Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Knightmare posted:

When mine crashed on the card screen I still had the money/exp I believe, or at least the skill point I had earned.

Yeah, it seems like you crash if you get an achievement so this seems to be Steam's issue. I'm really sad how people are giving up on the company so fast (stupid pubbies mind you) after how clear Overkill has made it that they are working non-stop to fix them.

As a Sim City veteran, these guys are saints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Knightmare posted:

When mine crashed on the card screen I still had the money/exp I believe, or at least the skill point I had earned.

Mine crashed during the money tally screen. Probably just gonna take a break until poo poo gets fixed.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

fennesz posted:

I've been stuck at 89% for 30 minutes. Each time I try to start the download it considers it for a moment and then pauses it again without making any progress.

Another goon suggested changing your region to something else. Whenever I switch my region I restart Steam and it's set back to my original, default region. I didn't even stay up all night because I knew release was going to be a poo poo show. What the hell is going on? :psyduck:

e: It's not let me change my region a few times but nothing has changed. Steam literally won't let me finish the install.
e2: According to a dev's twitter account using task manager to kill Steam and then trying to download helps. I did it and instead of having my download immediately paused it's now downloading at 0kb/s which I suppose is an improvement. ( http://www.videogamer.com/pc/payday_2/news/payday_2_wont_download_force_close_steam_and_restart.html )

I got the same thing. Eventually I just let it go as I noticed that the estimate was still counting down. EVENTUALLY it started downloading the last gig or so after waiting and the estimate was getting close to zero. Still bullshit. It's like its redownloading the game but its not.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I wish they'd change it so you'd still get your card even if the host drops/crashes at the end of a job. At least I got the cash and exp though.

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

SovietSteel posted:

Mine crashed during the money tally screen. Probably just gonna take a break until poo poo gets fixed.

Bummer :( I haven't installed yet and have been super pumped to play since checking it out at E3. I hate crashing and losing rewards, so I guess I'll just wait to play.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Pro Job Watchdogs was exactly the same as standard but with better payout.

Megatrauma
Jan 16, 2012

quote:

Changelog for Update #1 - 20130813
Fixed the "card / loot drop crash" that community members would experience while in the money screen or in the PAYDAY.
Fixed the "achievement crash" that community members would experience whenever gaining certain achievements.
Fixed the "Bad Music" asset on the Nightclub level. It now correctly lowers the amount of people willing to dance to elevator music.
Fixed the "Pickup Truck" asset on the Nightclub level. It now works.
Removed the TV's in Four Stores' 24/7 store.
Removed civilian alert on the office windows facing the street in the Nightclub level. The music is too loud for civvies outside the office to hear. Kinda like in that Hotline Miami level.
Removed civilian alert on the fancy striped lamps in the Nightclub level.
Fixed alley door in the Nightclub level.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Hopefully that also fixes the freezing/crashing on the score tally screens as well.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Hahaha, any anger I might have had against OK just vanished reading the patch notes. Can't stay mad at any company that works this hard and has time for silly jokes. :3:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Yeah, they seem to actually give a poo poo so I can't be too fussed to complain about anything. I might get mad if something freezes after a long heist, but knowing they're already on it will at least temper me quite a bit.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
http://www.pd2skills.info/profile/jerkstore-ghost/

How does this look for a Ghost build? I'll probably replace Lucky Charm with other things once I have most items, but I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing. I'm playing with 3 friends who will be focusing on the other trees.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So torn. You guys are all positive, but the reviews out so far (disregarding the scores) mention things that might just annoy me. (And the mention of rather unspectacular sensation shooting enemies...)

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Feenix posted:

So torn. You guys are all positive, but the reviews out so far (disregarding the scores) mention things that might just annoy me. (And the mention of rather unspectacular sensation shooting enemies...)

I own and played Payday 1 and spent some time on the demo of Payday 2, and I'm not a fan. Full disclosure, I used to be a cop and got training on SWAT tactics and entries, etc and the police AI is just so brutally stupid and unrealistic that I can't suspend my disbelief and enjoy it. Things like civilians blocking a door and the police hide behind them a start shooting at me, snipers with BRIGHT AS gently caress lasers standing up in a window, fully silhouetted and begging to be shot...ugh.

Give me mindless zombie hordes in coop shooters any day, not supposedly trained humans that act like idiots. I would love this game if it was at all realistic in the enemy AI, but it's not and I don't.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Yeah if you're expecting a SWAT sim you're not going to like this. The AI isn't that bad. :spergin:

Feenix posted:

I'm kind of surprised people still put such faith in reviews. The game is fantastic.

The gunplay is responsive and rewarding; shooting a cop in the face and watching his helmet fly off as he careens onto his cop car is amazing. The sound design, both music and sound effects are really well done, second only to a Battlefield title. Although the stellar soundtrack more than makes up for this. The customization of equipment, skills, armor and masks makes you always want to work toward improving something about your character. It's a good game.

