Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

dreffen posted:

Mastermind
The Mastermind is the manipulative leader who excels at crowd control, and also happens to carry a doctor bag just because.

The Mastermind has the Medic Bag because sometimes the dumb idiots you're ordering around don't listen and get hurt, so you need to be ready to make their physical booboos better just like you do with their tactical ones.

I cannot wait to play this with Goons and my friends. Just from the limited time I've had playing the beta, Payday 2 is going to be a lot of fun in any sort of coordinating group. It really is amazing just how much this game leaves Payday 1 in the dust, from the wider variety of jobs to the heavily improved levelling system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I finally can play this online and good god, it's great fun even in the pub groups I've been running while I don't have a mic. I went on the heist equivalent of a ridealong with a bunch of other folks doing a couple Overkill heists and shot up in levels fast enough to make my head spin. Now I'm shouting at SWAT teams while blasting away with my Reinbeck/popping headshots with a Crosskill from ranges far beyond what a pistol should be used at, and having the time of my drat life. I need to get stuff set up so I can roll with some goon groups and maybe actually see a successful stealth heist.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Shima Honnou posted:

I mean to let the surrendered cops live, but, looking at them, standing there, arms up, my Mosconi speaks to me, telling me to do it, demanding sacrificial offerings.

So that's how I get the drat Mosconi mods to drop!

As much as I may want to try other builds, I don't know if I could ever give up Joker. It doesn't always matter to a match, but dammit when Officer Friendly's got my back it's a great feeling. Especially if he brought one of those fantastic tan vests with him.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I made my first customized mask. I like it. It lets me feel like a supervillain.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Drop it a floor above in a hidden place and its makes a loud beeping sound that makes people head towards it. They can't find it and it drives them crazy, leading more people to it.

Shima Honnou posted:

Rework Ghost so there's new top tier skills.

One lets you throw down an ECM and all the cops clear out for a while thinking it's a bomb; spawns bulldozers at the end of a small period of no-assault.

The other lets you steal the pager off of guards if you sneak up on them, thereby neutering them from alerting anyone if you kill them as well as gently placing it somewhere safe where it won't make the operator go HEY YOUR PAGER JUST HIT SOMETHING TALK TO ME MAN I'M SOUNDING THE ALARM IMMEDIATELY

Both of these aren't half bad ideas for how to make ECMs actually worth it when you go hot. Something that lets you control the flow of enemies to some extent would be useful without be absolutely gamebreaking, at least so far as I'm aware. It'd also make using one a question of whether you think you can make it out without alerting the cops with it, or if you should keep it until you can drop it and make an opening for the escape.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Grapplejack posted:

Also this is my new favorite mask after getting the materials for it

I'm jealous of you people and your wonderfully 80s masks, but at least I have the Angry Eyebrows Headgina.

I'm also debating whether the Holo Sight I just got would be better off on my Reinbeck or AK762. I've tried it out on the Reinbeck and it does feel like I'm ending up more accurate while using it, but it also feels a little unnecessary? And my 762 always feels like I'm getting less shots on-target than I should be, so having a sight might be a good thing. Would a holo sight, or one of the different scopes I have be better for that, considering I'm usually using the 762 at mid-range more than really long.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Oh my god. I'm going to wear this mask and just append "FOOLS" to every one of my shouts. "Eat that dirt, FOOLS!" :doom:

Feeble posted:

In another example of overkill's vague skill descriptions being incredibly annoying, it does stack despite the description seeming to indicate it doesn't. I unintentionally tested it when I aced the perk in order to help a pubbie friend level up faster and I realized I was getting more xp than before. 1st lvl gets you +10% xp for everything except crew survived and the aced version slaps another 10% bonus on there. Basically for anyone who's hit level 70 I highly recommend acing it. Sure it's 4 points that could be put into something more useful but it also means you're spending 1/5th less time grinding for exp.

Yeah, while Fast Learner might not help you kill things better directly, it will help you (and your friends!) get better at killing things better faster.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Well this is an awesome mask. Robbing banks as Baron Samedi is a very appealing concept.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Caufman posted:

Inspire gives your character more lines of dialog, and is therefore essential with all characters except Hoxton, for whom it only compounds the dread.

