Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Just saw on the map marked in red, Pro Job, Bank Heist: Gold :stare:

My game crashed on the cards after the safe house, it also crashed there for my friend. Quizzed players in a lobby and it crashed there too.

Game inviting is flat out broken, enjoy trying to play with your friends!

Carecat fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :frogsiren:

I told myself I was going to sleep at night like a normal person instead of staying up and counting down the hours 'til unlock, and yet.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
This thread really needs a subtitle, it stands out like a sore thumb. I recommend "Payday 2: It ain't a crime if you don't get caught".

Though obviously if you play with pubbies it will always be a crime.

az
Dec 2, 2005

I had a working download, changed location to go faster and am stuck at disk write error since then :argh:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is the game really nearly 20 gigs? :psyduck:

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

God drat it Amazon I ordered my four pack a month ago give me my keys.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yeah game just crashes on card selection, so I have to Ctrl Alt Del it and restart after each mission. At least I get to keep my money.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Pryor on Fire posted:

Yeah game just crashes on card selection, so I have to Ctrl Alt Del it and restart after each mission. At least I get to keep my money.

Seems to be happening to a lot of people. Not sure if it's EVERYONE yet but how does this even happen, especially from a game that had a huge 2+ week beta where this wasn't a problem? No excuse for it, really.

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!
Does aceing fast learner further increase your xp gain, or does it simply allow your crew to benefit from it? Also, people keep saying the ghost tree is worthless, but that magic find all the way at the end of the tree looks really drat tempting. I was thinking maybe something like this: http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/gently caress-you-got-mine/

RhysD
Feb 7, 2009

Bust it!

Ryuga Death posted:

Is the game really nearly 20 gigs? :psyduck:

It's 6gb.

Badgerz
Aug 25, 2011
Looks like its only the first Payday that gives a crash. So it's not a complete gently caress up.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

RhysD posted:

It's 6gb.

Compressed, yeah. Uncompressed it's around 19gb.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Can you pick up guns from the enemies you kill?

Badgerz
Aug 25, 2011

Ahhpple posted:

Can you pick up guns from the enemies you kill?

nope.

Octavious
Dec 29, 2004

Juices so sweet and sassy
Payday 2: Last Thing I Sweat's Some Sucka Punk Cop

If Ice-T isn't good enough for a subtitle then gently caress you guys.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

quote:

David Goldfarb ‏@locust9 7m
Everyone: Make sure the game has downloaded fully - we are getting a lot of crashes from people that have not completed the Steam download.

My game was functional(ish) but after restarting steam I am downloading another 680MB...

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Anyone else crashing whenever the card selection comes up?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Crashing at random intervals...I hope they release a hotfix soon.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Played one AI round to get an idea of what to do (still no idea!) then went online for a match where no on had mics and the round starting was the queue for masks up and bullets out. Does zip tying people do anything once the poo poo starts flying, or is it mostly to keep civvies from wandering into your bullets and taking all your money?

Bolow posted:

Anyone else crashing whenever the card selection comes up?

Crashed twice in two rounds, restarting steam didn't download anything but I'm verifying my files now.

edit - Nothing new downloaded, but the game takes up 18gb of HD space despite only downloading about 3gb when I preloaded, so who knows.

FallenGod fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 13, 2013

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Maaaan... Screw you guys! I'm going Ghost anyway! (After I put points elsewhere :ssh:)

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Yeah, crashed at the card selection screen when I did the safe house thing, but after exiting and soloing Jewelry Store, the card selection screen went by without a problem.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Octavious posted:

Payday 2: Last Thing I Sweat's Some Sucka Punk Cop

If Ice-T isn't good enough for a subtitle then gently caress you guys.

House of Pain all the way down son. Though if you want an Ice-T line "Payday 2: I give a gently caress for a cop or a g-man" is pretty well suited.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
I read Bain's guide thing, and I would like to recommend the thread subtitle be "I'm not a loving book collector".

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
I too had my game crash at the safe house card selection, which was pretty disappointing. Did two quick rounds and had one go pretty well and the second was an amazing failure. Players kept joining and leaving which sucked but also we didn't know you had to throw loot out the window instead of carry it out of the club. We all went outside the club, couldn't reach the drop zone, then died on the way back to drop it off. Another zone appeared after a bit but still felt pretty cheap.

Is there a steam group yet? If there isn't one by the time I get up I'll make one, otherwise in the mean time Feel free to add me on steam. Steam ID is Rocket Cock MK. II.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Was just messing around a bit in this, and the graphics are very odd. Everything looks like it has some subtle, but noticeable sharpening filter on it.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

FallenGod posted:

Played one AI round to get an idea of what to do (still no idea!) then went online for a match where no on had mics and the round starting was the queue for masks up and bullets out. Does zip tying people do anything once the poo poo starts flying, or is it mostly to keep civvies from wandering into your bullets and taking all your money?

I...thought somebody in the last thread said that taking more hostages makes the cops less aggressive? I could be mistaken, though.

Plus you can trade hostages to the cops to bring back dead players.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
The more civs you have tied down, the less aggressive the cops are, and the assault waves take longer in between each other to happen.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Turn off the steam overlay if you're crashing.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Gyoru posted:

Turn off the steam overlay if you're crashing.

Yeah, we saw the announcement and did this right away, then it still crashed after we finished our first pro job. :argh:

Apparently the devs are recommending you verify the game's cache, then restart steam. I suspect that may be voodoo, but whatever. If it doesn't work I can always start daubing runes on the case in blood.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Friend me and lets do crimes:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/crimsonharvest/

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Protip: Current version of the full game is a buggy piece of poo poo frequently crashing after heists, RIGHT before it saves your progress. It's advised you wait for a patch before playing unless you don't mind losing a bunch of progress.

Also, look forward to hostages randomly running into your gunfire and ending up with less money than you started with. Yes, they never did do anything about that.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I restarted Steam and it downloaded a 110.8mb patch.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Started up an Australian group because high pings aren't fun.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AusPaygoons

You can bug me via my account too.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Aug 13, 2013

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Pulled off a perfect heist with no cops being alerted, then the game crashed. :argh:

Anyone up for playing? Ought to be easier if we can just rejoin if that happens.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Disable steam community, it fixed all the crashes for our group

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Mr Scumbag posted:

Also, look forward to hostages randomly running into your gunfire and ending up with less money than you started with. Yes, they never did do anything about that.

Well you can at least tie the hostages down to get around that

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

The Mash posted:

Well you can at least tie the hostages down to get around that

Yeah, well, about that:

They nerfed the extra cableties skill. Now you only get 5.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 13, 2013

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Jaroslav posted:

Disable steam community, it fixed all the crashes for our group

Got a guy who says this doesn't work for him, just wondering if anyone else can confirm if disabling Steam Community in-game doesn't stop the crashing.

Theory is that it happens when level-up-related achievements pop?

No idea what's actually causing it of course.

edit: Another guy in our group hit level 10, community disabled, and crashed.

Erata fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Aug 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mr Scumbag posted:

Yeah, well, about that:

They nerved the extra cableties skill. Now you only get 5.

Unless you're going solo you hardly ever need nearly 20 ties between 4 people. Unless you're trying to zip tie the entire nightclub

• Locked thread