Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
I always confused the Motherly Ties sidequest with the main quest, as both of them involve sneaking through the Police Station, or negotiating your way in for the main quest. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused there! Wagner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
Nice and early we finish off our first visit to Detroit by completing the main missions of chapter 5:
Main Mission: Ghosts and Proxy Soldiers:

After checking up at the LIMB clinic under Sarif's orders and assisting old friends in need, it's time to continue our investigation into the recent attacks at Sarif Industries. At this point Sarif has instructed us to find our way into the Detroit PD's morgue and retrieve the neural-hub of an augmented member of purity first. What we uncover will help further our investigation and lead us to our next source and one step closer to find Megan's killer.

This update is a combination of the creatively named missions "Investigating the Suicide Terrorist" and "Stopping the Transmission." This update also covers a more in depth look into the CASIE social-enhancer, some mise-en-scene character development of Adam Jenson (in the form of a look around his apartment), some analysis into the art design of Detroit and why the clash of advanced technology and derelict buildings was chosen and of course we further both our investigation and the plot.

RealTimski fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 8, 2013

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
So we've got a new update for the thread. Here we have Highland Park, probably one of the most memorable parts of the game, mostly because of the boss fight with Barrett. This is mostly because he's heavily armoured and also because the boss fight feels so out of place; understandably confusing players and getting them stuck. For these updates we've changed guests and I'm going by our favourite Dutchman - Future Friend.

- Highland Park (Part 1) :

Decrypted data contained within the suicide cyborgs neural hub, points Jensen to an abandoned factory complex in Highland Park, what will Jenson find inside?

- Highland Park (Part 2: Barrett Boss Fight):

Jenson has managed to catch up with the three main cyborgs only to be struck down by Barrett (a Southern war vet, with heavy armour and a machine gun augmented into his arm). It is here and now that we have the first outsourced boss fight of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RealTimski posted:

Obviously I will be making videos on praxis kits but the way I'm doing them covers ways around them without having to use any augmentations. For example those week walls can easily be taken down with heavy fire-power or a grenade, the wall punching thing isn't silent anyway so it doesn't really matter. Also I'm a massive nerd for knowing this.

On my stealthy run this is actually why I try my damnedest to get hold of the revolver as soon as possible, because once you install its unique mod, it becomes effectively a skeleton key that uses ammunition.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
Quick update to finish off the first hub section of Detroit and in turn ending the first act:

- Mission Debrief & Office Snooping:

Killing Barrett and cleaning out the FEMA camp, Jenson now returns to Sarif industries for debriefing and his next assignment hopefully this means chasing down FEMA seeing as they're clearly involved and there's also the lead in China to follow.

This update covers the resolution to the Detroit micro plot, an introduction to the humanity front and William Taggart (the head representative of the humanity front), some minor exploration and more importantly, a look into Jenson distant past. This is also the last chance that you have to explore the Detroit hub area so it's a good idea to pick up any loose items and items gathered from other missions and just sell them all off for extra credits for when we visit Hangsha (it's a pricey place).

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

On my stealthy run this is actually why I try my damnedest to get hold of the revolver as soon as possible, because once you install its unique mod, it becomes effectively a skeleton key that uses ammunition.

I always found that even when using the explosive upgrade, that shooting down walls just took too long and was a complete waist of ammo. It's also kind of pointless depending on how you play it; if you manage to level up more then sooner or later you'll have enough spare points to buy the augmentation at the same point in the game where you can find the upgrade. I just didn't see the point for my play style.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Will you show off what happens if you don't blackmail the police officer.

edit I am still catching up in the videos

cokerpilot fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 23, 2013

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

cokerpilot posted:

Will you show off what happens if you don't blackmail the police officer.

In that case there's nothing really to show off. Some of these duologue trees only have a few different outcomes: you get blocked out and have to find another route (a different entrance or other means of persuasion), you get through and nothing happens or you get through and something changes in the game.

