Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Mr Scumbag posted:

Yeah, well, about that:

They nerved the extra cableties skill. Now you only get 5.

Yeah but literally everyone has five now because noone is max level and must have the XP skill anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
My steam is "Downloading" a 600MB patch for this game. I say "Downloading" because it's been sitting at 0 bytes/second for a little bit now, which is weird considering I get perfect internet on the rest of steam, as well as just on my computer on general. Every now and then it'll spike and actually download something, but then it goes back to nothing.

I just want to run one heist before I leave for work :negative:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Bolow posted:

Unless you're going solo you hardly ever need nearly 20 ties between 4 people. Unless you're trying to zip tie the entire nightclub

Then why nerf the amount?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Mr Scumbag posted:

Then why nerf the amount?

I guess so you need a couple people to have the skill rather than 1 person tying up the whole world

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Don't switch cards at the card selection screen, just hit enter and it worked fine for me. Woke up early to get a few heists in, is pretty fun. :) Randomly chose technician.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Stealthed Zombie posted:

My steam is "Downloading" a 600MB patch for this game. I say "Downloading" because it's been sitting at 0 bytes/second for a little bit now, which is weird considering I get perfect internet on the rest of steam, as well as just on my computer on general. Every now and then it'll spike and actually download something, but then it goes back to nothing.

I just want to run one heist before I leave for work :negative:

Hahaha same here. I've even tried switching download locations and all I get is Steam telling me it'll be done in 10 minutes despite not downloading anything.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Edit: Apparently I'm blind!

Moochewmoo fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 13, 2013

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Moochewmoo posted:

I know nothing about steam groups, but I made one anyways. Join up, find Goons, make money.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SAPayDay/

There's already a group. And a thread.

They are in the OP.

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005
Awww....look how OHMYGODMYHAND!
Two times this morning, game crashed with no reward after completing a mission and earning a Steam Achievement.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Erata posted:

Got a guy who says this doesn't work for him, just wondering if anyone else can confirm if disabling Steam Community in-game doesn't stop the crashing.

Disabled and got another crash about 20 minutes later.

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013
I've only crashed once luckily
I restarted my steam after the first crash and now it has been stable for 5 missions, so try restarting steam if you are crashing a lot.

Hopefully my luck stays.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
gently caress. Framing Frame is a three day with two stealth parts and is extremely hard if you fail to stealth it.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

SovietSteel posted:

Hahaha same here. I've even tried switching download locations and all I get is Steam telling me it'll be done in 10 minutes despite not downloading anything.

Worked fine finally. And then it was like "This save is an earlier version! You gotta start over!" which, considering I wasn't even really level 1 yet, wasn't a big deal.

I just hope that doesn't manage to become a thing, as that would be CRAZY. And I think Overkill is better than that.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Bolow posted:

Unless you're going solo you hardly ever need nearly 20 ties between 4 people. Unless you're trying to zip tie the entire nightclub

Hey, thats some peoples idea of good night out.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Hmm game is updating again... Hopefully this will fix the random CTDs I have been getting, last one happened at the Payday screen too :supaburn:.

Croccers posted:

Started up an Australian group because high pings aren't fun.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AusPaygoons

You can bug me via my account too.

Friend request sent.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010
Is anyone else finding the game unplayably laggy, even on the lowest settings? It's amazing that they managed to go from a (mostly) functional beta to a full game with crippling bugs :geno:

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Trying to install and it's stopped at 1% for about 20 minutes. That normal?

Edit: 2 minutes after posting this it says timed out, restarts, and then gets stuck on 1% again.

Malt fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 13, 2013

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

MorphineMike posted:

Is anyone else finding the game unplayably laggy, even on the lowest settings? It's amazing that they managed to go from a (mostly) functional beta to a full game with crippling bugs :geno:

It's still running well for me but I can no longer stream it without dropping a ton of frames, even on lower framerates, whereas I could stream the beta at 60 without dropping any. :smith:

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
Had crashes as a heist finishes about four times already; still get the achievements for leveling, but zilch otherwise. Game itself runs at a good clip, but sometimes there's minor freezing.

A shame; it's fun, but randomly getting nothing from 20 minutes of play in a progression centered game is pretty game-breaking. Hope they patch it soon.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
The patch that I just finished downloading reset everything.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Okay, I picked up the bag of money and then I was confused as to why my view was slightly off center and angled.

Then I realized because I am carrying a goddamn bag of money.

I think I love this game.

