Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Pissflaps posted:

what is this year's vuvuzela

starvation and human rights violations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014
So Mexico and Ecuador are playing in ten minutes and I just hope Mexico loses and never wins another competitive match again.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

blue footed boobie posted:

starvation and human rights violations

Brazil is one of the worlds fattest countries so not starvation, maybe malnutrition.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

blueyedevil posted:

So Mexico and Ecuador are playing in ten minutes and I just hope Mexico loses and never wins another competitive match again.

Yea, I just saw 5 Ecuador jerseys at the liquor store and was wondering what was up. Destroy Mexico.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
welp, we have our first second casualty of the pre-WC friendlies

Aves Maria! fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 31, 2014

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

420DD Butts posted:

welp, we have our first second casualty of the pre-WC friendlies

Looks like it hurt a bit

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

holy bejebus thats not very pleasant

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Holy hell how does a foot just come off like that? Seems like he was hit only in the shin. Must have been hell of a swing

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
I don't really follow soccer outside of the major world tournaments, but Montes is a pretty huge loss right?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Jesus Christ. Wait. The Mexican dude broke his leg? Sucks for him but that's karma. It looked like he was trying to break the other guy's leg. Going for someone s knees is some hosed up poo poo in a friendly.

Edit: still sucks. You never want anything like this to happen no matter what or who's fault it is.

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 31, 2014

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Jesus Christ. Wait. The Mexican dude broke his leg? Sucks for him but that's karma. It looked like he was trying to break the other guy's leg. Going for someone s knees is some hosed up poo poo in a friendly.

they were both injured, looks like he came off with the worst of it, though.

Rafa was injured too in the second half lol

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
All the friendlies today were boring as poo poo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Mean Bean Machine posted:

They were.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Sounds right up your alley

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Nice. Real nice. Will there be threads where we can actually talk about the World Cup or will the forum go into PWM mode for the summer?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Edit: still sucks. You never want anything like this to happen no matter what or who's fault it is.

Yeah when I saw it I thought it was the Ecuadorian at first as well. gently caress that Mexican dude he deserved it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Two broken legs though! That's pretty exciting.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

quote:

U.S. Soccer @ussoccer · 3m

#USMNT lineup for #USAvTUR: Howard; Johnson, Cameron, Besler, Chandler; Zusi, Jones, Bradley, Davis; Altidore, Dempsey (c)

something something Jozy ate a turkey

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Sweden v Belgium starts in half an hour. Join me in the Belgium WC thread *in Alan Partridge voice* JOIN ME

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Well now that the USMNT have knocked off a top Euro team I expect some of the naysaying in here will die down.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

vulturesrow posted:

Well now that the USMNT have knocked off a top Euro team I expect some of the naysaying in here will die down.

US: World Champions

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

vulturesrow posted:

Chris Ronald isn't going to know what hit him when we hit it in the upper 90 on him to win the World Cup.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Nice. Real nice. Will there be threads where we can actually talk about the World Cup or will the forum go into PWM mode for the summer?

dont worry that guy who trolled you will be too busy watching mls/womens qualifying during the world cup to troll

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is there a decent iPhone calendar showing the UK times for the games?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

If there's football on, watch it.

There's this on the FIFA site, but I don't know if there's any kind of mobile version out there(I'm sure there is).

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_tournaments

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
there are like 1000 pages for iphone world cup calendars

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Aye cheers. My phone was still set to the wrong time zone (just back from holiday), so aye, sorted. Cheers.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
:siren:Lewandowski scored for Poland:siren:

a penalty, obviously

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

ICHIBAHN posted:

http://www1.skysports.com/FIFA-World-Cup-2014/news/15241/9066717/world-cup-calendar

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Jozy scores!! Jozy scores!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vulturesrow posted:

Jozy scores!! Jozy scores!

He did.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Without falling down I might add. :colbert:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

vulturesrow posted:

Without falling down I might add. :colbert:

christmas has come early this year

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
Starting to think England could never hack it in CONCACAF.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nefarious posted:

Starting to think England could never hack it in CONCACAF.
They would get bottles of piss and feces thrown at them in Honduras, go home and have three fans give V salutes to a Costa Rican player, and Sepp Blatter would call the English racist barbarians.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
There's a couple of games coming up

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

gently caress off international football!!!!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The World Cup revived football but then international friendlies killed it again

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Have they put in place the league system for friendlies yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Somebody make a new thread for this garbage poo poo that's killing my club football hype.

• Locked thread