But with any outcome that could differ in the game - yes I will be showing what happens.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Miracle of Sound did a fantastic song for this game - The New Black Gold. If you haven't played the game before don't watch the video just listen to the song. The video has a couple of spoilers as it gets near the in.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
Quick update now that we've reached the next act of Human Revolution:

- Hangsha Praxis Locations:

In this update we search through the streets of the lower city for praxis kits and any other upgrades we find along the way. We also visit Hangsha's LIMB clinic and use a further seven praxis points to unlock more augmentations. There are further three points available, excluding points we receive from completing objects: one if from fully exploring every cranny and nook in the hub area and two more as rewards for completing side quests which will be shown in the side quests update. Both the side quests and the main missions of Hangsha are entwined with each other and so the updates for these are taking slightly longer but will be up together soon.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
I always thought "the Dutchman" was Adam Jensen. Jensen is a Dutch name.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

J.theYellow posted:

I always thought "the Dutchman" was Adam Jensen. Jensen is a Dutch name.

Far more common in Norway and Denmark.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Also, Unfair did a Director's Cut playthrough of the Barrett fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxnfPmd4itc

Edit: You still have to kill him, but now there are more options, and they changed up the level design, including an upper floor, air vents, doors to hack and turrets that can be placed.

J.theYellow fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 28, 2013

marlinspike
Aug 7, 2010
i always liked to kool-aid man through walls, always made me smile

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
Here's a little update for the main quest line of our first visit to Hengsha as I edit footage for the side-quests:

- Hangsha Hub 1: Main Missions:

In this update DJB joins me once again as Adam Jenson tours through the lower city of Hengsha on his quest to track down the Dutchman; the Hacker responsible for cutting through Sarif Industries circuity twice now.

The Jewel of the Yangtze:

Hengsha is probably one of the most interesting set pieces of Human Revolution and is equally one of the best designed hubs in both the level design, lore and it's art design. It's a densely populated island off the coast of Shanghai in China. Before 2027, a second city level was built above the lower slums, on top of an enormous structure called the Pangu. Nicknamed the Jewel of the Yangtze River for the amazing feat of engineering, it is at the heart of the global augmentation industry, with Tai Yong Medical headquartered within the city.

In Lower Hengsha, the city is a dystopia; riddled with crime and poverty, and a corrupt private security force (Belltower Associates) acting as the police force, turning a blind eye to anyone with the credits. Where as Upper Hengsha, is seen as a snobbish utopia, much like that of a concept design for a college campus.

The art design of this city split into two levels has also been designed in a way to represent a foresight into where society is going with a growing gap between the rich and poor. On the lighter, upper half you have the 1%; richer, smaller population that can afford all the smug augmentations they want along with a low crime rate and higher standard of living conditions. However it can only remain so high with the support of the darker, lower city. The physical supports holding the city up is in a way a metaphor for the lower classes really keeping society together with manual labour and more menial tasks. Along with a crowded, desperate population; the system discourages those in lower class families from breaking out of the slums and seeing the light.

RealTimski fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 19, 2013

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
New Video Update:

It's been a while with me being such a busy bee but I've finally managed to upload the Hengsha side-quest video that is meant to go in tandem with the main missions (I've just split them up for viewing convenience):

- Hengsha Hub 1: Side Quests:

In this update DJB joins us once again as Jenson follows through the side quests of lower Hengsha. These side quests include:

-Rotten Business - where Jenson assists the local prostitutes, to over-through a King Pin.

-Bar Tab - Jenson must retrieve a payment for a CASIE implant curtsey of Tong's harvester syndicate.

-Hensha Justice (also known as Shanghai Justice) - Lending a helping hand to Jenson's co-worker and friend Malik, to finding evidence that her old friends from pilot school was murdered.

Once again at the begining of the video there's a friendly little eye-dent where you can choose which mission you want to view. This video is self explanatory and simply contains the side quests from our first Lower Hengsha visit, exploration and foreshadowing and a little look into the character design of Jenson's pilot and friend Farida Malik, but if you guys want I'll post up character profiles for each of the main characters because not all of the details can be shown in the videos.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
New Update (finally)

Been a while since the last update with me being busy and extremely ill but hey we're moving on past Hengsha and off to perform more corporate warfare.

