Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
I read Bain's guide thing, and I would like to recommend the thread subtitle be "I'm not a loving book collector".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

The more civs you have tied down, the less aggressive the cops are, and the assault waves take longer in between each other to happen.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

My favorite line from the cops has to be "This is a collective goatfuck!". Me and a friend were actually discussing it briefly, but I think the cops actually swear more than the heisters do, which is loving hilarious to me.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

I really like what they did to Bain in this game. He's gone from the sadistic voice you hear constantly yelling at you, to pretty much your best friend, and it's the best thing. He always sounds so happy to know you're doing as well as you are and it's hilarious listening to him during Rats. "Uhh guys, this site says to put something in to keep the temperature up. Club soda? The gently caress is that?"

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Bain is totally checking Wikipedia during Rats.

That would explain why he blows us up so often! :argh:

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Cosmik Debris posted:

Is there a way to keep the police from shooting at you after you start a heist? Seems to me they shouldn't run in guns blazing if you have hostages.

The more hostages you have, the less aggressive they are and assault waves will take longer to happen, but there's no way to outright stop police from attacking you.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Torabi posted:

Been having a lot of fun with this. But I read on another site that the game both lacks cloakers and safe house customization. Along with heists missing. Does the game really have the 60-something maps that some of you said? I still love the game but would be nice to know.

It definitely feels like the game launched earlier than they really wanted to but decided to at this point because of how people were responding to the beta. Cloakers, or Spooks as they're now called apparently, aren't in the game because of a bug where they would kick you and it wouldn't just down you, but it would also crash your game to the desktop. Spooks are OP as hell.

The music is also still the demo versions, listening to the in game music and then the official soundtrack makes it really noticeable. Safe house customization is also coming at some point, they said that today on the community hub. No one really knows if those heists are future DLC that was just mentioned in the heist, or if maybe they're going to give us more levels in patches as the game's life goes on. Either way, just hold out for a bit, things are coming.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

sarr posted:

Is it expected of them to add more heists as free dlc? Have they mentioned anything like this? To be honest I'm a bit surprised those are all the missions (since the day counter goes all the way to 7 I honestly thought there would be jobs that spanned this length).

Knowing Overkill and how much they like the community, I wouldn't doubt free DLC levels happening at some point.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

My build is mostly Ghost with the extra sprint, less fall damage, and just quicker moving and people not being as suspicious of me. I have both of the bag types though, and the enforcer's bag toss along with a couple of mastermind skills. I like playing the quick support that just tosses bags around.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

What exactly does the intel get you in Rats anyways? It's almost easier to just fail the cook and the intel on purpose and mad dash the level on Overkill, you get a lot of money either way. Plus the cook is a pain in the rear end and so slow.

Intel is the code to defuse the C4 on the bus

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

If they can make stealth a little more viable, and also give a reward for doing things without the cops ever showing up, that would instantly bring up interest, at least I would think so. A fair amount of complaints I see are that there's no reason to not go guns blazing, so that would be a really welcome change.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Apparently we're supposed to be getting another bigger patch "soon"

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

I can't really tell if this game is just poorly optimized, or my card just isn't good enough, because I'm having some trouble playing the game on anything over medium with a Radeon 7520G whenever tons of stuff is going on in game.

There's also some strange frame dropping that always happens the moment I touch the hill next to the van in day 1 of Firestarter. Anyone else have that problem?

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Re: new loot animations

Yes but does it work with corpses? Cause I got like 20 from this nightclub i hit the other night

I tried tossing a corpse bag into the van and it didn't even register. Has it ever been a thing you can toss in for money?

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

I definitely feel a little bit faster than I used to, but since I have all of the movement buffs from the ghost, I'm like the Flash. It's pretty great being able to get from point A to point B without anyone ever hitting me.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Feeble posted:

I can never remember the names of the armors but I mean the highest you can normally use without investing in the man of iron skill. And yeah, the first 3 tiers of ghost has things that are undeniably useful regardless of class. I'm a technician originally and in playstyle but since I'm lvl 70 something I'm throwing my points around an experimenting a bit with stuff. Shinobi is awesome because it affects all movement speed aside from sprinting, even bag carrying, so atm I can basically move twice as fast as anyone else can while carrying a bag. I shudder to think how goddamn fast I'd move if I went into a heist in nothing but a suit. I should test that...

Has anyone confirmed whether or not that ghost silenced weapon damage+ skill fully compensates for the damage lost by equipping a suppressor? Because if it does that (or makes so it does even more damage then the unsuppressed version :allears:) that would officially turn ghost from "the class I'm only in to get shinobi" to "the class I absolutely must throw all my spare points into." I like fwip fwip guns but the damage hit is just too drat big for me to self justify using them.

