Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Chances are they had a patch ready a week ago, but couldn't update because steam would have had the gold release already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, haha. A level 28 guy was showing me and my brother the ropes giving us basic rundown on the new stealth mechanics - my brother took down a security guard and the 28 dude went over to use his pager, only for another guard to wander in. 28 opened fire and just let out "oh poo poo" on realising he'd brought the wrong gun. :v:

...28?

I'm 23 and have been playing non-stop since it released

How?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I know everyone is entitled to playing the game the way they want... but doing the same heist over and over again, count me out.

I was frustrated with the 3rd day of Frame as well, but I know when I get home from work I'll probably pull off a 100% stealth with some goons, and the gold at the end will be worth it

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Atoramos posted:

Just noticed this on the walls of the Jewelry Store/Ukrainian Job

Should check out the paintings in the office when playing Night Club then :D

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I for one am glad Overkill haven't given in to the great unwashed masses.

They have kept the difficulty level up, and made it so you get nothing for failing.

I am sure the forums are a seething white-hot slag at this point, but I can't bring myself to go near them

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Doctor Doctor posted:

The Steam forums are pretty upset about this in particular.

People like this will still complain no matter what they do.

I can just picture him hulking out infront of the keyboard when he found out they restricted the over-powered Cable Guy

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

fronz posted:

And, y'know, lets you trade them if you get taken into custody. Though you see a lot less of this because Payday 2 is easier than Payday 1, it seems.

Did you get your new mouse yet?

Stop dropping beer into it, drink the beer instead.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Carecat posted:

There is gold in a vault on Framing Frame's last level but I think you can only get it if you stealth.

Firestarter day 2 can also have vault in the FBI building, we got four stacks of gold.

Correct can only get the gold on day 3 of Frame , if you stealth it, otherwise you loose the gold (and massive payday)

Hmm, we were wondering what the vault was there for on Firestarter

We drilled the door but nothing was inside. Must be one of those random events.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Torabi posted:

Never had a single crash with the beta. But the full release died on me as I was about to pick a card after the tutorial.

I believe they fixed all the crashes on payday / card get issues.

If you've been running the game since release exit out and let it update with the patch

Failing the exit steam, and verify the game files

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So does it feel like the game has a tiny little bit of auto-aim?

Not in the sense that your gun points towards the enemy, almost like the bullets are 5 times larger than they should be.

Not a complaint either, part of the charm. It's not a 100% realistic tactical shooter like say Arma 3, but it def. meets my criteria for gun battles

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Spent two hours on this. I'm not saying its impossible but its really a giant bitch with the number of guards that there are.

I'm thinking the pager perk for 2 of the guys, combined with dominator should take care of most of the guards.

Since the most i've seen wandering around was max 6-7 guards

So 2 guys with pager perk (does pager perk stack like that)?

And 2-3 with dominator, should be golden

That said I have yet to do it myself also, with a very competant group of goons

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The thing is turrets don't fire endlessly, only at targets they can see (sometimes into walls, glitched that way)

So if setup in a small killzone like a hallway, they can take out a massive group in quick order.

I have seen turrets kill a bunch and then stop, because no one was there, then resume firing when somene stepped into the hallway again.

But yes a shield will just deplete their whole supply in 10 seconds flat.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

We've gotten pretty far but what actually screws us is the cameras more often than not since you can't really take them out without every guard and his dog coming up to see what's what. There's no security room with a guy looking at the cameras either to take out. I really wish the cameras had some delay on dead bodies or actually rotated their views somewhat because if somebody gets downed in view its pretty much insta-alert.

True, if you take out a camera no one cares , but if they stumble upon it and see they will call it in.

However if you have someone on the camera controls you can tilt the camera away, allowing goons to come and go with the camera none the wiser

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Liberatore posted:

Holy poo poo. We finally figured out how to stealth Framing Frame Day 3, after many, many tries. The worst part is that it's so goddamn simple.

We spent about 10 of those minutes trying to find three of the drat things Bain asked for. One was invisible, one was hidden under a sofa cushion, and the last one was a tablet in plain sight that all of us managed to pass by over a dozen times.

If it's invisible how did you find it...?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tommofork posted:

The controls translate really well to an Xbox 360 controller and I never had any difficulty keeping up with PC players. HOWEVER.

You are locked out of text chat when in lobbies (you can't even see what others are saying via text, you can see it but not say any text chat in mission) and you have to disable push to talk and have your mic transmitting all the time as there is no controller push to talk button for controllers. :bravo:

I really want to play by my internet connection is reliable in that I can rely on it to drop in the final 3 minutes of a mission.