- Act 2: Mission 3: Tai Young Medical:

Arie Van Bruggen had no qualms admitting involvement in the attacks against Sarif and even gave Jensen the name of the woman who'd hired him: Zhao Yun Ru, president of Tai Yong Medical (also know as the Dragon Lady). It seems the Zhao wants to monopolize the augmentation industry, by wiping out all other competitors and is the one that hired black op mercenaries to destabilize Sarif Industries. But to prove this, Jensen needs to infiltrate the biotech complex and retrieve the evidence.

Tai Yong Mediacl:

The Tai Yong (great eternity) Medical Corporation was founded in Shanghai in 1977 with the purpose of designing and constructing prosthetic limbs made of silicone, and by the 1980s had acquired two factories in China and a network of clients in Southeast Asia. In 2009, Tau Yong became famous worldwide thanks to the work of the young leader Zhao Yun Ru, who started a collaboration with the military of China by providing prostheses to veteran amputees. In 2017, the corporation was invited to participate in the ambitious Hengsha Island project, which would later become the company's headquarters. As one of the world's fastest growing biotech corporations, Tai Yong's real success is it's aggressive expansion, absorbing lesser corporations and utilizing any means to do so.

Zhao Yun Ru:

Zhao Yun Ru is a refined, sophisticated, wealthy, and successful businesswoman on the exterior. Her company, Tai Yong Medical, controls basically all of Hengsha, and she has substantial investments in Belltower Associates. She is a major player on the global stage, and has big ambitions for herself and her company.

But on the inside, Zhao is a cutthroat, ruthless, and brutal woman that uses military force and corporate sabotage to drive her competitors out of business. She attempts to buy out all of her enemies, and when that doesn't work, she hires freelance hackers to steal their secrets. Despite her criminal activities, her substantial wealth and usage of Belltower as a private army renders her untouchable, legally or otherwise.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
Cool to see this updating again. I really like how you make a point of showing off the different routes one can take, and your judicious use of speeding up, and the courtesy of telling when cutscens end so we watcehrs can skip if/when we like. Human Revolution looks like it has some truly enjoyable stealth mechanics. I especially like that you get XP for sneaking around. Getting more XP than a lethal run may be a bit overkill, but it's defnitely better than games where going stealthy means you lose out. When I get around to upgrading my home PC so it can run the game properly, I'll have to look into getting Human Revolution, too.

That said, even with you efforts to speed things up, I have to admit the episodes are getting a bit long to digest in one setting. If it doesn't interfere too much with your workload, I'd prefer a max length of ~30 min, even if that means breaking up the movies in the middle of an episode.

Are the dudes with the heavy weapons called ogres in-game/in-lore, or is it just you calling them that beacuese they're so big?

On an unrelated note, maybe it's just me, but the mail at around 20:40 seems to be a shout out to Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It references Mitnick, who's a hacker in Bloodlines, and "queen bitch" is a nickname for one of the authority figures in that game. If it is a shout out, the writers did a good job of integrating it into the Human Revolution story.

Like you, I really appreciated the cutscene with Zhao. At first it seemed awkward to the point of misogny, but then it turned on its head. Well played.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

quote:

Are the dudes with the heavy weapons called ogres in-game/in-lore, or is it just you calling them that beacuese they're so big?

On an unrelated note, maybe it's just me, but the mail at around 20:40 seems to be a shout out to Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It references Mitnick, who's a hacker in Bloodlines, and "queen bitch" is a nickname for one of the authority figures in that game. If it is a shout out, the writers did a good job of integrating it into the Human Revolution story.

Like you, I really appreciated the cutscene with Zhao. At first it seemed awkward to the point of misogny, but then it turned on its head. Well played.

The big guys are actually called ogres by lore it doesn't really come up at all in game apart from maybe some NPC may use that term talking about other squad mates that trundle around with big guns.