Launch is having problems but let's be realistic: what major release hasn't had issues?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

jerkstoresup posted:

http://www.pd2skills.info/profile/jerkstore-ghost/

How does this look for a Ghost build? I'll probably replace Lucky Charm with other things once I have most items, but I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing. I'm playing with 3 friends who will be focusing on the other trees.

Dead presidents is so not worth picking up, the extra cash you get is minimal. I'd take the less fall damage skill over it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
There may be a subtle anti farm code, finished jewelry store in 50 seconds and it refused to show up again in Crime.net until the lobby was remade.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Are there more missions in release than in beta? I thought there was like 30 missions but there was like 8 in beta.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Where are the blueprints my CCE copy was supposed to come with? The Bain guide and soundtrack is with my install, but I don't see blueprints anywhere.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

fennesz posted:

Launch is having problems but let's be realistic: what major release hasn't had issues?

It definitely helps that Overkill seems to actually give a poo poo and are already patching things/working on patches. Makes things sting a lot less when they happen.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

fennesz posted:

^ Yeah if you're expecting a SWAT sim you're not going to like this. The AI isn't that bad. :spergin:

It's probably just a disconnect that I'm having with the idea of shooting hordes of non-aliens or zombies or something. Like, if you set me down in L4D2 or Halo or Metro or whatever I'm easily entertained: the enemy is not us, it's foreign and alien and if their battle doctrine is to charge us bodily while we mow them down, more power to them. When I play against an opponent that is depicted as a realistic human belonging to a known organization, I expect them to behave at least somewhat close to real life, if that makes sense.

Like, if I was going to play a WW2 shooter and zee German AI was programmed to charge at me with Kaiser helmets and sabres, I probably couldn't get into it.

I'm not trying to be a sperg or sound like a high speed low drag operator, and I honestly wanted to like the game, but it didn't work for me :smith:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

SixtySix posted:

[S]o brutally stupid and unrealistic that I can't suspend my disbelief and enjoy it.

While I can understand, the game's really meant to be arcadey and fun and not too serious (especially in terms of the never-ending waves sent at you). After all, you need more than three ingredients and a couple of minutes to make meth. Snipers without lasers, special units that coordinate with each-other, the challenge would go through the roof (imagine if the shields outside the truck on Overkill Watchdogs acted realistically, you wouldn't be able to progress). I hated L4D and L4D2, but I love Payday 2 because it requires a whole separate type of coordination, especially for stealth bits.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

The "You're getting shot from here" indicator seemed terrible in the beta and combining that with getting rid of the Sniper's beams would make them ridiculous, I feel.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Feenix posted:

The shooting is one of my favorite parts of the game. Guns sound and feel very meaty, the hit detection is satisfying, and decent iron sights. The focus/blurring with iron sights is a little distracting I guess.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

SixtySix posted:

I'm not trying to be a sperg or sound like a high speed low drag operator, and I honestly wanted to like the game, but it didn't work for me :smith:

To each their own.

I didn't really think about it until reading your post but maybe that's because I've been watching movies like Heat, The Score and Ronin lately. You play as a bunch of super anti-heroes who are one step ahead of the cops at every turn.

"Of course they're going to continually blunder into the killzone we've setup; we're just that good :smug:"

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Interstellar Owl posted:

Are there more missions in release than in beta? I thought there was like 30 missions but there was like 8 in beta.

The beta had about 1/4 to 1/3 of the content of the full game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Kept myself blind about this and only discovered the release was pushed forward, gently caress.

Will I get any enjoyment out of playing with bots (i.e. can they do stealth, etc)? Or shall I just jump straight into playing with other dudes and dudettes?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

poptart_fairy posted:

Kept myself blind about this and only discovered the release was pushed forward, gently caress.

Will I get any enjoyment out of playing with bots (i.e. can they do stealth, etc)? Or shall I just jump straight into playing with other dudes and dudettes?

The bots are terrible, the only way to play SP is to play missions that don't require you to move a ton of bags. They can't drop supplies and they don't carry bags which makes it extremely difficult to do heists that can't be completed in a couple of minutes.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Where are the blueprints my CCE copy was supposed to come with? The Bain guide and soundtrack is with my install, but I don't see blueprints anywhere.

It looks like they're wrapped up in Bain's Guide. There's a section loaded up with maps and general tips for parts of heists. It also includes drill and lockpick times for safes. Really neat guide that OK put a lot of effort into.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Vatek posted:

The beta had about 1/4 to 1/3 of the content of the full game.

This may not be the case, it might be closer to 1/2.