After getting Inspire, I actually spend heists just barely hoping that someone will get downed, so I get a chance to shout "GET OFF YOUR rear end!"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Thump! posted:

I thoroughly enjoy hearing Chains scream "GET THE gently caress UP" over and over at his teammates. Makes me feel like he really hates the lazy fucks he's heisting with.

I'm always sad when I get stuck as someone other than Chains, because no one else's Inspire shouts are as great as his. Especially shouting "GOGOGO! GO! GOGOGO!" the entire way to the escape point of every single day. I'm sure my teammates appreciate the morale boost.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Caufman posted:

Nothing is a bad as joining a room and having to be Hoxton.

"Don't act dumb."

Ugh. Just go home, Hoxton.

Hoxton does have one good shout in "I've had a very bad day, don't make it worse!", but that's it for good things that can be said about Hoxton.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Deviant posted:

Hoxton sleeeeeeepy. :3:

"FRONT LEANING NAP TIME!"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Cass posted:

"@locust9 Heya, any plans to update mask crafting? Good foundation,but could be really great if it was like wpn mods: de-craft + drop limits"
"yes"

About time.

This actually makes me way happier with these time-limited patterns and masks. I was gazing longingly at the Doomweaver pattern, knowing that if I got it I'd just end up with it sitting in my inventory forever because I was afraid to use up my only one. But now, I can shamelessly farm all the masks and patterns this weekend and be able to actually use them without fear that I'll wish I hadn't later!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I managed to pub my way through all the Nightmares and Roulette all the masks. Now all that's left is to grab myself a Doomweaver pattern and I'll be one happy camper!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Syves posted:

Are the extra achievements still going to be achievable after the event is over? Like "Afraid of the Dark", or "Witch Doctor"?

According to the event page, the only achievements that'll be unachievable after it's over are the Nightmare ones, since the map'll be out of rotation. The rest should be attainable year-round, though the mask-related ones will require you to at least get the masks now so that you can wear them.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Did they say they were raising the level cap? Because all I can remember related to skill changes is that there might be some skill tier reshuffling and the addition of Tier 7 to each class, with the interest of reducing the level of jack-of-all-trades builds and giving more motivation to really specialize. If they're raising the level cap too that seems like it would slightly defeat the purpose of those changes (though the added levels would probably have an even higher XP requirement than 90-100 does now, so it would at least take some time and work to get to that point).

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I think suppression also contributes to making them just hunker down wherever they are, because I've definitely seen cops just start squatting in the road while I'm laying down a burst of fire on their squad, and stay that way long enough for me to reload and keep shooting at them.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm seeing way too many pubbies bringing ECMs to Safehouse Nightmare. Do they have some secret use I'm unaware of, or is it just another lesson in never playing with randoms?

In theory you could use Feedback with them to get some breathing room during a really bad rush, but it's just as likely to be a product of most people not understanding that even just the one point drop for each tree's deployable is an amazing investment for your own versatility.

So yes, the lesson is pretty much avoid pubbing it (I say, having never played a dedicated goon game).

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I am excited to rob armored trucks with the end goal of robbing a train carrying an experimental weapon.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Daryl Surat posted:

Goldfarb just replied to me on Twitter to clarify: "when we roll out all the skill changes, mm will get his 3 dominates during assault in Control Freak Basic"

So basically they took it out for now because they're rolling it out with the rest of the skill changes to keep things balanced. Alas, I think they said those skill rebalances won't happen until next year. Or maybe it's just that the Tier 7 skills won't be until next year.

Well, I guess they figured out how to make people actually take Control Freak besides for making two or three heists already easy heists easier.