As for the the Masquerade reference; I wouldn't know anything about that game so I wouldn't notice. It's just a thing that the development team could do in their spare time. Usually artists and writers finish their work on games before programmers are done coding and de-bugging, so instead of waiting time and money on designing new skins to be pre-order bonuses for different retailers, the guys with nothing to do are able to keep contributing with little things like background adds or the emails you find lying around. As a result of this it makes the environments have more of a feeling that they've been lived in and can also help to set the tone for moments in the story line. For example little comic bits are used to split up heavy moments making the game seem more mature as an homage to spy flicks. Alternatively they can be used to for shadow plot events or give you useful information that you could otherwise miss if you never read them.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah that is a VTM reference.

The thing that bothers me about the scenario that played out is how dumb Jensen acts with the dragon lady. Even out of character too. Way to passive for someone who just found out a known enemy kidnapped his love interest/ex wife/femme-McGuffin. I can't help but feel that if this like the old Deus Ex you would have the opportunity to disable her panic button and even kill her.

You could do that with Ming Xiao in the first one and it was great, and it saved you a fight later.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

Armadillo Tank posted:

The thing that bothers me about the scenario that played out is how dumb Jensen acts with the dragon lady. Even out of character too. Way to passive for someone who just found out a known enemy kidnapped his love interest/ex wife/femme-McGuffin. I can't help but feel that if this like the old Deus Ex you would have the opportunity to disable her panic button and even kill her.

You could do that with Ming Xiao in the first one and it was great, and it saved you a fight later.

Now that you mention it, it might've made more sense for him to be more active. I just thought that he was busy being weirded out by her blatant "protect me, oh mighty male, from the shadowy conspiracy that runs the world!" act. I mean really, for Adam that must've come rather out of nowhere.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
New video update:

- Act 2: Mission 4: Picus Communications:

Shocking evidence pulled from Tai Yong servers revealed a more elaborate plan than expected: Sarif Industries' top research team didn't die six months ago; the attack was staged to cover up their kidnappings! Desperate to learn more, Jensen confronted Tai Yong' president in her penthouse, but Zhao tricked him and escaped into a panic room. Nevertheless, what little she said directed him to Eliza Cassan of Picus Communications, the world's most famous newscaster.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
Quick double update, two short videos that finish off Act 3 and lead us into our second visit to detroit:

- Picus Communications Part 2 (Yelena Fedorova Boss Fight),

- Debrief with David Sarif (Only Cutscenes):

Jenson continues his search for Eliza Cassan through Picus Communications, following a set path supplied by some kind of complex security program that seems to be helping him, leading Jenson to discover a secret underground facility purpose built to oversee and control the media. All that stands between Jenson and the truth now is room 802-11 where Eliza waits.

The next update will likely be a look into cutscenes in video games and how Human Revolution manages to execute them, along with exploration of Detroit during the riots as there are no Praxis kits to be found.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
I know the thread's been kind of quiet recently, so I want to let you know there's still some lurkers out here appreciating the effort you obviously put into this. And even though this isn't the first Human Revolution LP I've watched I'm still enjoying it a great deal.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I've really enjoyed watching these episodes. Especially the parts where you cover background information on the characters and explore the story further added a lot of insight that I didn't know before. I'll definitely be looking forward to more.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I've been a little occupied moving house recently, but as soon as I'm settled in we'll be ready to continue.

Sorry to keep you waiting, guys!

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
No Deus Ex:HR player should go through Hengsha without watching http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0l3wOT9cSg4

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

Boogle posted:

No Deus Ex:HR player should go through Hengsha without watching http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0l3wOT9cSg4

I was thinking about filming this little scene at some point for the thread as a little cut away thing but when it came to the edit I couldn't really fit it in without that segment be too jarring with the commentary, I had a similar problem with the first visit to Detroit where there's a couple of punks talking about dog-mentations, simply had no where to edit in the footage. I might to a little video at the end of the thread showing all the little easter-eggs that I missed.

rastilin
Nov 6, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

They definitely could have done with more of those social interactions, and probably should have gotten rid of the CASIE. It made them far simpler which took some of the fun out of it.