Just finished the safehouse, I want to rob some people.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Framing Frame is fuuuuuuuuuucked.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
This game looks pretty interesting, but I think my lack of mic and friends would be some hurdles to getting the most out of it. Is it possible to be all stylish with just a suit and handgun or do you pretty much need armor jackets and automatics to survive inevitable waves of SWAT? I like looking cool more than being super effective. :downs:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bocc Kob posted:

This game looks pretty interesting, but I think my lack of mic and friends would be some hurdles to getting the most out of it. Is it possible to be all stylish with just a suit and handgun or do you pretty much need armor jackets and automatics to survive inevitable waves of SWAT? I like looking cool more than being super effective. :downs:
The question is do you wear your fancy suit under that big arse Skill-only armour?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Where is my unpack faster DLC? Oh wait, that's probably my laptop maker that sells that.

Goodbye Rainbow Infamous drop, I knew you well..

2013 - 2013

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Are there any general tips to be aware of to not have everything go to poo poo right away?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I've been stuck at 89% for 30 minutes. Each time I try to start the download it considers it for a moment and then pauses it again without making any progress.

Another goon suggested changing your region to something else. Whenever I switch my region I restart Steam and it's set back to my original, default region. I didn't even stay up all night because I knew release was going to be a poo poo show. What the hell is going on? :psyduck:

e: It's not let me change my region a few times but nothing has changed. Steam literally won't let me finish the install.
e2: According to a dev's twitter account using task manager to kill Steam and then trying to download helps. I did it and instead of having my download immediately paused it's now downloading at 0kb/s which I suppose is an improvement. ( http://www.videogamer.com/pc/payday_2/news/payday_2_wont_download_force_close_steam_and_restart.html )

fennesz fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 13, 2013

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Knightmare posted:

Are there any general tips to be aware of to not have everything go to poo poo right away?

Take as many hostages as you can in a area you can control easily, shoot SWAT guys in the head, always have someone with an ammo bag.

Assaults take longer to form and are pretty small the more hostages you have. If you kill civilians they form faster and are way meaner. Mash F on shield guys, tasers, bulldozers, and spooks to let everyone know where they're at. And if you're ever downed by a special unit tell everyone what downed you.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare posted:

Police will spawn in through the most bullshittest places so a lot of the time you'll run straight into a SWAT guy that came from nowhere.
Example: Is there a skylight in the ceiling? They'll drop in from there.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Heads up just got the most irritating bug. If you toss a loot bag too close to a civilian who isn't cable tied you can't pick the bags back up. Even after killing him all I got was the "You need cable ties" message when I tried to pick up the bags.

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013

SovietSteel posted:

Heads up just got the most irritating bug. If you toss a loot bag too close to a civilian who isn't cable tied you can't pick the bags back up. Even after killing him all I got was the "You need cable ties" message when I tried to pick up the bags.

Well. That sounds incredibly annoying. Did you report this?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I don't understand why it's suddenly having so many problems. The beta ran flawlessly and it's not like they made significant changes to the card system in the last three days.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Launch bugs, probably due to things from other things and even other things that the Beta did not touch. It sounds like OK is really open to learning about any bug, and that they want to fix this game as soon as possible. It is sad to me that this is surprising from a company, everyone should do that.

Man, OK has been pretty nice.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

DirtyTalk posted:

Well. That sounds incredibly annoying. Did you report this?

If I could find where they want bug reports I would. So far hitting that Gamehub option at the main menu takes me to the Steam discussion boards which are just complete poo poo right now.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I'd be willing to bet that the Beta was a forked build of the game. It makes sense since they had to remove lots of functionality (Pro Jobs, whatever functionality the Safehouse holds [assuming that's in release], Achievements). It also means the Final build of the game was probably poorly tested and they just made equivalent changes to the Final build when they altered the Beta build.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Octavious posted:

Payday 2: Last Thing I Sweat's Some Sucka Punk Cop

If Ice-T isn't good enough for a subtitle then gently caress you guys.

Payday 2 : A drill stopped on me for nuthin'

My game hasn't downloaded anything after installation. I got one crash right after the tutorial, but after that it's been smooth sailing. I managed to have a few pretty decent games with some random pubs.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Just had my first crash outside of the card screen. I hit someone in the back of the head and it instantly crashed to desktop. I hope they fix this really really soon. These first few days are really going to be what makes the community, and issues like this can make it never get off the ground.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Finally pulled off a solo Very Hard Four Stores, opened a big safe and got out. Then the game crashed and I lost all of that money and exp. :suicide:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

SovietSteel posted:

Finally pulled off a solo Very Hard Four Stores, opened a big safe and got out. Then the game crashed and I lost all of that money and exp. :suicide:

When mine crashed on the card screen I still had the money/exp I believe, or at least the skill point I had earned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

No one gives a fuck about shit.
So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,
Cause shit's fucked anyway.
Shit is run in to the ground.

I don't wanna think about it,
I just wanna get down.

SovietSteel posted:

I ran in to this a lot in beta, you just need to find the right angle to grab the bag from. Alternatively, kill the civilian.

• Locked thread