Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
My game unpacked and is working. I didn't see anything extra download, it just took 16 mins to unpack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Just saw on the map marked in red, Pro Job, Bank Heist: Gold :stare:

My game crashed on the cards after the safe house, it also crashed there for my friend. Quizzed players in a lobby and it crashed there too.

Game inviting is flat out broken, enjoy trying to play with your friends!

Carecat fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 13, 2013

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

quote:

David Goldfarb ‏@locust9 7m
Everyone: Make sure the game has downloaded fully - we are getting a lot of crashes from people that have not completed the Steam download.

My game was functional(ish) but after restarting steam I am downloading another 680MB...

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
gently caress. Framing Frame is a three day with two stealth parts and is extremely hard if you fail to stealth it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Pro Job Watchdogs was exactly the same as standard but with better payout.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
There may be a subtle anti farm code, finished jewelry store in 50 seconds and it refused to show up again in Crime.net until the lobby was remade.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I have the gagball. They dropped the "ball" by not making it infamous.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
There is gold in a vault on Framing Frame's last level but I think you can only get it if you stealth.

Firestarter day 2 can also have vault in the FBI building, we got four stacks of gold.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Damage values from the beta data posted top of the page. The data anuj found doesn't have any clues to damage falloff, except for shotguns which do have variable damage with range.

I'm surprised the UAR is the same damage as the CAR4 and holy poo poo look at the Crosskill, it's got assault rifle damage.

JP36 and AK5 could be awful unless they can be modded to laser accuracy and super low recoil. Which is still awful.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Aug 14, 2013

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Wait, so the Saiga does more damage than the 870?

I don't know how you got that from the chart. The Izhma has 5 less damage, 19 vs 24.

drink slurm posted:

The Saiga's has lower accuracy and as a result starts dropping it's damage at a lot closer range. The reload speed talent does indeed work for it as well.

Bain's guide says any pellet does the full damage but you're still right as you really want headshots and higher accuracy will help that.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Cloakers are officially not in the game right now.

quote:

The Cloakers or "splinter cell looking mofos" have been made. We made the difficult decision of cutting them for release because they simply weren't performing their duty as a baton weilding menace.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Please less M16 and AK variants. Three M4s and three AKs, as well as 6 out of 8 assault rifles in 5.56. Give a SCAR in 7.62!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Torabi posted:

Been having a lot of fun with this. But I read on another site that the game both lacks cloakers and safe house customization. Along with heists missing. Does the game really have the 60-something maps that some of you said? I still love the game but would be nice to know.

Mallcrashers
Four Stores
Nightclub
Three variations of bank
Two variations of Jewelry Store

Watchdogs - Two day
Rats - Three day
Framing Frame - Three day
Firefighters - Three day (last day is bank again)
Big Oil - Two day

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This is a pretty big gap in the game's content considering the specific numbers of heists that were mentioned not far from release. There was a post from Almir on the steam forums responding to people complaining about the amount of content and I'm not sure if I really agree with either group here. A lot of the stuff people expected wasn't 100% confirmed to be in the game (besides the number of heists, which has shifted a lot) but it was pretty strongly hinted at in more than one way.

Playing the beta didn't help but some of the "new" stuff is lazy. Why are the pro jobs identical for Bank Heist, Rats and Watchdogs despite being marked as harder? If they were harder versions like the Ukranian job compared to Jewelry it would be great. Mallcrashers is terrible.

quote:

Dynamic Scenarios – No heist ever plays out the same way twice. Every single scenario has random geometry or even rare events.

That's very generous.

Four Stores only varies in guards and safes.
Nightclub only has some variations on the contents of the back room with the security door.
Mallcrashers I played just three times but I don't think varies at all.
Rats only variety is day 2 which can have some different layouts.

I don't know enough about Big Oil and Framing Frame but there is very little variety to most scenarios. The geometry variations on Rats day 2 and Watchdogs day 2 make very little difference, only the position of the boat has any impact.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Aug 15, 2013

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
By the time you unlock everything you will have enough cash sitting around to just buy and sell weapons on a whim.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

John Murdoch posted:

When 2 or more of the same weapon mod is in inventory, that weapon mod no longer drops.

Baby steps.

If they also make it only ever give one of any unique mod this would fix mod drops.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
30 hours played. Sights dropped: 3, a sec loot bag military sight and finally two at the 29 hour mark. Rifle barrel extensions: 0. I do have some nice stuff but that's getting annoying.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Bank Heist van doors are still bugged, don't steal 8 bags from a pro overkill deposit :allears:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
What's the purpose of the MP5 suppressor barrel? It drops the damage to pathetically low which doesn't matter in stealth but you also don't need a 30 round full auto gun for stealth and it's worthless against armored police.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
And does 1 damage. You could take a crosskill for better damage and 16 round mag. The Crosskill has twice the MP5s damage. The MP5 could take a scope but your headshots are still awful.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 17, 2013

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Why isn't gold worth more? It's heavy as gently caress and only worth 45k. Coke is worth 110k, weapons 140k.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I pick 1 star jewelry store for a quick card.

They say, "We'll do this stealth". They go around the back, both of them get cuffed by the guard.

Pubbies :allears:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Rookersh posted:

Guess that's that for Payday 2. You either played Rats/Firestarter/Big Oil/Framing Frames on day 1, or gently caress you, because nobody is doing those anymore.

I have no problem finding people to play stuff other than Ukraine although I only play overkill missions now.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

quote:

In a recent interview with OXM, Payday 2’s director David Goldfarb promised a year’s worth of updates for Overkill’s bank heist simulator, one of which Goldfarb hopes adds female characters.