I agree they should have done more with the social interactions, but only because they get very gimmicky very quickly. My single biggest annoyance with them was that Jensen goes along with whoever he's talking to instead of efficiently calling them out immediately. Especially when they say something that they couldn't reasonably have known about Jensen and he just counterpoints it like a televised debate instead of playing dumb and asking them to clarify. For example Zeke talks about augmentations making people evil and Jensen talks about Zeke's army history instead of pointing out that his augmented self has refrained from killing armed attackers while Zeke's people are executing unarmed scientists, strapping hostages to bombs and holding people at gunpoint.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
I've finally gotten around to it and so the thread continues now with a look at the cutscene directions within Human Revolution:

- Cutscenes and Cinematography:

Mr. DJB and I explore the exact purpose of cutscenes existing in video game and particularly what their place is in telling a narrative and character interaction. We also explain what is meant when the games said to be a cinematic experience and how the execution of said quality sets Human Revolution out from the crowd.

Up next we look at some of the ambient design changes to Detroit during the riots.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
Another video update cause I feel like it; today we look through at some of the details left in by the programmers and see what's changed:

- Detroint Hub 2: Exporation :

As there are no free Praxis kits to be found in our second visit to Detroit, DJB joins me as we explore the streets and look at all the passive details put in by the team of Eidos Montreal. This update not only covers some of the art assets that have changed/ been added since Jenson's last visit but he also gets an "unexpected welcome" from an old friend - Wayne Haas. This demonstrates how the subtle choices you make when executing an objective can lead to different outcomes in the game, along with some of the downsides to using the CASIE enhancement.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
It kind of sucks that you get locked out of some upgrades by plot you can't predict. Is that a permanent change or does it revert to full-exploration after the riots? It's rough balancing story with open-world sandboxy stuff, but I guess they have to draw the line somewhere. Or they own GameFAQs stock.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Thanks for that breakdown in the cutscene video, I'd noticed Jensen grab the two glasses but never put together why he only poured one drink. It's also been great seeing all the different paths you take in the game, a lot of them I didn't even know about and I bought the game after watching another Let's Play of it.

My only beef with the game has been that it's been so seamless from open-world to mission that sometimes I couldn't really tell when I was doing something important, but that's a good problem to have in a game this well-made.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

ThaGhettoJew posted:

It kind of sucks that you get locked out of some upgrades by plot you can't predict. Is that a permanent change or does it revert to full-exploration after the riots? It's rough balancing story with open-world sandboxy stuff, but I guess they have to draw the line somewhere. Or they own GameFAQs stock.

Luckily the only path that's blocked off at this point in the game is the little courtyard just in front of Sarif industries, that just really locks off the front entrance to Sarif Industries and a few lock boxes around the corner. That said it's a shame that you don't have an option to catch up with Jenny Alexander and see the aftermath of the Cloaks and Daggers mission. Aside from that little matter, I really enjoy the hub areas as they offer the exploration of an open world, the size means you won't be adventuring for so long that you loose track of the plot and in turn that makes things more brief, so in a way it has more replay value.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
Bit delayed but nobs to it we have ourselves another video update:

- Sidequests:

In this update DJB joins me as we go through the two sidequests that are available in our second visit to Detroit. These sidequests include:

- Acquaintances Forgotten - Following through a previous plot point, Jenson tracks down the private detective hired by Sarif for Jenson's background check. In the process Jenson discovers both the true story of his childhood and the fate of his parents. Not only this but he finds he might not be the only one trying to unravel his own mystery.

- Smash the State - Jensen runs into Officer Nicholas, another old friend from the force. Nicholas has a problem - he's gotten word from a street informant that a member of Motor City Bangers, Jacob White, has access to a military-grade explosives and is plotting an attack. Nicholas also says that he cannot receive any help from the PD with the majority of the force on riot control, and that he'll need Jensen's help.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

From the Outside SA LP thread:

RareAcumen posted:

It's not a full playthrough, sadly but Elias Toufexis is played a little of Deus Ex: Human Revolution here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flszuT3ROdo

THAT'S HIS NORMAL VOICE!

