Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I started this last night and it's a blast! I picked it up in November when my local Kmart was apparently liquidating their video game stock. I played the first two missions then and I just didn't get it. Between then and last night I've played and finished Bayonetta and MGS Rising, so this game makes much more sense to me. :D

The only thing I'm having trouble getting used to are the tells for enemy attacks. They seem to be much more generous than in Bayo and slightly more than in MGSR. I use Guts as soon as I see the wind up and that times things perfectly so the enemy attack lands as Guts ends. Oh well, I'll get it.

Are there combos like in Bayo and MGSR? For example things like: YYX, XXXYX, etc. I found Stinger for both the fist and sword and was surprised that attack is more like a fighting game combo/special move instead of Bayo and MGSR's stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

sharrrk posted:

there aren't any combos like that in this game, just your standard attack combo. in return though you get a billion different weapons that you can instantly switch between that all have their own uses. each weapon also has 3 special moves that you gain as your wonderful ones level up: Stinger, Rising, and Cyclone. not sure why you're surprised by their inputs though since mgrr and bayonetta both had moves with similiar inputs

I didn't use any of those moves in the other games =x.

I'm probably a scrub but I have a lot of fun. I just expected there to be button combos. I suppose I'll continue to mash unite attack and group attack and mix in the stinger, etc moves.

• Locked thread