I don't remember the exact number, I think it was an extra 30% of damage done with silenced weapons? The aced version gives you a chance to pierce armour with them now, so it might be worth it just for that. I know I'll be using my silenced Locomotive more now. {The locomotive is the secondary shotgun right? I get them all mixed up.)

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

God drat, I managed to take out all the guards in framing frame day 1, but then I got myself caught by the cameras anyways.:negative:

That being said, stealth is kinda fun and really intense, I like it a lot.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

It took me half an hour (on my last try) and multiple attempts, but I finally managed to stealth Framing Frame day three, up until the point where I got caught by the lasers on my last attempt because I was playing solo like a moron. At least I finally figured it out.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

santanotreal posted:

I was soloing day 1 and intimidated a guard, and he even said "okay I surrender" and proceeded to put his hands above his head. However, he somehow glitched while half inside a wall and started shooting at me. Sometimes this game's mechanics just don't make sense...

You have to listen for that "click" sound when you tell them to put on their handcuffs. I assume intimidated guards will still fight back if you walk away before doing that.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

I finally managed to full stealth Framing Frame by myself, I think I have this down. The vault also spawned on the same floor as the computer so I managed to take all the gold too. Only took me two tries this time!

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

It sounds like they're bringing back the old Hoxton voice! Source here.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

I'm pretty sure they aren't changing hitboxes or anything, they're just working on giving her different animations so she "doesn't look like a dude in a woman's body" or something along those lines.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Ha, I can't believe anyone would actually fall for that. There was also a Q&A with Almir where he said they have to reset their progress every time they start a new patch so they can make sure they don't completely break progression by accident.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Well, Almir just posted that the patch is ready, and it's up to the people whether it goes up now or Monday. What kind of monster would pick monday anyways

EDIT: Beaten to the punch

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Thing confirmed for inclusion in the patch by David Goldfarb.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Goldfarb states that the new map isn't a variation on Jewelry Store and also says that AI will be able to carry bags soon. Apparently they also tooled the money you get at the end so it focuses a bit more on bags. This patch sounds massive and also awesome as hell.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Skoll posted:

I hate that I agree with you, but this is seriously what I've come to expect.

Did they ever mention anything about trading masks, etc yet?

Trading is a planned feature that they want to integrate at some point but Goldfarb says it's a lot of work so it might take a while.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

:siren:GET HYPE:siren:

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

C'mon Overkill, where's my patch notes? I want to read every change and get stupid excited over how my gun does a small amount more damage now!

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

No more cash cards?

Cash cards are still in, but they got buffed so they aren't as useless now.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

HellCopter posted:

Now I can look at all this cool stuff and go back to my beta-status PS3. Has there been any news on that recently, about when it will be enough to justify patching this stuff in?

They have to test all of the patches on the consoles and then send them out to Sony/MS to cert them before they can be added. I assume everything from this point on though will be added soon. This seems like a pretty good place to do that.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

fronz posted:

I'm so ready.
The patch has been downloading 0B/s for a while now for me :(

That's just a thing that Payday does because they compress everything so you don't have to download 3 gigs in case you're on a bandwidth cap. It'll just stop after a while to extract all the data and then keep going. At least, that's what I think happens.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Does smooth talker give the person with the skill four pagers and everyone else two, or is it four for the entire team?

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

zylche posted:

4 for the person, it doesn't work team-wide. You get 2 pagers normally but pagers 3 + 4 have to be done by someone with smooth talker.

It must be bugged right now then, because I was running framing frame with someone else who had Smooth Talker and the third guard he talked to, and the fifth total, sounded the alarm.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Atoramos posted:

No, this is how it works. The total number of guards is shared. Unless one of those four guards was dominated, the fifth will always set off the alarm.

I feel like an idiot now. Thanks for explaining it though!

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/locust9/status/382167030914613248

Magic mods?

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Vatek posted:

https://twitter.com/locust9/status/382550407656247296

15 base, 30 with bulletproof. I guess we'll have to see how bad the dodge nerf is.

the dodge nerf will be literally unable to dodge in Iron Man armour.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Fellis posted:

maskchat:

They call him, "Pig Boss"

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Update is up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Skoll posted:

Still says locked for me.

Weird, I'm seeing it here. basic things are new achievements, and 4 times the mask slots, but you have to buy the new pages. They also made it so armor has numbers now.

• Locked thread