You must be able to bind a controller button for Mumble though right?

I know there are things like joy2key if not.

Not to derail into PCvsConsole ... but I dunno how you controller guys can stand to play a FPS, that's the reason I got rid of my 360 was because I hate shooting men with anything but a mouse and keyboard

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tommofork posted:

Yes it is entirely possible to do mumble or third party VOIP, but you're hosed for in game communication unless you leave your mic on 24/7. Also I have reasons for playing with a controller don't hate. :(

With the in game VOIP, if you use a controller, you HAVE to have push to talk disabled if you want to communicate. There is no other option. If you use a controller, you cannot do text chat either in lobby or in mission, and you can't even see text chat in the lobby.

Not hating, just curious :)

And I hate people who leave their mic open the whole game... I usually politely ask once or twice "Hey, hot mic..." etc etc

I don't like listening to people breathing and making mouth noises, not even goons

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Red Mundus posted:

Due to incredible short-sightedness by the devs Day 2 watchdogs is pretty much impossible to complete with pubbies.

It seems giving an achievement for (achievement spoiler)throwing a bag into the water may not of been the best thing to do.

I know pubbies are poo poo but this just brings it to a whole other realm of poo poo.

Not a total loss though, the bag thrown into the water goes back to the initial spawn point at the pickup truck

PS: ya'll arn't confusing dominate with intimidate are you?

Dominate allows you to turn a cop over to your side, as an AI dog essentially

Intimidate allows you to force a cop/guard to handcuff themselves without firing a shot

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Soon, soon I will be home from work

And find my little heisters have surpassed me by many levels.

I will catch up, oh I will catch up.

And also stealth the poo poo out of Frames.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Below say level 20 yeah... once you unlock the AK7.62 and the Reinbeck, it isn't so bad :)

But I want that sweet sweet gold.

We managed (the group I was playing with from 530am on till about 245pm), to find consistantly 3/5 items Bain required to stealth the 3rd day.

I did some reading and watching of twitch.tv casters, and it appears itms are a lot harder to spot than I first suspected.

Hiding in couch cushions, bed side tables... I think it will go much smoother next time :D

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

versus posted:

Ping is not really an issue unless you have above like 700ms or something; also, system link exists in 2013?

Also it's taking me about 45k XP to get from levels 40 to 41. :negative:

This is why I laugh at all the people who think overkill Ukranian job or some such is the only way to play the game.

Wait until you get until level 50-60-70 and that one Ukranian Job will barely erk out a nub on your level bar

That's why we have big multi-day heists, so you can really get into them and are rewarded with big pay offs.

Don't forget many of us haven't even unlocked all the heists, let alone overkill, and Professional for most heists

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Think ya might be spending too much time thinking about what "random" cards you are all getting, from a computer game programmed by humans

:tinfoil:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ShadowMar posted:

Surprised a lot people didn't realize random chance in video games isn't actually random.

Unrelated: I took some screenshots of what Framing Frame usually turns into.

We're very close to each other you see.

:allears:

Look at those glorious retards, someone must have leaked the newest Anime video

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Mash posted:

A standard stealth jewelry store run on OK without fancy tricks is 2 guys going 'round back, taking out the guards and breaching from the back while the other 2 keep civilians on the street down and handle the police at the hotdog stand if they've spawned on that go. Everyone and their mother did this in beta, that's why it's a "thing" for people to ask about knowing the stealth way.

There is almost no reason to bother with the guards in the back of the store :eng101:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Mash posted:

We run suits on Ukraine Overkill runs because it shaves a second or two off the time

Also, am I the only one who thinks the XP and cash rewards are badly skewed? There's basically no reason to do ANYTHING on anything other than Overkill once you hit level 10ish and can get a decent rifle and a bit of armor. Even, or especially, if you prefer stealth, Overkill is rarely much harder and the reward is so much bigger

Wait till you try Fire starter (I think thats the name) on overkill

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I have yet to try out the AK5, and AMC thingy ... but I hear the AK5 sucks, quite dissapointing really.

How's the AMC ?

(At work, not sure on the acronym for that one)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Cosmik Debris posted:

Is there a way to keep the police from shooting at you after you start a heist? Seems to me they shouldn't run in guns blazing if you have hostages.

It's been mentioned that hostages and the number you have help to hold back or lessen the assault from the cops.