It looks like the only new things are:

-Pro versions of jobs
-Mallcrasher
-Firestarter
-Framing Frame
-Big Oil
~3 new Escapes
-Ukrainian Job & Bank Gold which are just versions of Jewelry Store/Bank

Nobody's found any new Safehouse functionality and the previously leaked mission list appears not to be in-game. There are hints in Bane's Crime Book that there's a big Secret either in the game or planned.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
In order for realism to work in a game like Payday 2, I think you'd have to make everything else realistic too to balance it out. Like, bulletproof vests would block very little damage, it'd take very few actual bullets to down a player, etc. If players were every bit as resilient as they are now, and the AI police tried using real-life tactics, they'd still be dispatched pretty easily. The cops just plain go down more easily than the Payday Gang, and that'd have to change if you wanted to use real police tactics.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Atoramos posted:

-Pro versions of jobs
-Mallcrasher
-Firestarter
-Framing Frame
-Big Oil
~3 new Escapes

Nobody's found any new Safehouse functionality and the previously leaked mission list appears not to be in-game. There are hints in Bane's Crime Book that there's a big Secret either in the game or planned.

If I'm not mistaken, don't new jobs open up when you hit certain levels in game? I do remember the beta trying to vaguely do something like that once you hit 10.

Also, what the crap is a Pro Job and what is the difference between it and a regular version of the same heist?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Vatek posted:

The bots are terrible, the only way to play SP is to play missions that don't require you to move a ton of bags. They can't drop supplies and they don't carry bags which makes it extremely difficult to do heists that can't be completed in a couple of minutes.

Alright. Bit of a shame but I'll live.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

LuiCypher posted:

If I'm not mistaken, don't new jobs open up when you hit certain levels in game? I do remember the beta trying to vaguely do something like that once you hit 10.

Also, what the crap is a Pro Job and what is the difference between it and a regular version of the same heist?

The 'new heists' that unlock include the same heists at higher difficulties.

The missions I listed are the only missions mentioned in Achievements (other than the ones in the Beta), so I'd be surprised if there are missions just missing any reference to them.

Pro Jobs you only have one attempt at success, and are worth more than normal jobs.

VV That, or they were never intended in the first place. Big Oil wasn't on the previous list, nor was an Armored Car DLC. Getting 'only' four new missions is a bit of a letdown, but the game's still much bigger than Payday 1. I guess I'm still hoping for hidden content to be found, but my hopes aren't that high.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 13, 2013

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD
^^ Got me then, maybe the stuff out of the files was DLC heists?

Atoramos posted:

-Pro versions of jobs
-Mallcrasher
-Firestarter
-Framing Frame
-Big Oil
~3 new Escapes

Heists unlock every 10 levels so the available missions at level 1 aren't all of the content.

Vatek fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 13, 2013

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

SixtySix posted:

I own and played Payday 1 and spent some time on the demo of Payday 2, and I'm not a fan. Full disclosure, I used to be a cop and got training on SWAT tactics and entries, etc and the police AI is just so brutally stupid and unrealistic that I can't suspend my disbelief and enjoy it. Things like civilians blocking a door and the police hide behind them a start shooting at me, snipers with BRIGHT AS gently caress lasers standing up in a window, fully silhouetted and begging to be shot...ugh.

Give me mindless zombie hordes in coop shooters any day, not supposedly trained humans that act like idiots. I would love this game if it was at all realistic in the enemy AI, but it's not and I don't.

They're stupid, but also really bright on the higher difficulty levels.

I had a SWAT team member lob a flashbang into the manager's office on nightclub while we were holed up in there. This was followed by three of them crashing through the skylight while we were blinded, and taking down three group members before anyone had vision back. They did this with melee too, so there'd be no way to see them via muzzle flare.

It seems as the difficulty increases, the smarter they get. They're basically zombies with guns on the lowest level, but once you hit around hard they start to use flanking and advanced tactics to flush you out. It's gotten to where I tell my team not to run for the van if an assault is going, since they always have an ambush set up that funnels you into multiple fields of fire.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 13, 2013

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

dvorak posted:

There should probably be an FAQ about the weapon unlock system in the OP. It's surely going to be a frequent question. i.e. I HAVE THE MOD WHY CAN'T I USE IT?

Did a quick write up, though I just woke up so if there's something I forgot to add someone feel free to say so. :v:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Feenix posted:

I will say the shooting is pretty good.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

SixtySix posted:

Let's be honest here. The game is a mindless shooter, with hordes of enemies coming in. Not that different from a cop-skinned Left 4 Dead. Gameplay is fun independet of the skin used (zombie, cop, soldier, alien), right?

But you aren't the first in commenting that, in the first Payday some people also complained of the mood whiplash between having a real world setting with robbers, cops, real heists locations, and then putting gameplay taken from Left 4 Dead.

In the end, it's heist-themed arcade game. It's not a realistic simulation of heists. The game is very gamey, for example the hostages here are an original way put put the extra lives.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
Played with some goons stole a tiara a couple times and some gold. Feels good man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I think my favorite theft moment from the beta was when it was just me and one of my Steam buddies doing the bank heist, and I insisted on going back into the vault for "one more box" before we left.

The box I picked happened to have $13,000 in it. :getin:

• Locked thread