drones and hive races.

VVV: Space Empires 4X is about the only one I know.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Aug 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Now I want to go there with a leafblower :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Tekopo posted:

I was kind of shocked because the copy of CC:P I bought did not have a roll of zip-up plastic bags and did not have a note that it was hand-packed by someone called Jim in the box.
Did it have a free counter tray? If not, that's just poor form :(

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Just curious, what's so bad about Labyrinth (except mechanics)? I had it and thought it was pretty good, but then again, I'm not used to the current level of wargame quality.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

blackmongoose posted:

it has no AI and non functional multiplayer [...] $100
What the gently caress, that's worse than Sword of the Stars 2 :psyduck:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Crop your counters :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Wrong Russian Civil War :(

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

CNN Sports Ticker posted:

Is there anywhere I can read some more about these monster games? Maybe actual play experiences, things like that? I've been thinking six hours for Sword of Rome is going to be too much for it to even hit the table, then I find out about these beasts.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4815/campaign-north-africa :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Trynant posted:

It continues: I'm going to resume clipping more Advanced Squad Leader counters.

Progress up to this point:

Counters needed to clip:

I'll see you folks next year after the wrist surgery.

You're gonna paint the edges too, right? Right?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

cenotaph posted:

My Combat Commander counters are from the printing where they accidentally had side nubs in addition to the corner nubs so rather than round the corners and still have frilly bits on the side I used the scissors on my swiss army knife to cut the corners into perfect right angles. I had a dent in my thumb for hours.
Don't remind me. You know the kind of HDF terrain they use for miniature gaming? Same basic principle, little nubs hold parts you pop out. In some cases (it was an amateur initiative rather than commercial terrain) those were several times too wide and had to be cut from the sheet manually. And all of them would show after painting and I had to cut them flat with a hobby knife.

...all 20 lbs of terrain :suicide:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

orphean posted:

Look at it. Look at it
Five seconds with a leafblower, that's all I ask.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Lichtenstein posted:

I was just struck by a cool COIN setting that'd interest no-one, perhaps except Tevery Best. COIN: Operation Tempest. Leading actors: Wehrmacht, Home Army as well as Red Army and Polish People Army in a love/hate relationship.

Make it, post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
gently caress you guys, I just got into scale modeling for stupid reasons and now you're making ASL sound really attractive. Next thing I know I'll be researching some obscure historical detail that those morons behind game XYZ can't do right :rant:

Terminally Bored posted:

The last panel to the My Desires Are Unconventional meme
50 Shades of German Grey