I'm going to be really sad when they finally change Gunslinger to not be a flat 50% bonus, because I don't know that I'll be able to justify it over just bringing an SMG or Loco, especially with the Ghost/MM build I'm aiming towards, and that means giving up Pistol Messiah too, which is an actual heartbreak for me. That skill, Inspire, and my Crosskill turned a number of almost wipes last night into wins, up to the point of pulling our bacon out of the fire on our successful train heist run when everyone got downed in a corner by a sniper. I suppose I could just keep it and get better with the Bronco or Deagle, or with being consistently accurate with my shots, but it's still going to be a hit to my total damage and make popping a Tan or Taser for a revive a bit more difficult.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

John Murdoch posted:

TBH, it seems like the saw is a trap for the armored cars unless your team is really in the zone. You're better off with a Ghost with the lockpicking bonus (and even just normal lockpicking speed isn't as slow as deposit boxes) and the Enforcer bringing a big loving gun to shoot things with.

Getting the loot out instantaneously is largely pointless when you still have to wait for the escape vehicle anyway.

I did some Truck runs today, and the best method for speed and loot seems to be C4ing one truck and looting it right away to trip the Van arrival, then drilling the rest. We also had a guy with a saw to speed up the process, but I think that only makes sense if you're doing the C4 opener to let you just be training bags the moment the van arrives.

One weird thing I've noticed with this update is that a lone Basic SWAT has spawned every now and then on Overkill assaults, where before I don't think I'd even seen them appear at the start of the difficulty. They don't seem to do anything special, they just show up all alone and join the fight.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

King Vidiot posted:

Though I like Dallas's end-of-job victory yells.

Chains still has him beat there.

"That was just like last time! Only sexier!"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Acquire Currency! posted:

Check out that 'We're putting something together for a friend' note :stare:

The best present.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Skoll posted:

I can kill cops with them just fine, just don't expect them to kill anything past tans. Grenades are also perfect for clearing out the beginning of Watchdogs in about two seconds. Usually just takes one or two.

I'm now imagining a truck full of grenade wielders just throwing all their grenades at that first group the moment the door falls.

It's beautiful.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

mischief posted:

I've got three more copies of the DLC and no friends.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/beepboopbeepbeep

Friend request sent! I'm going to have to actually play the game with you people sometime at this rate instead of just pubbing it up all the time.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

nickhimself posted:

If weapon threat has zero to do with dominating, what purpose does the stat serve? It doesn't have anything to do with how well you're concealed, because that's conceal. If threat is literally just so civilians get on the ground easier, then that's loving stupid and needs to be fixed.

Threat is the thing that makes cops dive away and crouch down instead of attacking or pushing forward when you shoot at them. It has nothing to do with stealth or shouted intimidation.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Manuel Calavera posted:

But they've robbed us for years! We want it all back!

It's nothing symbolic, like burning the flag. Just put all your wallets into the bag.

I've been away from playing PD2 for a while due to winter break, but when this next DLC drops I'll probably come back for a while. At this point it's a toss-up between that and the fabled skill revamp bringing me back for a while. I'm also tempted to just make a wish to the LUA fairy to hurry me up with the last couple levels I have to 100.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

TGLT posted:

Although I haven't personally tried it, any mission I've ever been dropped often enough to be thrown in jail is not a mission me and my friends are going to win. Four points is a lot to spend on something that is only going to delay the inevitable. Unless you're the only person in your crew that's prone to bleeding a lot.

But I feel that way about Pistol Messiah and I see that one showing up in a lot of builds, so I might be completely off base here.

Pistol Messiah seems more useful to me than Nine Lives because it is more able to actually turn a losing job around, rather than just prolong one. Pistol Messiah's a good panic button for 4 points that can let you try and pull the team back from the brink, especially if you have Aced Inspire, where Nine Lives requires your teammates to still be able to get you back up when you go down an additional time. There have definitely been times when I've been glad for having Pistol Messiah, as it let me hop up and shout the rest of my team back into fighting condition, which is a significant recovery. Acing Pistol Messiah is less useful, since there are better things to spend those points on than just two more revives though.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Scott Forstall posted:

PAYDAY 2: Official Soundtrack
Track "Wanted Dead or Alive" added to the PAYDAY 2: Official Soundtrack
Track "Sirens in the Distance" added to the PAYDAY 2: Official Soundtrack

As tired as I may get of some of the stuff Overkill does, their continuing to update the Soundtrack will always make me happy.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm a big fan of the "DEFCON 1" duct tape label.