I can't stop smiling at this.

Edit: Minor spoilers for the end of the game!

Mr DJB fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 5, 2014

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
New video update:

- Detroit 2: Main Mission (that's right there's only one mission):

In this update DJB joins me for the main mission of our second visit to Detroit. This mission involves tracking down Isaias Sandoval.

According to Eliza Cassan, Sandoval is responsible for the disarming of the tracking devises implanted into Megan's science team. To learn Sandoval's location and thus Megan's location; Jenson must confront Sandoval's superior William Taggart, who at this time is holding a press conference urging the UN to regulate augmentation research for military use.

In other more contemporary real-life news:

As of late I have also heard through a proverbial grape vine that some congress member or political adviser of some sort in the U.S. (and one Afghanistan) is either pushing or implied the idea of banning Deus Ex: Human Revolution for sale. Although the concept of banning a game or film or any piece of art/media isn't a new one, the motives in this case are. Instead of banning the game purely for the violence and "how it's harming our children's minds," the said political individual/ group is reasoning that Human Revolution should be banned because of it's themes i.e: global warming, government conspiracies and corporations taking control of peoples lives.

Again this is just something I've heard through a grape vine and so living in England; I'm unaware of any news shows that said topic was discussed on therefore I'm able to evaluate the chance that this censorship proposal is to be taken seriously or to toss it away as another thing that conservative, middle class mums worry about when trying to control their teenage son who despises them. Either way if any American living thread followers can link me in on a report of this (if you can find one) I'd greatly appreciate it, as it is a subject I'm interesting in.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

RealTimski posted:

As of late I have also heard through a proverbial grape vine that some congress member or political adviser of some sort in the U.S. (and one Afghanistan) is either pushing or implied the idea of banning Deus Ex: Human Revolution for sale. Although the concept of banning a game or film or any piece of art/media isn't a new one, the motives in this case are. Instead of banning the game purely for the violence and "how it's harming our children's minds," the said political individual/ group is reasoning that Human Revolution should be banned because of it's themes i.e: global warming, government conspiracies and corporations taking control of peoples lives.

Again this is just something I've heard through a grape vine and so living in England; I'm unaware of any news shows that said topic was discussed on therefore I'm able to evaluate the chance that this censorship proposal is to be taken seriously or to toss it away as another thing that conservative, middle class mums worry about when trying to control their teenage son who despises them. Either way if any American living thread followers can link me in on a report of this (if you can find one) I'd greatly appreciate it, as it is a subject I'm interesting in.

While this is totally in line with the "wacky random statement/batshit science denial" political party, its either been completely covered up or was not covered at all. So it probably didn't happen, though maybe someone said something about not liking those themes in video games.

If I'm wrong and someone does dig up a link I'm sure DnD will get a kick out of it.

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013

OAquinas posted:

While this is totally in line with the "wacky random statement/batshit science denial" political party, its either been completely covered up or was not covered at all. So it probably didn't happen, though maybe someone said something about not liking those themes in video games.

If I'm wrong and someone does dig up a link I'm sure DnD will get a kick out of it.

That's what I was more leaning towards. The way it was passed onto me was is though it was a lame chat show on FOX where old white people would moan about things they don't like in a little circle jerk - something no one would take seriously. As I said not living in America I don't really hear of these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealTimski
Feb 21, 2013
Quick little video update:

- Detroit 2 Debriefing:

Determined to locate the lost scientists, Jensen tracked down Isaias Sandoval brother to Zeke Sanders. Sandoval admitted to operating on the scientists in hopes of disabling their implanted tracking devices, only to fail. This means the GPL trackers were changed to a lower frequency and so Pritchard can still track them down. Jenson is now called into Sarifs office for the next stage of his investigation.

In this short update DJB joins me as Jenson makes his final preparations before his next departure, in order to find Sarif's lost scientists. This is our last visit to Detroit in the game and preparations are needed in order to survive the next mission.

• Locked thread