I also noticed it has a lot to do with what heist you're undertaking.

Jewellery store, or Ukraine Job... it seems like an eternity until the assault starts.

But things like the FBI office heist in Firestarter, the assault is pretty well instantenous

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Here's hoping the Armoured Heist DLC will be like 6 days.

Why even have 7 days listed if they only go up to 3 :(

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Best glitch is still the 'shoot cop, cop gets half teleported into the wall/window/car, spins violently at 100000mph'

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Fellis posted:

Hey how did this work out? :iamafag:

You just shut your mouth

Also I remind you, we actually were throwing the bags of gold into the zipline, when SOMEONE decided to get noticed.

And yes, I like to do stupid things at 5-6am... We were doing well until double-bulldozer shield wall.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Lipton Iced Soup posted:

How in the world do you manage to stealth the last day on that heist? Every time my group tries it some guard decides to just randomly go into alert mode, or one of the electronic items doesn't spawn, or any other issue in a stream of problems.

Practice, and don't be afraid to leap to your death for a reset.

We've had all 5 items spawn in the same room once, and other times 3 out of the 5 items are nowhere on the map

Its mainly a good roll of the dice on item spawns, and knowing which guards to avoid, even if they look easy to take out.

Always save at least 1 "kill" for the final part, because a guard will usually decide to wander in while you're balls deep in the vault

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I've heavy into tech (up to shaped charges), and a sprinkling of tier 1 for most others, like bag handling, more sprint etc.

Have yet to do a heist where I don't contribute heavily, in either shooting men alot or blowing stuff open

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Robzor McFabulous posted:

I've had good success solo stealthing Frames day 1 by taking out the four patrolling guards and doing their pagers, shouting down the security room guy, converting him and shouting down the lobby guy. That's the whole place clear and I just run around grabbing paintings. Only potential problem is if the converted guy runs through the lasers whether it'll activate the alarm but I was able to avoid that easily enough the two times I've done it.

Sounds like a solid plan, and would also mean you can get through most if not all of the 3rd day quite easily too.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Liberatore posted:

That's what I mean. If you have a laser splitting the gallery, which you always will, the Inside Man (or ECM jammer) option isn't viable. You have to go through the lobby if you want to get all the paintings. Which means you shouldn't access the security room. Just intimidate one guy and kill everyone else.

75% of the gallery heists I've done, we've never had a laser grid

Just saying

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Liberatore posted:

Overkill? The last 7 (of like 8 or 9) I've done had one.

Varied, a mix of all difficulty levels.

I just know I've only seen a laser grid on the entrance maybe twice.

It is so rare for me that it actually surprised me the first time I saw it, as I had never seen it before that

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

Re: the Tech skill "Unlocking the Sharpshooter" that gives accuracy with all single-shot weapons. What exactly is considered a "single-shot" weapon? Does semi-auto count as "single-shot"? Are shotguns single-shot?

I am going to just take a wild guess here, might be way off.

Since there are no bolt-action guns in the game, anything that doesn't fire more than 1 round when the trigger is held down, should be considered a single-shot weapon.

Now I am sure they don't include shotguns in this, as I would like to think it is more geared to rifles, but are there any non-automatic rifles aside from the 308?

Shotguns already have their own massive perk tree, so I don't think they would reward shotgunners even MORE

But then again we have the Mosconi :dance:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Jesus, just did a stealth run on the Jewel Store and got the achievement for it but I hosed up so badly. Everyone else was taking down guards and keeping civilians under control, whereas I was out in the street freaking out because I put my mask on too early - ended up firing half a dozen silenced shots into every single civilian that lit up. Not quite sure if that technically counted as a "clean" getaway, but the cops weren't on us at least? :v:

It's funny sometimes the most accidental 'stealth' is the best.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bogarts posted:

They need to change the way multiday missions give out XP. Its hard to get a longer mission going when everyone is just grinding the three that you can do in under 2 minutes for the same xp.

But thats the point of a multiday

You used the first 1-2 days to build up the take, and finally it all comes together on the final day for a massive reward (usually)

If they rewarded you handsomely through the first 2 days, no one would bother with the last day (Read: Framing Frames)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

You're all doing it wrong if you're not leaping to your death from the skylights every 2-5 minutes.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

All those that think the game will die out in a month or two without mod support

Are you retarded? :crossarms:

Considering the massive success of the game so far, and Overkills tendency to give give give... we will probably see 2-3 new maps within 3 months I wager

• Locked thread