But yeah, OH poo poo IT'S A loving CLOAKER

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dezztroy posted:

"I've got your DLC right here!" :allears:

My favorites have to be "The safeword is 'police brutality!'" and "I bet you let yourself get beat up, just to hear what I have to say!" Overkill's sense of humor in the game is pretty fun.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Vatek posted:

Yeah I'm honestly a little disappointed, the LMGs are fun but the implementation sucks. Knives are completely pointless too.

Knives would be a lot more fun if the cops didn't have their own, which makes closing to melee range in a fight never anything but a losing prospect. Charged hits can get kills, but then you need to time it so that you can walk and charge to close enough range for the kill without just getting shot a ton anyway. It does make melee skills slightly more appealing, especially Martial Arts so that you can actually make it though getting slashed by a cop.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Daryl Surat posted:

I could alternatively forgo the headshot bonus in favor of putting the points towards Enforcer. Reducing the severity of those flashbangs while having +20% health/+15% armor would certainly be nice. I don't really have much in the way of bonuses to either right now. Thoughts, preferably from people who extensively play Ghost/MM rather than Techforcer?

For the while that I was 100 before doing Infamy, as someone who is predominantly Mastermind/Ghostermind, having some points in Enforcer for Die Hard's armor regen bonus (and primary use to let me fire while bleeding out without risking wasting my Pistol Messiah charge) and the Flashbang reduction was pretty sweet. Flashbang reduction is especially a major boon, taking them from a serious inconvenience that sends me backing into corners to hide from enemy fire, to a minor bump in the road that you get over before you even realize it was an issue. I stopped having any points in Technician when I realized that just having lasers on all my guns meant steelsighting in bleedout was needless, so I can't talk about the headshot bonus, and I stuck with pistols because I love my Crosskill to death, but running around with bonus damage silenced pistol and a kitted out JP36 was a sweet time.

This is a close approximation of what I had going. Control Freak never appealed to me enough to drop the 4 points outside of just a Jewelry Store or stealth gimmick build, and I never found myself needing fully upgraded medkits if people are smart about using the four charges when they've had a few downs already. Underdog versus Pumping Iron for the additional point to get Enforcer T3 just seems like a matter of taste, but I'd prefer to be able to knife/punch/butt stroke cops a little better, especially for the sake of softening them up for intimidating. And with the rise of cops with knives, Martial Arts Aced seems like a good deal for the sake of not getting prison shanked as hard if you're cornered. I also just like Cat Burglar for letting me jump around a bit more on missions, which can especially be helpful for getting an Inspire off at a crucial moment.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
As for zipties, I can only imagine the gang each hastily stuffing a fistful into their pocket right before hopping out of the van/helicopter. Upgrading makes you realize you can use both pockets.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Anonymous Robot posted:

A lever-action cowboy shotgun and dual-wield revolvers.

If they give us this and a mask that is just a cowboy hat, that would be the greatest thing. They've already got sunglasses as one mask that doesn't actually cover the face, let me pull a cowboy hat out of my suit and put it on before pulling my six-shooters and shouting for those yella-bellied cowards to eat that dirt.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm never going to do Election Day without wearing a President mask. Preferably Obama or Nixon.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I look forward to the rise of Thanatos/Loco builds. Sniper-Shottys 4 Life.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

I really need to get my desktop fixed so I can finally play this with goons.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Acquire Currency! posted:

That video should have ended with "Civilian Killed: $48,000 Deducted for cleaner costs."

This was my immediate thought when they cut to black and I'm disappointed it didn't live up to it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Aren't the bobbleheads just going to be collectibles for your safehouse?

If they add anything related to the safehouse at this point, I will be honestly shocked. Not to say I wouldn't totally waste hours farming for bobbleheads to cover my Crime.Net desk with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I see there are profile slots that you can save/load from. How does that work? Do you have to pay each time or can you respec instantly free of charge?

Where are these? Is it a HoxHud feature, or have I just missed a really useful feature this long?

And I'm gonna test if Control Freak lets me actually use Stockholm Syndrome. That seems like the most plausible way to get it to go.

• Locked thread