“One of the first things I have on my list is to make sure we get a female character,” Goldfarb told OXM. “I’m hoping—I don’t know if we’ll get it as our first DLC, because we’d have to redo all the animations so it doesn’t look like a dude walking around with a female body.”

Other than that, Goldfarb didn’t really say what other DLC might be in the works for Payday 2, though I suspect new maps, weapons or gear are probably in the works. But, considering the game itself came out just yesterday, it’s hard to imagine us seeing anything noteworthy in the near future.

I'll take more heists please.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

NovaPolice posted:

I want a forge of 24K gold, to smith flashlights like they did in the Bronze Age of heisting

seriously, grinding a lot and still missing a lot of "basic", common pool parts at this point.

Also man getting to the last day of Overkill Firestarter and the host accidentally dropping is demoralizing. I mean, at least we didn't get to the evidence room so there wasn't that much effort lost, but god I want some sort of basic host migration. And for silencers to be less crappy and alerting-the-entire-bank-from-the-roofy.

It took 30 hours until I got a scope that wasn't the loot bag mil dot (I had two) and then another five or so hours until I got my first primary barrel extension. At 40 hours that silencer is the only primary barrel extension I have.

I want a tank :smith:

Carecat fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 22, 2013

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
All of the needed changes should have been obvious in beta :colbert:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Balancing the rest of the game around a needless RNG that artificially extends the length of the game is kind of insane. You've should have done everything on overkill by level 40, if you hadn't just been power leveling. The only thing after that is mods and more skills.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Feeble posted:

They compensated for the gangsters total lack of health by making them INSANELY accurate with their guns. It's not that their shots do more damage (at least I'm almost certain they don't...) it's just that they only miss like 1 out of every 10 shots compared to cops who miss like 4-5 depending on range.

They have Mac 10s as well. Police only have MP5s, CAR-4s, Stryk (shields) and 880s.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Slim Killington posted:

This puts you 4 ticks above the very bottom of the lowest visibility bar. With chameleon you won't raise question marks from civilians at all, and detection by cameras and guards takes a very slow, long time to fill up even when masked.

Can you do Framing Frames quickly like this, scooting around guards without much risk?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

mlmp08 posted:

Ok, sure, but if they made ARs hit harder, then made cop ARs also hit harder, that would overall improve the game.

Improve? You'd just make any movement during an assault a death trap. I think cop damage is ok where it is.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

JetGrind posted:

Goldfarb states that the new map isn't a variation on Jewelry Store and also says that AI will be able to carry bags soon. Apparently they also tooled the money you get at the end so it focuses a bit more on bags. This patch sounds massive and also awesome as hell.

Uh aren't bags already a good 50% of the money you make.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Diamond Heist is like an expanded jewelry store with more bags and more instant cash. It's a very big firefight if you set off the alarm, with how open it is stealth won't be easy.

Bulldozer appears to have something like 50% more health.

Very Hard cash card gave me 40k.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I was playing with some 10-20 levels so I kept it on Hard but we still all got our rear end kicked by double bulldozers. The AI for them is still weird but they have so much health.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Cheeseman posted:

So after talking with a few people in some of the games and how I had problems getting my vis low, they told me to see if anyone in the thread could help me or determine if I'm just bugged somehow. Basically, I can almost never get into low vis with my most stealthy weapons. It actually changed recently where now with those weapons and just the suit I can JUST squeeze into low vis, but anything else drops me into medium. Carrying any armor better than the light vest and any weapon bigger than my car-4 or bernetti pretty much launches me into high vis, as well.

I don't know about your problem but they should give the lightweight and two piece suit identical visibility, the two piece already has a movement benefit and they are both for stealth play. With the lightweight as it is they push it into a weird balance position. It's terrible for combat which is what a stealth player wants to always avoid but it's also nearly impossible to keep out of medium.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 15, 2013

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Reclaimer posted:

Didn't Goldfarb have a poll about whether they'd release this patch immediately or sit on it for the weekend to give it more polish, and the community was immediately crying gimme-gimme? I feel like a lot of people either have forgotten about that or must've missed it.

Uh I know blaming gamer entitlement is the hot thing but that's a huge misrepresentation of what they asked.

quote:

Hey everyone,

We've been working hard at this one, just need a couple of minutes to finish things up.

So tell me, do you want the update to go live now or on Monday?

Looking forward to your reply. ;)

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

SpazmasterX posted:

Got my highest paying game ever. Overkill Firestarter. Forgive the giant cellphone picture.

10 weapon bags, 7 bags of weapons and coke in the evidence locker, 5 bags of cash and gold in the deposit boxes. Almost completely stealthed day 3, but a random civilian apparently spawned and called the cops while we were opening boxes.

I'm not sure what this new economy is. They made everything more expensive and overkill twice as hard but you would have gotten three million for 22 bags before patch 11.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

zylche posted:

@locust9: "Why hello there mp40. #payday2 pic.twitter.com/lwibTB9G9l"

Where the heck does this fit into the weapon spectrum? I'd rather see them fit mods to the guns with a weak selection than give us a eighth full auto secondary.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
You say it would avoid One Gun To Rule Them all but I think you'd end up with that backfiring and everyone using the most average weapon such as modded CAR-4s again as they are more capable in most situations instead of putting up with annoying drawbacks.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Kaubocks posted:

Or just take the humorous route and have the female character deepen her voice to try to pass off as a man.

This would be great, the answers are already amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

King Vidiot posted:

He's trying to show off the Saiga Bulldozer, but the screens are so dark that we can't really make out what weapon the Dozer is holding apart from the fact that it's not a shotgun.

The perfect time to give the Saiga a drum mag.

Also give the AK one of the big rear end quad stack magazines.

• Locked thread